The More you know = less speculation...

Voice of Reason

J-State86-90
I didn't want this buried in another thread....

JACKSON, Miss. — Like pretty much any and every coach, Deion Sanders has a whiteboard in his office at Jackson State. Yet the board mounted above the coffee maker and microwave, a few feet from his desk, is hardly typical. There are no X’s and O’s scribbled on the board to diagram plays.

Sanders’ board contains a list of 20 items — either generic products or the names of specific stores. These are marketing targets.

"Go get ‘em," Sanders said, alluding to the directive for a marketing firm, SMAC Entertainment, enlisted to pursue potential deals. "That’s the way my mind thinks."

Few, if any, can sell it quite like Sanders, who has never been shy about pushing the envelope and won’t stop now.

This is what Jackson State knew it was getting in hiring the electric Pro Football Hall of Famer to become “Coach Prime.” And his star power is already paying off in a big way.

A university spokesman told USA TODAY Sports on Friday that the Tigers athletic department has generated $185 million in new marketing and promotional deals since Sanders was hired in September to revitalize the football program — and more — at the HBCU school. Surely, this is “The Deion Effect” that athletic director Ashley Robinson stated during a recent interview with USA TODAY Sports.

The way Sanders sees it, it is only the beginning.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Compensation for Likeness is huge. Goes into effect for Mississippi in June when the dead period for football end.
This will be when the rest of the "others" start to truly understand the impact and how we progress forward. Right now, everyone from the opposing teams are in their feelings about the insecurities that are within their own hearts and minds! But soon, the vision will be clear for all to witness and see regarding where this program is headed.

This will be when the rest of the "others" start to truly understand the impact and how we progress forward. Right now, everyone from the opposing teams are in their feelings about the insecurities that are within their own hearts and minds! But soon, the vision will be clear for all to witness and see regarding where this program is headed.
Hold up cs. "Everyone?" :-O

Not all of us are dumb brah. Some of us saw the vision before the vision became a reality @ JSU. IJS'n.

Sorry @Bewildered . You are one of the few with the 20/20 vision who not in their feelings and emotions! I can't wait to see the end result of this likeness/image Bill and the doors that it opens for our schools!

Only 10% of "us" can actually think, cs. Trust, before coach Prime stepped foot on JSU's campus, some of us saw that vision coming to fruition. It took the right appeal, the right image, the brand, to bring it to the forefront at the RIGHT university, campus setting. Coach Prime and JSU are a match made perfectly.

@BraveMan97 , you can step in and throw hate topped w/ salt and shade behind it. :(

Last edited:
Hey Hatas! HEY HATAS!!!!
Car Haters GIF by nog

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Only 10% of "us" can actually think, cs. Trust, before coach Prime stepped foot on JSU's campus, some of us saw that vision coming to fruition. It took the right appeal, the right image, the brand, to bring it to the forefront at the RIGHT university, campus setting. Coach Prime and JSU are a match made perfectly.

@BraveMan97 , you can step in and throw hate topped w/ salt and shade behind it. :(
Honorary blue bengal we not talking about you sir.... you been nothing but supportive it’s them “other” folks that’s been hating ....

I’d be jealous too if I had to put a antenna on my Laptop to find service to attack ole bewild.... you better tell him to respeck his elders .... y’all one of the OGs of the swac.

*fing tears* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

@BraveMan97 , brang yo' hate-filled peace pipe smoking self up in here w/ your 9mm to throw some slugs at ol' Bewild. :(

Last edited:
Let me say this and I’m done with the speculation, we are good with athletic funding for the foreseeable future! You will not hear of all the activities that the AD is implementing but know great things are in the works! If what our administration is saying is accurate others are truly reaping the benefits also! We are in this together....

Where those small time folks from Bama A&M? Those small minded people from SU? Where Kenn Rashad and Kendrick with their apologies?

Hd Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

I mean, congratulations but you still gotta convert all that into tangible assets.

Clarion Ledger made a correction:
Correction/clarification: A previous version of this story mischaracterized new revenue generated since Deion Sanders arrived at Jackson State. The school’s athletic department has generated the equivalency of $185 million in advertising and exposure, a university spokeswoman said.

You do know what a tangible asset is, right?

I mean, congratulations but you still gotta convert all that into tangible assets.

Clarion Ledger made a correction:
Correction/clarification: A previous version of this story mischaracterized new revenue generated since Deion Sanders arrived at Jackson State. The school’s athletic department has generated the equivalency of $185 million in advertising and exposure, a university spokeswoman said.

You do know what a tangible asset is, right?

Stick with aamu news. You don't know how much of that is already tangible. He's had deals and sponsorship in place for months now.

Good deal for your school's athletics! As I have said before, with this kind of money you are about to embark upon, I can just see the SEC or one of the other power conferences expanding soon to include a JSU membership. I am so glad for you!

Back