The Final 8...HONDA BATTLE of THE BANDS

Cojack

Well, the votes have been casted and the Final 8 have been chosen......

1) ALABAMA A&M
2) ALCORN
3) BETHUNE COOKMAN
4) JACKSON STATE
5) TENNESSEE STATE
6) PRARIE VIEW
7) SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
8) LINCOLN UNIV- PA

Any comments??.....To be honest, I have not been to the Honda in 2 years, due to the fact that Honda has lost its appeal to me. Nonetheless, congrats to the bands that made it this year...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well, the votes have been casted and the Final 8 have been chosen......

1) ALABAMA A&M
2) ALCORN
3) BETHUNE COOKMAN
4) JACKSON STATE
5) TENNESSEE STATE
6) PRARIE VIEW
7) SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
8) LINCOLN UNIV- PA

Any comments??.....To be honest, I have not been to the Honda in 2 years, due to the fact that Honda has lost its appeal to me. Nonetheless, congrats to the bands that made it this year...

Don't know anything about Lincoln, but the remaining 7 bands are all good bands with great sounds!
news-n-coffee.gif

Alcorn, JSU, TNState, SCState and AAMU will be good for attendance.... PV alums always show up and show out too...

Wonder who will close tho? JSU, TNState or BCU?

Alcorn, JSU, TNState, SCState and AAMU will be good for attendance.... PV alums always show up and show out too...

Wonder who will close tho? JSU, TNState or BCU?

they usually go by size....so JSU or BCU..... I wouldn't want to go last.... its like a step show the more you see the more boring it gets. By the last band everybody has had enough of bands) .

they usually go by size....so JSU or BCU..... I wouldn't want to go last.... its like a step show the more you see the more boring it gets. By the last band everybody has had enough of bands) .

I wouldn't say all that. There was a lot of people still there at the end last year so i disagree with this statement. Folk where hype when the last few bands came on.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nobody will stay around to see PV,.....heck, even tho they suck, they might let SCState close since more than likely, they will have the most fans...

The first time PV was there at Honda, they HOUSED out.....Now, the second time they came, their show did not carry well at all with the crowd....(remembers the band playing "No Hands" by Waka Flocka in their dance routine and featured one of their snare drummers)...{well, you get the picture}.....most people thought that was pure bad taste and exploitation ...

All in all, every band that has been to Honda multiple times has reached that plateau effect.....it's going to be extremely hard to win the crowd over with a regular performance show, unless that one particular band thinks outside the box and performs a STELLAR, yet CREATIVE MEMORABLE SHOW.....

Nah.. they need to let one of the bigger schools start off.. LOL to get people off that CP time. I think JSU have TNState have both opened, right?

If JSU opens, the Dome will be full and then empty after JSU's performance!
news-n-coffee.gif

Little will not have full control. O'Neill
saaad.gif
has informed Honda he is the Band Director, not Little!
news-n-coffee.gif

2016 Honda Battle of the Bands - Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South
SMH!!! Damn!!!! He is the director of Bands.....not marching band director, Doc. Taylor should have not created that position,because clearly thats not what its for. I dont even know what the hell up wit a person tryna run something..& not gonna be there next yr anyways. They need to kill that marching band director positon...its no use then. S 2016 SONIC BOOM. Hurry quick!!!!

Last edited:
SMH!!! Damn!!!! He is the director of Bands.....not marching band director, Doc. Taylor should have not created that position,because clearly thats not what its for. I dont even know what the hell up wit a person tryna run something..& not gonna be there next yr anyways. They need to kill that marching band director positon...its no use then. S 2016 SONIC BOOM. Hurry quick!!!!

Seriously, I really don't know what's going on, but O'Neill should have retired before Taylor.
news-n-coffee.gif

Omg, r u guys serious !!!! I thought Sanford was director of bands which he oversaw all bands and mr little was band director of the marching band ?!?

Director of bands is the head of all bands so Sanford has a say so in any and everything.

Omg, r u guys serious !!!! I thought Sanford was director of bands which he oversaw all bands and mr little was band director of the marching band ?!?
Thatt is how it was SUPPOSED TO BE SET UP! BUT, From what im hearing...Little is not running the marching band. All I know next Yr will be Little's Year!

Director of bands is the head of all bands so Sanford has a say so in any and everything.
I know what director of bands is. That doesn't mean he's suppose to take over the marching band if they Already have a director over that particular ensemble . I could see if mr little did something that warranted Sanford to step in but him doing so just because he wants to run the marching band is within his rights but more so unprofessional and selfish !!! That's just like you having a chief of police then he hires his division Chiefs over narcotics, traffic ,patrol and vip protection. The reason for hiring his division Chiefs to be over those divisions is usually to detach him away from those divisions unless he his truly needed. The chief usually oversees the direction of the ENTIRE dept but doesn't directly run specific deparments. Imagine the chief hiring his division Chiefs but still trying to run each division, it's like why have division Chiefs then !! But ok this season is almost over. The boom did well enough to have still held its place so it's turn up turn up in 2016 !!

Back