The Box Office

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
What big summer blockbusters have you guys seen, so far this year? I have yet to be really impressed w/any of the movies out right now.

I hear Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a good one, but I haven't seen it yet. I saw Dark Water on Friday night and it wasn't all that...kinda slow. I could have waited until it was on DVD. :rolleyes:

I rented Hostage and Hide & Seek, over the w/e...they were both pretty good.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith was okay, not good, just okay.

War of the Worlds was okay to disappointing.

SU's Finest '93 said:
I hated War of the Worlds...:smh:
Is it that bad? I have not seen any of the movies posted above but I thought that since Steven Speilberg directed this movie-WAR OF THE WORLDS I thought it would be good.

I liked Wars of the Worlds. Fantastic Four was alright. Will try to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith (kinda reminds me of War of the Roses, but with action).

pbla said:
Is it that bad? I have not seen any of the movies posted above but I thought that since Steven Speilberg directed this movie-WAR OF THE WORLDS I thought it would be good.

I, too, thought since Spielberg directed it, it would be awesome....I thought it was quite stupid. I actually thought the movie was about something else, so I was VERY disappointed. :smh:

SU's Finest '93 said:
I, too, thought since Spielberg directed it, it would be awesome....I thought it was quite stupid. I actually thought the movie was about something else, so I was VERY disappointed. :smh:

Something else like?

SU's Finest '93 said:
I think he based it on the book that was actually written.

War of the Worlds and Batman - off the chain

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - pretty decent...I think I went in expecting something else so that knocked it down a notch.

Still got Fantastic 4 to go.

Blacknbengal said:
I think he based it on the book that was actually written.

He did follow the book. I think it is a pretty good movie.

Finest,

What were you expecting from the movie?

I have not read any of his books, so I wasn't aware that the movie would be about aliens coming up out of the ground. I thought this was a disaster movie...at least that's what I got out of the first previews they were showing.

SU's Finest '93 said:
I have not read any of his books, so I wasn't aware that the movie would be about aliens coming up out of the ground. I thought this was a disaster movie...at least that's what I got out of the first previews they were showing.
Actually it's also a remake of the 1957 classic movie War Of The Worlds. You might like that one better. :D

Back