The Lincoln Project 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

So we're going to blame the white Republican party members when we know who they are, but overlook the black men who came out in numbers against their own best interest? I guess it's like the crime bill. We will blame Joe Biden and give the black people who ruined our community with dope and gang banging a pass.... .

So we're going to blame the white Republican party members when we know who they are, but overlook the black men who came out in numbers against their own best interest? I guess it's like the crime bill. We will blame Joe Biden and give the black people who ruined our community with dope and gang banging a pass.... .

Black people refuses to address the elephants in the room.

Y’all been had. LOL!

Man ain't nobody been had. Anyone with half a gnat's brain knew what the Lincoln Project was all about. Who did not know that that was a "chess" move on their part? It is called politics.

Kendrick, we do not make the rules, but we better learn how to play the game. I'm just saying.

Anyone with half a gnat's brain knew what the Lincoln Project was all about. Who did not know that that was a "chess" move on their part?
Folks who donated money to fund their operation thinking it would actually sway voters.

How is "numbers," quantified, though? Is it more than white women, poor whites, or Hispanics who have historically voted against their own and everybody else's best interests in larger numbers to up uphold a system that only benefits elite whites?

Black men are not to be demonized here. Black people as a whole do not make up enough of the electorate to deserve such criticism unless you're going to address voter suppression, redistricting, gerrymandering, and the Voting Rights Act being gutted that has made it difficult for hundreds of thousands of black people to vote. But we've been loyal as hell in protecting our interests even though this country has never respected us.

And yes, we can blame the crime bill and the war on drugs and the racial disparity in imprisonment for ruining our communities. Our people, particularly, our black men have been disproportionally impacted by those measures that we're still recovering from.

How is "numbers," quantified, though? Is it more than white women, poor whites, or Hispanics who have historically voted against their own and everybody else's best interests in larger numbers to up uphold a system that only benefits elite whites?

Black men are not to be demonized here. Black people as a whole do not make up enough of the electorate to deserve such criticism unless you're going to address voter suppression, redistricting, gerrymandering, and the Voting Rights Act being gutted that has made it difficult for hundreds of thousands of black people to vote. But we've been loyal as hell in protecting our interests even though this country has never respected us.

And yes, we can blame the crime bill and the war on drugs and the racial disparity in imprisonment for ruining our communities. Our people, particularly, our black men have been disproportionally impacted by those measures that we're still recovering from.
Let me ask you a question. How many more black people would have died if the drug war would have continued? How old were you during the drug war? How many friends did you have killed during the drug war? Anyone that was a teenager or adult during the drug war personally saw people gunned down. How many did you see?

@Kendrick...
How do you know it didn't sway some voters?
Because studies have shown that campaign ads rarely impact voters. The majority of people are entrenched in their ideas and beliefs, particularly when it comes to politics. Political ads or newspaper endorsements will not change the minds of voters. If anything, people tend to seek out confirmation bias or echo chambers, not the opposite of that.

Let me ask you a question. How many more black people would have died if the drug war would have continued? How old were you during the drug war? How many friends did you have killed during the drug war? Anyone that was a teenager or adult during the drug war personally saw people gunned down. How many did you see?

The question you should ask is how and why drugs infiltrated the black community in the first place.

Fast forward 40 years later, some of those same drugs that impacted our communities, which caused so much death and imprisonment are now slowly being decriminalized because white people are affected.

The point of that is the war on drugs and all the horrors that came from it really didn't need to exist if the government cared about black people.

The question you should ask is how and why drugs infiltrated the black community in the first place.

Fast forward 40 years later, some of those same drugs that impacted our communities, which caused so much death and imprisonment are now slowly being decriminalized because white people are affected.

The point of that is the war on drugs and all the horrors that came from it really didn't need to exist if the government cared about black people.

I was there . I saw the death. I saw it in the summers I spent in chicago. I saw it in growing up in Atlanta. We all know who put the dope in the streets. We all know who pulled the trigger. I personally witnessed family members and friends murdered in cold blood. Sorry I don't feel the pity you feel you those folks. I understand why those who sold dope did it. I get it. It was survival. I don't excuse the killing.

Because studies have shown that campaign ads rarely impact voters. The majority of people are entrenched in their ideas and beliefs, particularly when it comes to politics. Political ads or newspaper endorsements will not change the minds of voters. If anything, people tend to seek out confirmation bias or echo chambers, not the opposite of that.
Do you think people/organizations would spend money on ads if they didn't work? If this was the case, Facebook, Google, TV would not exist because their business models are based on ads.

Do you think people/organizations would spend money on ads if they didn't work? If this was the case, Facebook, Google, TV would not exist because their business models are based on ads.

The Lincoln Project people got into this to line their own pockets. It wasn't for the greater good.

Money spent on ads is to get a candidate's name out there and promote that person for the most part. But as a tool to shift voter behavior as a whole, the ads do not make a significant impact.

The Lincoln Project people got into this to line their own pockets. It wasn't for the greater good.

Money spent on ads is to get a candidate's name out there and promote that person for the most part. But as a tool to shift voter behavior as a whole, the ads do not make a significant impact.
It was a business transaction for them. Their priority was to defeat Trump. This was in alignment with Dems objective. After this, both parties will try to achieve their respective objectives. So, you're correct, their goal was to never help Dems long term or for the greater good. It's to help build a new party or rebuild the Rep party. This is chess not checkers, don't be too concern with short term moves.

It was a business transaction for them. Their priority was to defeat Trump. This was in alignment with Dems objective. After this, both parties will try to achieve their respective objectives. So, you're correct, their goal was to never help Dems long term or for the greater good. It's to help build a new party or rebuild the Rep party. This is chess not checkers, don't be too concern with short term moves.
My sentiments exactly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back