The 2010 Gym Thread..

aye..Im all for good health and shyt...But ya'll New gym naggas need to buy a home gym. I went to PLanet Fitness yesterday round 6. and that shyt was PACKED! New folks registering. Me and some REGULAR folks of the gym ( Who some happen to be ex band members, was like " Eh Crabs we need that bench"...:lmao:

Didn't have that problem at the time I went. 5 am! :D Only about 2 new people, and they weren't there today!

2010 has started great for me, i'm upping all of my weight on my exercises, and doing better on the cardio. I really want to get down to bout 220-230, decent running back weight, instead of where I am now at D-end or D-tackle weight.

I'm continuing my workouts, those of you on Fb see my daily updates, at the gym prior to work each day. My goal is to lead a healthy lifestyle, and that means consistent exercise. Weight loss is a bonus, but I'm not harping on the number on the scale.

I want to increase my walking/running so I set a goal to walk/run 500 miles this year. That's about 42 miles per month, or 1.5 miles/day.

To aid with that I'm going to do several 5Ks and 10Ks.

I'm doing the Crescent City Classic w/ Kema and I signed up for the Mardi Gras Mambo 10K in Baton Rouge on Feb. 20. Looking ahead I'm going to the LRCE 5K and the Fat Boy 5K. I'll probably do a few more 10Ks in the fall also.

Well done Kema! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you! I'm finished Week 1 of Couch to 5k. Wednesday is Week 2. On my 3rd run for Week 1, I honestly felt progress. I was not huffing and puffing. I'm back into my fruit and raw veggie eating plan. I feel great, and I believe I can do this. Consistency is what I am working on. Thank you for joining me in the CCC 10k!
When and where is the Fat Boy 5k?

Thank you! I'm finished Week 1 of Couch to 5k. Wednesday is Week 2. On my 3rd run for Week 1, I honestly felt progress. I was not huffing and puffing. I'm back into my fruit and raw veggie eating plan. I feel great, and I believe I can do this. Consistency is what I am working on. Thank you for joining me in the CCC 10k!
When and where is the Fat Boy 5k?

I'm looking forward to it! :flippy:

The Fat Boy 5K is in Baton Rouge. It is generally in March, but I haven't heard the date this year.

2010 has started great for me, i'm upping all of my weight on my exercises, and doing better on the cardio. I really want to get down to bout 220-230, decent running back weight, instead of where I am now at D-end or D-tackle weight.

I was at LB weight earlier this year and now I'm staying at DB.

I'm looking forward to it! :flippy:

The Fat Boy 5K is in Baton Rouge. It is generally in March, but I haven't heard the date this year.

Cool! I was looking for another race that would be after the CCC 10k.

Chevron has one here in Houston, but it is very soon, and I am not ready for that one at all. Maybe I will aim for that one next year. ;-)

Actually, early morning workouts are the best for your body. Cardio is the most effective since your body is still in burning mode.

Noted! :tup:
I've been thinking about switching my yoga times to mornings, but I already have such a hard time getting up at 6:30 a.m., so I don't know.

I just know I'm usually not interested in working out as soon as I get home from work, which is after 7 p.m. And then I push myself to work out before taking a shower/going to bed at around 10:30 p.m. or so.

Actually, early morning workouts are the best for your body. Cardio is the most effective since your body is still in burning mode.
Naw. I ain't in cardio mode. Im adding mass until Feb. And seeing that I work two jjobs, and get off late. 4-5 hours off sleep to go workout out, ain't gonna help.

plus....5am...don't no fine females be in there @ no damn 5am..

:D

~_________~

Naw. I ain't in cardio mode. Im adding mass until Feb. And seeing that I work two jjobs, and get off late. 4-5 hours off sleep to go workout out, ain't gonna help.

~_________~

This depends on where your gym is.

Drinking water in the morning is the best time for your body also. It's better because that is when your body is more thirsty, so drinking those pops aren't god for you anyway, especially early in the morning. It also helps curve your appetite be taking care of your thirst. You want desire those big meals.

~_________~

I have done the early morning workouts and the evening workouts. I prefer evenings. My cardio is better in the morning but I feel so weak when I try to lift in the mornings. Plus, the females are way deeper after work. Especially them chicks, who are going to dance class.

I aint been to a gym in a min. I use to mainly go to play ball really. I do things at home though...all I'm trying to do is cut up more. I got the pecs and the 6 pac..showing and toned up where I can hit the Beach with no worries..but I want it cut up more. lol Im 160.....my metabolism is crazy...not tryna lose or really gain either though.

Yea..but college would make a dude get in the gym quick! lol I was on the step team..and the step captin was swole and always wanted to find a way for us to take our shirt off in shows for the females. We stayed in that gym that year...to keep our pride and dignity.:lol:

I aint been to a gym in a min. I use to mainly go to play ball really. I do things at home though...all I'm trying to do is cut up more. I got the pecs and the 6 pac..showing and toned up where I can hit the Beach with no worries..but I want it cut up more. lol Im 160.....my metabolism is crazy...not tryna lose or really gain either though.

Yea..but college would make a dude get in the gym quick! lol I was on the step team..and the step captin was swole and always wanted to find a way for us to take our shirt off in shows for the females. We stayed in that gym that year...to keep our pride and dignity.:lol:

That is one the best parts of being in a fraternity in undergrad, is it gives you an execuse to take your shirt off on the yard. Of course, I use to run around in a jockstrap and cape at the Omega parties back in the day but no one knows that now. I don't even have frat stuff at my cubicle now.

Back