The Box Office

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
What big summer blockbusters have you guys seen, so far this year? I have yet to be really impressed w/any of the movies out right now.

I hear Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a good one, but I haven't seen it yet. I saw Dark Water on Friday night and it wasn't all that...kinda slow. I could have waited until it was on DVD. :rolleyes:

I rented Hostage and Hide & Seek, over the w/e...they were both pretty good.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. and Mrs. Smith was okay, not good, just okay.

War of the Worlds was okay to disappointing.

SU's Finest '93 said:
I hated War of the Worlds...:smh:
Is it that bad? I have not seen any of the movies posted above but I thought that since Steven Speilberg directed this movie-WAR OF THE WORLDS I thought it would be good.

I liked Wars of the Worlds. Fantastic Four was alright. Will try to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith (kinda reminds me of War of the Roses, but with action).

pbla said:
Is it that bad? I have not seen any of the movies posted above but I thought that since Steven Speilberg directed this movie-WAR OF THE WORLDS I thought it would be good.

I, too, thought since Spielberg directed it, it would be awesome....I thought it was quite stupid. I actually thought the movie was about something else, so I was VERY disappointed. :smh:

SU's Finest '93 said:
I, too, thought since Spielberg directed it, it would be awesome....I thought it was quite stupid. I actually thought the movie was about something else, so I was VERY disappointed. :smh:

Something else like?

SU's Finest '93 said:
I think he based it on the book that was actually written.

War of the Worlds and Batman - off the chain

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - pretty decent...I think I went in expecting something else so that knocked it down a notch.

Still got Fantastic 4 to go.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Blacknbengal said:
I think he based it on the book that was actually written.

He did follow the book. I think it is a pretty good movie.

Finest,

What were you expecting from the movie?

I have not read any of his books, so I wasn't aware that the movie would be about aliens coming up out of the ground. I thought this was a disaster movie...at least that's what I got out of the first previews they were showing.

SU's Finest '93 said:
I have not read any of his books, so I wasn't aware that the movie would be about aliens coming up out of the ground. I thought this was a disaster movie...at least that's what I got out of the first previews they were showing.
Actually it's also a remake of the 1957 classic movie War Of The Worlds. You might like that one better. :D

Back