The 2005 Grammys

Legend35

I just want to say that this was one of the best grammys I have seen in a long long time. With the exception of my mother in music Aretha Franklin who saved the grammys in 98,...I felt it lost it's prestiege. That same year,...Low Down Dirty B*st*rd got on there and showed his arse because he didn't win in his catagory. Then, some dude with no shirt on did his own protest while Bob Dylan was performing!!!! :shame: I just stopped watching it for a while. I thought that all of the great artist were gone and the rap crap was taking over. I thought wrong!!!! I see there are still a market for people who knows and appreciate good music!!!! I must admit I was depressed after the passing of Ray Charles and Tyrone Davis but, I see that their style and creativity will not be forgotten and will continue to inspire artists for generations to come.
Alicia Keys-FLOORED ME!!!! She had that orchestra behind her and they just went to town!!!! I love that girl!!!! She's got talent!!!
Then Quincy Jones and Jamie Fox came out and did a whole different arrangement to "Georgia On My Mind". It was hip and yet, I could still hear all the different genre's in the composition!!!! :bowdown: AWESOME!!!!
Now I like Usher because of his performance and that drummer was hittin' some awesome accents!!!!
John Mayer is an artist with something to say!!!! You can tell good music. Good music does not require a lot of instrumentation. Instruments are use to cover empty lyrics. Last but not least,... Ray Charles recieved the grammy for best album. I was at home gettin' emotional. :cry: :jump: :cry: How fitting!!!!
I guess what I want to say is that I'm glad there are still some people out there that are doing some great things in music.

Amen. You could have knocked me over with a short breeze when Brother Ray won. I've had that album since the minute it came out, never knowing it would be his last. A great tribute, but so unexpected.

It was an okay Grammy's.

Kanye West gets on my mothfugging nerves. He is so ARROGANT.

Ursha is the truth. He is the next Micheal Jackson...hands down.

Man Bill Clinton won an award for best spoken world album.

RIP: Rick James, OLD & Ray Charles.

SNORE FEST 2005!!! The Mexicans must have complained about the lack of representation. No foul there. The highlight and zenith of the night was Alicia Keys and Jamie Foxx. Usher handled his business as always. Other than that....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BandFan said:
Kanye West gets on my nerves. He is so ARROGANT.
Ursha is the truth. He is the next Micheal Jackson...hands down.

Agree 100%. The torch was officially passed/ripped out of Mike's hand last night, he's history; regarless of his legal troubles.
West will fizzle out soon if he doesn't check himself.
Performance of the night: Alicia Keys :eek: :eek: :eek:
The girl can sang and gave a full out performance. :tup: :tup: :tup:

I enjoyed the show. It was different and they entertainment was good, didn't care too much for Mark Anthony and J.L.. I am a big Green Day fan and they came back big time with their album. :tup: to their performance. Alicia Keys is so beautiful and has a good spirit about her. She should last a long time.

SLT said:
I beg to differ.

Do you think he'll be able to come back from this trial and pick up where his career where he left off? I mean, even before the first set of allegations, he was fallin' off. If he's found innocent, it'll take a miracle to get back to the "Off the Wall", "Thriller" days. The industry is moving on w/the likes of Usher, John Legend and that Omarion (sp) kid.

I'm glad most of y'all enjoyed the Grammy's, cuz I sure as hell did NOT. :tdown: The only thing I liked, was Jamie Foxx, Alicia Keys, Usher and Queen Latifah.

Damn shame, for an award show if this magnitude, to be so boring. :shame:

Queen Latifah served no Purpose. I dont think she can sing.

JLO and Mark Anthony was LAME as Hell.

Ursha is young, and he has good thing ahead of him.
Please do not ever put Omarion in the same breath as John Legend. Kayne West is about to die down.....with his 300 teeth having arze!!!!

Beyonce was looking so d@mn fine!!!!!
Alicia and Jamie rocked the house.
Maroon 5 is hot!!!!! I have their album and its banging. Green day is one of my favorite bands. Their albums is nice.

That Tsunami Releif song Sucked so bad!!!!!! :xeye:

BandFan said:

Bf,

Boy, you'd better get your ears "flershed" out!! In my opinion, she's a much better singer of jazz and r&b than that rappin' stuff she used to do. The cd "The Dana Owens Album" is all that!!

NASTYNUPE said:
Who in the hell listens to U2???
:wavey: ME!!!!
Sorry,....I'm a wanna be musician so, I listen to all kinds of styles.
"I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

AAMU Alum said:
Bf,

Boy, you'd better get your ears "flershed" out!! In my opinion, she's a much better singer of jazz and r&b than that rappin' stuff she used to do. The cd "The Dana Owens Album" is all that!!
She can hold a tune but, to me she is a very raw jazz singer. That band behind her kept her afloat last night.

BandFan said:
Please do not ever put Omarion in the same breath as John Legend.

As singer/songwriters, they're not even on the same planet but lil dude can dance his arse off. To be the next Michael, you better be able to do it all.

Usher is the ultimate entertainer. But I'll be glad when an actual "band" hits the scene again. Someone like Mint Condition. I want to see some musicians on stage for a change. Just my .02

NASTYNUPE said:
Usher is the ultimate entertainer. But I'll be glad when an actual "band" hits the scene again. Someone like Mint Condition. I want to see some musicians on stage for a change. Just my .02

co motherfugging sign.

FAB5 said:
Do you think he'll be able to come back from this trial and pick up where his career where he left off? I mean, even before the first set of allegations, he was fallin' off. If he's found innocent, it'll take a miracle to get back to the "Off the Wall", "Thriller" days. The industry is moving on w/the likes of Usher, John Legend and that Omarion (sp) kid.

Usher is good, no doubt, but he has a way to go to reach the epitome of a career like Michael.

Even Michael's old music is still fresh today.

BandFan said:

JLO and Mark Anthony was LAME as Hell.

Ursha is young, and he has good thing ahead of him.
Please do not ever put Omarion in the same breath as John Legend. Kayne West is about to die down.....with his 300 teeth having arze!!!!

Beyonce was looking so d@mn fine!!!!!
Alicia and Jamie rocked the house.
Maroon 5 is hot!!!!! I have their album and its banging. Green day is one of my favorite bands. Their albums is nice.

That Tsunami Releif song Sucked so bad!!!!!! :xeye:

I have never understood the hype on Alicia Keys. Don't get me wrong she is extremely talanted, however she is not the best vocalist. Sexy as hell though!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAMU Alum said:
Bf,

CO-sign.............Great CD

Surely you all don't think that Queen Latifah is a better singer than Alicia Keys. Maybe I'm just reading this thread wrong.

MC Lyte or Monifah...send help

Back