The New ASUN Football Conference

So Jacksonville State paid an exit fee; any idea what the price is? I know TSU is being pimped/held hostage by the OVC to depart. Its well known TSU travels well and the PWIs are making $$ from them; but TSU is not making $$ from OVC opponents to come to an "NFL venue"; plus, the deal from Titans to play there is not favorable to TSU.
dont get it twisted... The OVC wanted Tenn State for the Nashville market.... they got Belmont now (OVC dont care about football)... they have no need for TSU. A high percentage of OVC alums live in Nashville.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
How is it so easy for Jax State and EKU to leave the OVC and TSU complaining about an exit fee? You would think they would have big money from playing with the white folks all these years and that an exit fee wouldn't be NOTHING to pay.

How is it so easy for Jax State and EKU to leave the OVC and TSU complaining about an exit fee? You would think they would have big money from playing with the white folks all these years and that an exit fee wouldn't be NOTHING to pay.

For comparison or information sake, the SLC exit fee per Beaumont Enterprise for Texas schools & UCA was $300k

because the Big South had 2 football schools (Kennesaw State and UNA) that were in the Big South for football only with the rest of their sports in the Atlantic Sun..... with the Atlantic Sun getting football both Kennesaw State and UNA will be leaving the Big South in football to having all of their sports in the Atlantic Sun.

Basically leaving Hampton and A&T in a worse spot than they were with the MEAC especially now with NO FAMU & BCU. They are basically what TSU is in the OVC being a part time HBCU with 2-4 HBCUs in the OOC because no one is gonna pack out games to come and see Campbell.

Yeah you dont have to travel for the non-revenue sports but you do for football (especially with Robert Morris, UNA and Monmouth). There is no more CB to boost the enrollment and money coffers. It's obvious that the white AD sold them on a ASun superconference pipe dream and got left out

Basically leaving Hampton and A&T in a worse spot than they were with the MEAC especially now with NO FAMU & BCU. They are basically what TSU is in the OVC being a part time HBCU with 2-4 HBCUs in the OOC because no one is gonna pack out games to come and see Campbell.

Yeah you dont have to travel for the non-revenue sports but you do for football (especially with Robert Morris, UNA and Monmouth). There is no more CB to boost the enrollment and money coffers. It's obvious that the white AD sold them on a ASun superconference pipe dream and got left out
But we said no to the A-Sun invite because of Olympic sports travel costs.

What's yall beef with A&T or other schools not playing in traditionally black conferences and trying to do whats best for them? Some of yall seem to be very salty for no apparent reason. Man a lot of yall some haters. No way around it.. LOL.
Yeah. I've haven't heard any coach, admin or student publicly bash any MEAC school or HBCU in general aside from NCCU in a rivalry-type way. We do hope all HBCUs succeeded in the classroom, the boardroom, and the field of play.

If I am not mistaken, when the dust settles on the new ASUN, plus the MEAC to SWAC moves... this is what the new leagues will look like. The MEAC is in a rough spot with just six squads. Did I get this right? I think so!

BIG SOUTH (7)
Campbell
Charleston Southern
Gardner Webb
Hampton
Monmouth
North Carolina A&T
Robert Morris

MEAC (6)
Delaware State
Howard
Morgan State
Norfolk State
NC Central
SC State

When I had to “listen” to a basketball game that did it for me..I’m ready to leave the meac...the only benefit was nccu and the attention from the celebration bowl...That’s why txsu and pv should leave the SWAC (no real benefit to them)..Once Jsu get back to their winning ways they should leave too😂

the Big South RPI is 1 step above the SWAC and the SWAC has the worst 2 teams in college basketball.... you are a one bid league in the Big South just like you were in the MEAC.
Does this mean A&T won't generate positive revenue from anything except football? Who knew?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What's yall beef with A&T or other schools not playing in traditionally black conferences and trying to do whats best for them? Some of yall seem to be very salty for no apparent reason. Man a lot of yall some haters. No way around it.. LOL.
This is what I don't get lol. 90% of the people on here have talked about how the SWAC and MEAC don't get the job done for like the past 20 years but if someone leaves it's stupid. Makes no sense to me lol. The SWAC is definitely in a straight position at the moment but still, at some point competitiveness has to be mentioned.

When I had to “listen” to a basketball game that did it for me..I’m ready to leave the meac...the only benefit was nccu and the attention from the celebration bowl...That’s why txsu and pv should leave the SWAC (no real benefit to them)..Once Jsu get back to their winning ways they should leave too😂

I see that house mentality is alive and well in Greensboro

So they are saving gas money?

Hell naw lol

It's been posted time and time again that in FOOTBALL RMU and Monmouth are just as far if not further than FAMU and BCU which was cited as the reason why they left the MEAC. In basketball, the Big South is not a step up from the SWAC. Still a one bid league. And as others have mentioned, the non-revenue sports are a wash in the MEAC with no more FAMU and BCU and the SWAC does divisional play in softball and baseball.

But it's not surprising to see people still loving the taste of that water from the Whites Only fountain.

Most people on the SWAC are calling a spade a spade. Hampton's brand aint improved and A&T's wont either. And unlike the MEAC Board, SWAC people will tell you it's a move that doesnt make any sense. Dont have a damn thing to do with "hating" or "being mad". Their brand aint growing in the Big South

@DAHILL - We spoke to the ASUN commissioner, Jacksonville State Ath Director and President after the announcement. I asked about exit and entrance fees. The ASUN commissioner said that his conference doesn’t have a written dollar amount for entrance fees. They’ll just figure something out once this summer once the the teams are officially in the league.

@KP 78 - Jacksonville State hasn’t payed the OVC anything yet.

Greg Seitz, the Jacksonville State AD said In a normal season, JSU would have to pay $500 - 750K along with NCAA March Madness $$$ to leave the OVC. But according the JSU President, they were informed that a lesser payment will be made since a year worth of athletic revenue was already lost. Jax State & Eastern Kentucky will have their corporate lawyers do mediation with the OVC to come up with a possible fee.

If Tennessee State ever wanted to leave the OVC, this would be the perfect time because it won’t cost as much.

@DAHILL - We spoke to the ASUN commissioner, Jacksonville State Ath Director and President after the announcement. I asked about exit and entrance fees. The ASUN commissioner said that his conference doesn’t have a written dollar amount for entrance fees. They’ll just figure something out once this summer once the the teams are officially in the league.

@KP 78 - Jacksonville State hasn’t payed the OVC anything yet.

Greg Seitz, the Jacksonville State AD said In a normal season, JSU would have to pay $500 - 750K along with NCAA March Madness $$$ to leave the OVC. But according the JSU President, they were informed that a lesser payment will be made since a year worth of athletic revenue was already lost. Jax State & Eastern Kentucky will have their corporate lawyers do mediation with the OVC to come up with a possible fee.

If Tennessee State ever wanted to leave the OVC, this would be the perfect time because it won’t cost as much.
These bylaws are always able to be disregarded.

Back