Texas police officer slings innocent black girl by hair, pulls gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hard-pressed to find ANYBODY doing right in that video. With that said, ol' boy came in looking like he was jacked up on Mountain Dew. And while I don't agree with the pulling of the firearm, I do understand it. You don't just run up on an officer effecting an arrest and expect nothing. I think that was more out of instinct, and was precipitated by the two guys running up as if they were about to hit the officer. Glad the other two officers stopped that one in its tracks....Everyone in this video could have, and SHOULD have done better. Overall, that officer appeared to escalate the incident way past what was called for. Waiting to see/hear more details as well.

SMH

Actually outside of voice calls everything is tucked away. How do you think cops get text messages after they are deleted from phone devices.

I'm por camera because we have no other route to take. A judge and jury will believe damn near everything a cops says. What if we had CCTC with Trevon....or Michael Brown etc....to actually have a FULL recording and cop not screaming at a person to stop filming. Maybe we would have less of this going on...we would also have supportive documentation on both ends of the spectrum.

Bruh, you all don't know the half of it. ::read:: I do agree, for the positives in the cases like Treyvon, Michael Brown, et al, it would be perfect. But, how would you feel if your every move was being recorded while you were socializing, resting, etc? Quick quest: How many nW does a phone use while it is at rest? lol It's a slippery slope mane.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
All I know is not one biker was slammed to the ground and they had 9 bodies laying on the ground.....and covered up before the coroner came. Bikers sitting around texting like it was another day at the park.

Fox (puke puke) 26 just showed the kid that shot the video and he has it from the fight between the white woman and the black young lady. The white kid who shot the video and his friend (also white) are corroborating the story of the Black teens. Oh yeah, one person, when asked if it was racial, said no but then he contradicted himself by saying some things that were said made it seem racial....oh yeah...the fellow is black.

A security guard is there "trying" to break up the fight. All he did was (once the females were separated) point and tell them to clear out which indicates to me the white female was the agitator/aggressor.

I knew the person who filmed it was white yesterday so in this instance white privilege actually helps out the black teens because if the person filming this was black, I am almost sure the cop would have made them stop filming it.

Now if this girl was assaulted by the white woman-why not press charges against her? That is assault.

Now if those folks were scared of blacks-why would there be some living in that neighborhood? Last time I checked there are blacks scared to be around that large of a group of blacks. So we are going to get mad when white folks do it?

Maybe those folks had an issue with the blacks who were NOT invited? Since we have had so many stories of large sets of violent blacks kids destroying McDonald, Malls and other places. Along with white kids going nuts over college basketball games.

If white folks are making it clear that they don't want us around-how about we start fixing up our communities and have our own gate communities where we can do what we want?

I knew the person who filmed it was white yesterday so in this instance white privilege actually helps out the black teens because if the person filming this was black, I am almost sure the cop would have made them stop filming it.

When the cop pointed and told the person filming to back up (instead of going for the camera or yell for the camera to be turned off) my first thought was the filmer was white.

Last edited:
Now if this girl was assaulted by the white woman-why not press charges against her? That is assault.

Now if those folks were scared of blacks-why would there be some living in that neighborhood? Last time I checked there are blacks scared to be around that large of a group of blacks. So we are going to get mad when white folks do it?

Maybe those folks had an issue with the blacks who were NOT invited? Since we have had so many stories of large sets of violent blacks kids destroying McDonald, Malls and other places. Along with white kids going nuts over college basketball games.

If white folks are making it clear that they don't want us around-how about we start fixing up our communities and have our own gate communities where we can do what we want?

Crashing parties is NOT a new thing. I did it in the mid sixties. I'll admit social media has taken it to a new level but in my day word of mouth was the vehicle and it still got around. The young lady involved in the fight was 19 if I heard correctly.

We do have communities that are well kept and quiet but some of us still prefer to be with those who show time and time again that (for the most part) we are not welcome.

Crashing parties is NOT a new thing. I did it in the mid sixties. I'll admit social media has taken it to a new level but in my day word of mouth was the vehicle and it still got around. The young lady involved in the fight was 19 if I heard correctly.

We do have communities that are well kept and quiet but some of us still prefer to be with those who show time and time again that (for the most part) we are not welcome.
Here's an interview of the kid who shot the video. I guess since somebody white says it, folks who are justifying the officer's action will start believing what happened.

Here's an interview of the kid who shot the video. I guess since somebody white says it, folks who are justifying the officer's action will start believing what happened.

There is no swimming pool in Amite, LA to this day because the whites did not want to Black folk in the pool when they were in the pool. The Black folk there said either we all swim or no one swims so they shut it down...I am referring to the city run pool....not hotels/motels.

Last edited:
Herbert, I know why you "smh"-ed my response. I just said that it appears like an instinctive reaction. Doesn't mean it was the correct one. Just know that I don't agree, personally, with drawing a weapon in that situation. Like I said, the officer served to escalate the situation the most, and it doesn't appear, based on what we know at this point, that it was necessary. Hell there was another officer doing a fine job without the extra hoopla.

My other comment simply means that the kids have some culpability as well. If you believe they were just standing around the pool singing Kum Ba Yah and roasting marshmallows, I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. But with that said, the officer still should have had more control of himself and his emotions. The kids need to learn when to leave well enough alone, and the officer needs to learn to assess a situation much better.

I have a question. What happens when black Americans start fighting back? One day its gonna happen. I guess another question is America ready for what happens when they do start fighting back?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Herbert, I know why you "smh"-ed my response. I just said that it appears like an instinctive reaction. Doesn't mean it was the correct one. Just know that I don't agree, personally, with drawing a weapon in that situation. Like I said, the officer served to escalate the situation the most, and it doesn't appear, based on what we know at this point, that it was necessary. Hell there was another officer doing a fine job without the extra hoopla.

My other comment simply means that the kids have some culpability as well. If you believe they were just standing around the pool singing Kum Ba Yah and roasting marshmallows, I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. But with that said, the officer still should have had more control of himself and his emotions. The kids need to learn when to leave well enough alone, and the officer needs to learn to assess a situation much better.

Okay, here is a personal experience I had when I was a professional musician and our group was on the road. This hotel we checked into had a pool and we were in town for a few days so we (the guys in the group) bought some swimming trunks and went to enjoy the pool. There were white folk (mainly women) in the pool. Once we arrived and entered the pool the whites began to get out and someone went to the hotel manager about us being in the pool. We never said one word to anyone in the pool. We were horsing around with each other. The manager comes out and asks us if we were guests of the hotel. I went ballistic and read him the riot act. His first response was he was not prejudiced and he called on a black maid at the hotel to confirm his "character" which pissed me off even more. He never asked whether any of the white people in the pool were hotel guests.

Kids will be kids and I would think something was wrong with them if they were singing Kum Bah Yah. End of school pool party...yeah they were probably loud and raucous but that is who CHILDREN are...it is what they do.

I've lost a lot of respect for some of you cats after reading your posts. You negroes will shine the white man shoes any chance you get. Anybody in here defending this cowardly act needs a reality check

It seems we have this innate need to make white people feel comfortable in their bigotry.

Dr. Joy DeGruy PLEASE send help! Many of you guys need to watch the lecture video (or read the book) Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome.

When have kids ever known when to leave well enough alone? They are CHILDREN....wet behind the ears...pablum on their breath...don't know sh*t from shinola. The cop was the adult and he was ready to shoot children but you make excuses for him while not condoning his behavior....kind of oxymoronic don't you think?

Last edited:
Okay, here is a personal experience I had when I was a professional musician and our group was on the road. This hotel we checked into had a pool and we were in town for a few days so we (the guys in the group) bought some swimming trunks and went to enjoy the pool. There were white folk (mainly women) in the pool. Once we arrived and entered the pool the whites began to get out and someone went to the hotel manager about us being in the pool. We never said one word to anyone in the pool. We were horsing around with each other. The manager comes out and asks us if we were guests of the hotel. I went ballistic and read him the riot act. His first response was he was not prejudiced and he called on a black maid at the hotel to confirm his "character" which pissed me off even more. He never asked whether any of the white people in the pool were hotel guests.

Kids will be kids and I would think something was wrong with them if they were singing Kum Bah Yah. End of school pool party...yeah they were probably loud and raucous but that is who CHILDREN are...it is what they do.

I agree. Work with them every single day, and understand their mentality. I will say that LOTS of officers don't understand this generation of youth or how to deal effectively with them. That said, this generation of youth believes that they can say and do anything to anyone without repercussion. There is a balance there, a fine line if you will. As a crude example, you can walk into your boss' office and call him a batch, MF'er, and anything else you can think of. It's your right. But that doesn't mean that your "free speech" entitles you to keep your job afterward. (I know, not the best example, but you kinda see what I'm saying)

That said, as police officers, BY LAW we can not be offended by speech alone, and it appears that speech is what precipitated this officer's over the top reaction. He escalated a situation that appeared to have calmed by the time he got there. He definitely has some issues.

When have kids even known when to leave well enough alone? They are CHILDREN....wet behind the ears...pablum on their breath...don't know sh*t from shinola. The cop was the adult and he was ready to shoot children but you make excuses for him while not condoning his behavior....kind of oxymoronic don't you think?

Nope. I said earlier that I don't think pulling the gun was the right move in that situation. I also don't think the two males who rushed up on the officer made the right move either (although I completely understand and applaud their motivation behind it). I'm just saying that in ANY situation, when you run up on an officer the way they did while he is dealing with detaining and/or arresting another person, that's an instinctive reaction. Again, that situation should have never presented itself, and it was the officer's fault that it did. No excuses, just facts.

I agree. Work with them every single day, and understand their mentality. I will say that LOTS of officers don't understand this generation of youth or how to deal effectively with them. That said, this generation of youth believes that they can say and do anything to anyone without repercussion. There is a balance there, a fine line if you will. As a crude example, you can walk into your boss' office and call him a batch, MF'er, and anything else you can think of. It's your right. But that doesn't mean that your "free speech" entitles you to keep your job afterward. (I know, not the best example, but you kinda see what I'm saying)

That said, as police officers, BY LAW we can not be offended by speech alone, and it appears that speech is what precipitated this officer's over the top reaction. He escalated a situation that appeared to have calmed by the time he got there. He definitely has some issues.

Walking in and cursing your boss SHOULD get you fired but it should NOT get you body slammed.

Nope. I said earlier that I don't think pulling the gun was the right move in that situation. I also don't think the two males who rushed up on the officer made the right move either (although I completely understand and applaud their motivation behind it). I'm just saying that in ANY situation, when you run up on an officer the way they did while he is dealing with detaining and/or arresting another person, that's an instinctive reaction. Again, that situation should have never presented itself, and it was the officer's fault that it did. No excuses, just facts.

I know a lot people are questioning the officer pulling his gun on those kids, but it wasn't smart -- although understandable given how they thought their friend was being mistreated -- for them to run up on him like that. Thank God he didn't shoot. Thank God, man. The entire situation could have been handled better by everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back