The New ASUN Football Conference

Yea but the playoffs would look dumb having a champ not number one in the polls.

It's not about a poll. It is about the head to head in the playoffs. All polls due is help with Seeding. Champion is determined by who wins out during the playoffs. No different then every other NCAA sport

The ASUN can want all the exposure they want...they will never have the draw of HBCU bands that bring people to our games. The lure of good football & the entertainment of HBCU pageantry can't be duplicated ever.

And no matter how much the playoff lovers over here spew the "competing for the national championship is the uyltimate goal and will grow our brand more than the Celebration Bowl" talking points, it won't convince hardly anyone over here especially when you have the data right before our eyes.

As I said before, They've become the TSU of the East Coast (a part time HBCU). Ask how that worked out for them in 30 years of being in the OVC. We got the data for that as well. They played 1 win Valley in 2019 yet they drew more people against us than established OVC teams at home except for Homecoming.

It's hard for them to understand that, because all they see is the perceived lost opportunity to congregate with the "others!"

And since that AD of theirs leading this is a colonizer, of course they are gonna take his word for it over ours.

It's sad seeing them over on AGS feening for acceptance over there with people who showed them years ago that they don't like them and don't respect them. I guarantee you reality is gonna set it in about 2 years from now.

And no matter how much the playoff lovers over here spew the "competing for the national championship is the uyltimate goal and will grow our brand more than the Celebration Bowl" talking points, it won't convince hardly anyone over here especially when you have the data right before our eyes.

As I said before, They've become the TSU of the East Coast (a part time HBCU). Ask how that worked out for them in 30 years of being in the OVC. We got the data for that as well. They played 1 win Valley in 2019 yet they drew more people against us than established OVC teams at home except for Homecoming.

Well A&T doesn't have that problem. It's hilarious how generations before us fought for integration and to be best period. Not just the best black this and that.

But when it comes to football, i guess it doesn't matter.

And since that AD of theirs leading this is a colonizer, of course they are gonna take his word for it over ours.

It's sad seeing them over on AGS feening for acceptance over there with people who showed them years ago that they don't like them and don't respect them. I guarantee you reality is gonna set it in about 2 years from now.

Lol. We have earned our respect by lining up , playing and beating whomever wants the challenge. Not our fault you can't do the same

Well A&T doesn't have that problem. It's hilarious how generations before us fought for integration and to be best period. Not just the best black this and that.

But when it comes to football, i guess it doesn't matter.

we fought more for separate but equal - we stood to gain more as you HAD to fund us like them.

Our leaders, such as Thurgood Marshall knew it would too costly to pass so they fought for integration knowing they could win

we fought more for separate but equal - we stood to gain more as you HAD to fund us like them.

Our leaders, such as Thurgood Marshall knew it would too costly to pass so they fought for integration knowing they could win

So you rather be separate and equal , then integrated. That's an interesting line of thinking

So you rather be separate and equal , then integrated. That's an interesting line of thinking

If separate but equal was enforced and we’re funded like them with equal facilities you imagine where we would’ve been now? Integration would’ve ultimately happened but the mechanisms would’ve been in place to thrive post integration.

Integration killed our communities as it split folks up and started a keeping up with the Jones mentality

I have been saying that for years. But when I do say that, folks look at me as if I have 2 horns and a tail. But, anyway, lets get back on topic.

I think anyone who disagrees with this after all of the proof backs it up is one of said Joneses not trying to rock the boat.

The SWAC and the MEAC have always been different. They don't know the difference in integration as assimilation.

All they want is white acceptance. I've been watching them grovel for 20 years.

The SWAC has pride and it shows.

The SWAC and the MEAC have always been different. They don't know the difference in integration as assimilation.

Not all MEAC institutions follow this mode of thinking.

Wanting to do more than win a BCF title isn't wanting white acceptance. It's what competitors do.

Eu63D4xVoAgscmD

So when the SWAC sends champion in every sport ( except football) to the NCAA playoffs , isn't that white acceptance

So when the SWAC sends champion in every sport ( except football) to the NCAA playoffs , isn't that white acceptance
No it is not. It is part of the basic requirements for NCAA participation. Eventually, you will see the light once the rest of these conferences do away with the playoff system because of its inadequacy.

No it is not. It is part of the basic requirements for NCAA participation. Eventually, you will see the light once the rest of these conferences do away with the playoff system because of its inadequacy.

The SWAC chooses to send it's champion to compete for these NCAA titles. Just like the SWAC chooses not to send it's conference champ to the FCS playoffs.

It took the MEAC over 15 years to see the light (not making any money in the FCS playoffs and a stagnant brand). The main beneficiary sees growth thanks to the CB yet they are taking the lead from their white savior AD and their Whites Only water fountain drinking alums are going along with it. Everyone can see how this will end but them and their fellow east coact HBCU alums who wish that they could bolt for whiter pastures as well but no one will take them

Last edited:
Back