The Final 8...HONDA BATTLE of THE BANDS

I know what director of bands is. That doesn't mean he's suppose to take over the marching band if they Already have a director over that particular ensemble . I could see if mr little did something that warranted Sanford to step in but him doing so just because he wants to run the marching band is within his rights but more so unprofessional and selfish !!! That's just like you having a chief of police then he hires his division Chiefs over narcotics, traffic ,patrol and vip protection. The reason for hiring his division Chiefs to be over those divisions is usually to detach him away from those divisions unless he his truly needed. The chief usually oversees the direction of the ENTIRE dept but doesn't directly run specific deparments. Imagine the chief hiring his division Chiefs but still trying to run each division, it's like why have division Chiefs then !! But ok this season is almost over. The boom did well enough to have still held its place so it's turn up turn up in 2016 !!

Lol well Sanford is still over all bands regardless so he can pretty much do what he wants. We've had BDs over wind ensembles, etc for years that were under the DOB position. Little being marching band director is no different. Jus gotta deal wit it for now. Next year Little or Hollinger will be DOB so everything will be back to normal in the Boom.

Here you go kvnkreedl, JSU's Band Director accepting the Honda BTOB invite!

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SMH!!! Damn!!!! He is the director of Bands.....not marching band director, Doc. Taylor should have not created that position,because clearly thats not what its for. I dont even know what the hell up wit a person tryna run something..& not gonna be there next yr anyways. They need to kill that marching band director positon...its no use then. S 2016 SONIC BOOM. Hurry quick!!!!

I would have thought Taylor would have stayed in that role and just let someone else deal with the marching band. I remember back in the day, Taylor told us he liked how Doc Greggs had the Director of Bands thing going and I think he proposed that to Dr James and it got shot down. So Taylor always had a vision for having that role and got a chance to finally create it. Sanford (SU alum or not) is not a good fit for JSU. He doesn't understand what needs to be done. Probably would be better for JSU to get someone else for that position. Is it paying enough to entice Magruder back to Jackson? I know he is making real good money in NC. Where is Holden these days?

Dowell may have to intervene and help take charge of things, if he has some influence in his retirement. Sounds like Sanford is trying to run rough shod over Dr Little. Sanford's title is interim right? Wait, he worked for Meyers before at Norfolk State. So I assume they have a good relationship. JSU needs a JSU alum in that role.

I would have thought Taylor would have stayed in that role and just let someone else deal with the marching band. I remember back in the day, Taylor told us he liked how Doc Greggs had the Director of Bands thing going and I think he proposed that to Dr James and it got shot down. So Taylor always had a vision for having that role and got a chance to finally create it. Sanford (SU alum or not) is not a good fit for JSU. He doesn't understand what needs to be done. Probably would be better for JSU to get someone else for that position. Is it paying enough to entice Magruder back to Jackson? I know he is making real good money in NC. Where is Holden these days?

Dowell may have to intervene and help take charge of things, if he has some influence in his retirement. Sounds like Sanford is trying to run rough shod over Dr Little. Sanford's title is interim right? Wait, he worked for Meyers before at Norfolk State. So I assume they have a good relationship. JSU needs a JSU alum in that role.
I dont know whats going on...lol But, I agree with u.

Everything right now is interim.. and that's the problem. However, if Little has concerns, he needs to take them to the Dean.

Not an order of performance. Just a list to which side of the stadium the bands will perform to.

Alabama A&M – Away side
Tennessee State – Home side
South Carolina State – Away side
Jackson State – Home side
Alcorn State – Away side
Bethune-Cookman – Home side
Lincoln Univ. PA – Away side
Prairie View – Home side

Lol Alcorn the only band that's gone bring the away side down. Murray a clown (in a good way) so I know he gone show out.

Smh.... Just why?!?! I think South Carolina State will also bring some life to the away side. A&M....I just dunno sometimes. They sound good, but shows suck usually. Never heard of Lincoln... What dummy decided this? Anyway, I will be there to support.

Smh.... Just why?!?! I think South Carolina State will also bring some life to the away side. A&M....I just dunno sometimes. They sound good, but shows suck usually. Never heard of Lincoln... What dummy decided this? Anyway, I will be there to support.

They will probably bring some life but they will be pretty bad as usual. The last time they were at Honda, they HAD to break the record for the most ragged drilling.

What if the AWAY side turns HONDA out? Nah... (back to reality) Honda lingo for 2016.. "the away side"... lol

I think Alabama A&M and South Carolina State are the most familiar bands to the usuals attending that will be sitting on the away side. Alcorn will be the surprise factor on that side (in a mighty way)…and the "wild card" band of the evening.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What if the AWAY side turns HONDA out? Nah... (back to reality) Honda lingo for 2016.. "the away side"... lol

Why are you Jacksonians dogging your own Boom band? that's very weird. The kids don't deserve that.

Why are you Jacksonians dogging your own Boom band? that's very weird. The kids don't deserve that.

Huh? I think you're confused. We love the band and kids in it and we're very proud of them despite a few setbacks and inhouse things. They even know that. We just don't like Sanford wit his anti-SWAC ways and antics. If you ever knew or met him you'd know why.

Huh? I think you're confused. We love the band and kids in it and we're very proud of them despite a few setbacks and inhouse things. They even know that. We just don't like Sanford wit his anti-SWAC ways and antics. If you ever knew or met him you'd know why.

How can you bash Sanford but defend and prasie Haymer?

How can you bash Sanford but defend and prasie Haymer?

1.) Haymer is running the hell out of his band whether you want to agree or not and his alumni ain't at his throat. Sanford is a completely different story.

2.) The man ain't did nothing worth me bashing him besides crank on my band, which SWAC bands have been doing for years now if you didn't know. His history is just that. No one is perfect. Even yo feminine arse.

3.) If you even knew what went on at JSU instead of being a bystander trying to keep up mess, you'd know better yourself. Grow up and get those panties out yo arse dude. You too old to be on here acting like a female with these idiotic, meaningless comments.

Good day. :cool:

1.) Haymer is running the hell out of his band whether you want to agree or not and his alumni ain't at his throat. Sanford is a completely different story.

2.) The man ain't did nothing worth me bashing him besides crank on my band, which SWAC bands have been doing for years now if you didn't know. His history is just that. No one is perfect. Even yo feminine arse.

3.) If you even knew what went on at JSU instead of being a bystander trying to keep up mess, you'd know better yourself. Grow up and get those panties out yo arse dude. You too old to be on here acting like a female with these idiotic, meaningless comments.

Sanford needs to take his old ass on somewhere and let these young cats have their due. That man is about 70 yrs old for real and still messy as hell. His ego is too big for the boom. Let him keep doing what he's doing and the alumni association will handle him,we already have the wheels turning. They don't ever need to bring anyone on board as dob that's not a former boomer!

Dude, you could have kept that crap! You must don't know who I am? :) You're weak and spineless as a jellyfish, a SU sack rider. You sound like a little batch! You need to come up for air, you've been clinging to sacks for too long!

You're a Paper Tiger, grow some balls and STOP acting like a Post Menstrual Syndrome batch! :)

Last edited:
Sanford needs to take his old ass on somewhere and let these young cats have their due. That man is about 70 yrs old for real and still messy as hell. His ego is too big for the boom. Let him keep doing what he's doing and the alumni association will handle him,we already have the wheels turning. They don't ever need to bring anyone on board as dob that's not a former boomer!

Man I already know. You ain't gotta tell me jack. It's sad. Dude shouldn't have even came to JSU in the first place, let alone been made DOB. Everything is gone be fine when he leaves. Just wait and see. We gone be good fam.

Last edited:
Back