The 2010 Gym Thread..

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
Okay,
I am kicking it off early this year. I lost 20 pounds last summer (275-255) but over the course of the semester I put 15 back on (Grad School night time snacking).

My goal this year is to hit 250 by March and and 245 by April.
I am looking at adding a few workout classes to my repertoire this year. I am going back to spin class on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I may add a body pump class on Wednesday.

I tried hydroxycut in the past and it worked the first time, (hardcore gave me female-like mood swings) but I don't think I am going to use any supplements this go round.

My opening weight is 270 lbs...

Shid I'm fighting to get back UP to Rio weight......I just need to add 10-15lbs......it doesnt take long for me to bulk up but its hard for me to maintain it....I have a high metabolism.....:noidea:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I was 220 around this time last year and then I drop 10 to 15 pounds during the summer. My goal is to be around 205 and maintain if I can...

Boxing classes will shed the pounds off of you in no time...

Im FINALLY @ 215! Took me 5 years of trying! lmao.... But Ima bulk a lil bit more (220 MASS weight) then change my workout to more reps to cut up and get around 210 solid muscle. Im @ 17% Body Fat now...soooooo Ima up my cardio and Calistinics(SP) and drink more water

~________~

Pops I feel you. The Holidays are killer for me.

I'm working on cutting and abs for the next 6 months. My upper body is strong and lower body is too. I hit the gym twice a week. Starting next weeks it will be 4 to 5 times a week to try and hit my goals. 240 by this summer would be great... 230 by Football season.

Pops I feel you. The Holidays are killer for me.

I'm working on cutting and abs for the next 6 months. My upper body is strong and lower body is too. I hit the gym twice a week. Starting next weeks it will be 4 to 5 times a week to try and hit my goals. 240 by this summer would be great... 230 by Football season.

I just want to be able to take my shirt off in the club again with confidence at the frat parties :lol::lol:

Man I promise to work out harder this year too. I am trying to go from opening three beers cans a day, to five. Popping them tops take a lot out of you.

Well, I was working out every other day up until the week of Christmas.....guess I'll get back on it after the new year like everybody else. :rolleyes: :lol:

Okay,
I am kicking it off early this year. I lost 20 pounds last summer (275-255) but over the course of the semester I put 15 back on (Grad School night time snacking).

My goal this year is to hit 250 by March and and 245 by April.
I am looking at adding a few workout classes to my repertoire this year. I am going back to spin class on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I may add a body pump class on Wednesday.

I tried hydroxycut in the past and it worked the first time, (hardcore gave me female-like mood swings) but I don't think I am going to use any supplements this go round.

My opening weight is 270 lbs...

I LOVE Body Pump! :clap: that is my junk. It really makes me sweat and you will burn a lot of calories. I'm thinking about a Spin class also, those are serious. I started working out on the routine back in October 3 to 4 times a week. messed around blew my hair out for the Thanksgiving/holidays, :xeye: then been traveling so I got lazy and my schedule got off. I will be back at it next week. I am dreading the new year rush, its gonna be packed. I would like to do a boot camp series soon too.

I have a lot of changes that I am planning to make with my eating also, makes no sense for me to work out if i'm not gonna fix my nutrition. No fast food, no fried foods, no sugar, no alchohol...etc. I'm REALLY thinking of cutting out meat again, period. I've done it before last year for about 3 months, but it was shot to hell when I went to Vegas for my bday. The will aint back yet, so I guess i'll start weenin it out. :lol: but I am trying.

I have so far lost 21lbs and I decided to train for the Crescent City Classic 10k on April 3.

I have too, K~! :tup: Keep it up!

As for me, I've started back doing yoga. I've cut back on my food portions (like eating a half burger), which has contributed to my weight loss. I have not really changed the things I like to eat; I just don't eat nearly as much of it.

My goal is to lose another 20-25 lbs by Spring! I really like my full-figure, and wanna maintain it just a little.

Just visited the doctor a couple of weeks ago: no high blood pressure, no diabetes and cholesterol is great! Aside from being slightly on the anemic side, I'm HEALTHY! :jump:

Last edited:
Congrats to each of you, that are losing weight...that's wonderful! :tup:

I, personally don't want to lose any weight...I can stand to lose a couple of inches off my waistline but I'm really just changing my eating habits and exercising more to stay healthy & tone up. I realize that 40 is almost among me and I want to be around a looooooonnnnng time, so I've gotta get it together. :nod:

I have so far lost 21lbs and I decided to train for the Crescent City Classic 10k on April 3.

Awesome!!!! :flippy::flippy: Good luck with the 10K!!!

Congrats to each of you, that are losing weight...that's wonderful! :tup:

I, personally don't want to lose any weight...I can stand to lose a couple of inches off my waistline but I'm really just changing my eating habits and exercising more to stay healthy & tone up. I realize that 40 is almost among me and I want to be around a looooooonnnnng time, so I've gotta get it together. :nod:

And that is what its all about! :tup: I made up my mind that my 30s are my turning point and that it was time to stop playing and seriously get healthier.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This upcoming year brings about a change for me.

Physically is a MUST!!!

I looking to lose 20-30 lbs. Weightlifting, (If my Back permits) running/jogging, P90X, etc.

My eating habits must change. I really dont eat alot... but I dont eat enough. 2-3 times a day is not healthy.. Its just hella hard to eat 6 times a day.

But Im committed to it. Finally. I have No excuse.

I'm continuing my workouts, those of you on Fb see my daily updates, at the gym prior to work each day. My goal is to lead a healthy lifestyle, and that means consistent exercise. Weight loss is a bonus, but I'm not harping on the number on the scale.

I want to increase my walking/running so I set a goal to walk/run 500 miles this year. That's about 42 miles per month, or 1.5 miles/day.

To aid with that I'm going to do several 5Ks and 10Ks.

I'm doing the Crescent City Classic w/ Kema and I signed up for the Mardi Gras Mambo 10K in Baton Rouge on Feb. 20. Looking ahead I'm going to the LRCE 5K and the Fat Boy 5K. I'll probably do a few more 10Ks in the fall also.

Well done Kema! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Just joined a gym today. I'm @ 251. I've got to change my diet. If I cook/eat better I could probably do wonders.

After a bunch of excuses and getting all the right props, (weights, mats, etc), I finally started P90x. Beginning weight is 185 with a 34 waist. Arms and back are okay, but gut still exists. My goal is to lean down to a manageable 175.

Good luck folks. We will win in 2010!

After a bunch of excuses and getting all the right props, (weights, mats, etc), I finally started P90x. Beginning weight is 185 with a 34 waist. Arms and back are okay, but gut still exists. My goal is to lean down to a manageable 175.

Good luck folks. We will win in 2010!

Let me know how it goes...

CARDIO....DIET (eating right, several meals and small portions)...WATER

Three Main thing most you should focus on if you trying to lose weight!

Juut sayinG!

aye..Im all for good health and shyt...But ya'll New gym naggas need to buy a home gym. I went to PLanet Fitness yesterday round 6. and that shyt was PACKED! New folks registering. Me and some REGULAR folks of the gym ( Who some happen to be ex band members, was like " Eh Crabs we need that bench"...:lmao:

~________~

aye..Im all for good health and shyt...But ya'll New gym naggas need to buy a home gym. I went to PLanet Fitness yesterday round 6. and that shyt was PACKED! New folks registering. Me and some REGULAR folks of the gym ( Who some happen to be ex band members, was like " Eh Crabs we need that bench"...:lmao:

~________~

yeah, you can't touch the big boys bench on Mondays :lol::lol::lol:.
Monday is universal "bench press" day

yeah, you can't touch the big boys bench on Mondays :lol::lol::lol:.
Monday is universal "bench press" day
I mean. These folks ain't know what they was doin. A chick was on one, and a new dude was on the other. chick was bigger then the dude was! :lol: Grippin the bar wrong, ain't know what weight to start at, form was hiidious. 3 of us stepped up to "Help" him, put our weights on, and started a rotation, this dude left after the 1st rotation! :lol:

~__________~

Back