Texas A&M student paper blasted for printing cartoon called racist

blacks are spoon fed at these schools, which can be a bad thing when they leave.

If you went to a white HS followed by a big white college, your going to miss out on real life, something an HBCU can offer.

Going to A&M, what do you know about long registration lines, ignorant financial aid offices, folks on 2 hour lunchbreaks, unequipped classrooms, etc?

Originally posted by The Panther Fan

Going to A&M, what do you know about long registration lines, ignorant financial aid offices, folks on 2 hour lunchbreaks, unequipped classrooms, etc?

boy, Shet the hell up.......ROTF

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

I will appreciate a HBCU. Where else can you be yourself 24/7? At A&M, folks are trying to impress one another so you already know backstabbing occurs

OHHHHH? HOW COULD I FORGET? BACKSTABBING AND DRAMA DON?T OCCUR AT HBCUs? :rolleyes:

As for personal experience. I don't know a lot about you but I assume your not a graduate from a inner-city school who lived the hard life and is easily stereotyped. Try being one of them at A&M. Lets see if the Chinese club will let you hang with them.

Well? coming from experience (from my former job where I worked specifically with college career centers and also had ties to the recruiting office at A&M) I can tell you that the majority of Blacks at A&M ARE from the inner-city. Why? Because that is where they concentrate on their heaviest recruiting. I spoke to recruiting officers about this on numerous occasions because I was very curious about why they didn?t spend a lot of time at my high school. They basically said that it?s all about numbers. They can talk to a lot more Black students at one visit to Yates than in four visits to Lamar. They only get so much money to travel and they have to use it wisely? so? they totally concentrate on minority areas. Therefore, the majority of Black at A&M were/are from the inner-cities.

Along with its size, a Black student will have to make very good use of their survival skills. A place like this can be like a survival of the fittest for a brother or sister, which I do not necessarily think is always a good thing. Black students, actually any student, need to know the people who can help a person graduate. This is not the easiest thing to do.

I totally agree with you EB. You have to make your connections and you have to work your network. You especially have to understand that your network will not be a totally Black one. Most schools have a lot of opportunities and free information for soon-to-be graduates and post grads, however, I know of many schools that have to BEG students to use their resources. Yes, a great network should be available to you, but you are responsible for using it. I am having this battle with my sister right now? she is not using her network.

Again this happens at a lot of PWCs across the nation. During the South Africa protests during the 80s, there were a lot of incidents at some Ivy League schools. So it is not just at Texas A&M. But this is a case where Texas A&M got caught up in the news. It is the response to the cartoon from the school and paper that I will be paying attention.

Again, I agree. We are only talking about A&M because A&M was in the news. Stuff like this happens at PWCs all of the time. Again, if you are a minority and you choose to attend a university of this nature, you need to be aware of what types of things you will experience during your time there. If you aren?t willing to walk through some fire to get your degree, then don?t. PWCs are not for everyone. HBCUs are not for everyone. It?s not about one being better than an other, it?s about what is best for you as an individual and what will help you to grow and develop into an independent, resourceful, mature adult.

Blacks are spoon fed at these schools, which can be a bad thing when they leave.

You know what Panther Fan? you are so right!!!!! My degree was handed to me on a silver platter. I never studied? never went to class. I didn?t have to really do anything? I just enrolled, and a few years later, A&M gave me a degree to hang on my wall. Yes? I was spoon-fed? and I basically run my life on my high school education. But wait? my high school spoon fed me too? so that means I am using my middle school education.

KNEEGROW GET REAL!!!!!!!! :redhot:

Tell me how I am missing out on ?real life???? I really need to know so that I can make some personal changes in my life. Here is what I REALLY think? unless you plan on working for a Black owned, Black operated, and Black employed company for your entire life? and you came from a Black neighborhood, and went to a Black school? maybe YOU are not prepared for ?real life?. Real life includes WHITE PEOPLE (not to mention other races) and you need to know how to deal with, work with, and live with them to function in this country. You need to be ready to deal with mentalities from ALL walks of life? not just with people that look like you. But according to your philosophy a PWC can?t prepare you for that.

And about the registration drama, ignorant financial aid offices, unequipped classrooms, etc? please? if you stayed at a school that was not providing the VERY BEST educational experience that your money was paying for then that is your fault. And this is NOT a HBCU thing. There are many HBCUs (some public, some private, some big, some small) that are living in the year 2002 and do everything in their power to make their university a world-class institution for their students. There are others that are still living in the stone ages. Don?t get mad at a PWC or any other HBCU because you were not getting your moneys worth? you choose to stay there? so don?t complain and then blame the school up the road where everyone was ?spoon feed?. If you were unhappy then you should have transferred?. So stop with the sour grapes routine. But now? you are alumni of your university? and you have the strongest voice the school has. What are you doing to resolve your laundry list of issues and bring your school up to 2002 university standards? Or are you just complaining and blaming PWCs??? Please. :rolleyes:

Duh, I know some schools are in 2002, I've never said which ones and I never said I experienced that for all 4 years I enjoyed myself.

PV is up to code. they just dropped 60 million worth of computer equipment on us this week and we're improving by the day. We're actually on top of some things. I had NO problem over there. (wait, I did. they had to manually type my #SS number in all the time because my card did not scan all the time :rolleyes:)

Of course, the majority of blacks are from the inner-city at A&M. That's where the best football and basketball talent comes from. You'll get 1 or 2 valedictorians from there also because it's "cool" to try a few years out at A&M. I mean, if your #1 in your class, why go to PV? :rolleyes:

I guarantee A&M is recruiting the 2.3 student with 832 SAT unless he knows how to throw the ball 50 yards, runs a 4.3 or jump out the gym.

You know what Panther Fan? you are so right!!!!! My degree was handed to me on a silver platter. I never studied? never went to class. I didn?t have to really do anything? I just enrolled, and a few years later, A&M gave me a degree to hang on my wall.

you played ball too? Does McDonald's All-American Jerald Brown have a degree? His career sucked at A&M but I hoped he earned a degree in mechanical engineering since his court time was limited.

DTOWN Jag

what I said was the tip of the iceberg. You know the computers at a HBCU registration go down every 5 minutes because of system overload.

TPF, I thought that only happened at JSU. Didnt know that you all were faced with the same computer virus that causes the computers to crash (being unplugged from the socket). :rolleyes:

Damn, it must be a SWAC thing. At SU, we figured that when they said that the "computers were down" it meant they were going on an extended lunch break.The irony in all of this is that White schools don't have it any better. They may have had the technology first, but there were kids over at LSU that couldn't get the right classes because 20,000 students were all trying to call in or register online at the same time. It used to piss me off when students at SU thought the grass was greener on the other side. A lot of these predominantly-white colleges have their own problems.

Bilbrew, no matter where you at; no matter where you go....someone is goin to have some sort of problems that is bigger than yours to them.

Man don't I know it about those lines...TSU was bad... I used to have to get up at 6am or 7am to get in line when registration starts at 9am.:goof: but not leaving until 5pm and still dont get all your classes.:bawling: man those were the days....

I've atttended both and PWC and HBCU and I liked to HBCU better by far. I felt a more nurturing environment.

unless you got something to offer a PWC, your just another number to them.

in Friday's Chronicle

A&M and UT is raising fees again. The rich get richer.

The editor knew that printed the cartoon so that his paper would get national attention. I say that the person should be rewarded for their use of the race card.

FIRE HIM/HER.

My unsolicited opinion

The son could be a fat and overindulged, his mama could be dripping in diamonds, with a cell phone to her ear, a martini glass in one hand, and a mirror full of lines in the other, with Chanel Couture covering her too wide hips and too flat ass, and the CONTEXT of that joke would have STILL been in terribly poor taste.

aggie.jpg

Texas A&M students listen to speakers during a demonstration held in protest of a racist cartoon published in the school newspaper, The Batallion, earlier this month.
Hours after Monday's edition of the Battalion was distributed with a published apology, a planned demonstration against the paper turned into a rally calling for greater tolerance toward minorities at the predominantly white university.

A&M paper issues an apology
More tolerance for minorities called for at rally
By RON NISSIMOV
Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle

The Texas A&M University student newspaper reversed its position on Monday and apologized for publishing a cartoon earlier this month described as "blatantly racist" by a group of black students.

Bryan-College Station Eagle

A few hundred students gathered to walk with picket signs and hear speakers at the midday rally. The speakers included A&M President Ray Bowen, football coach R.C. Slocum and basketball coach Melvin Watkins. Although most speakers praised the diversity of the crowd, most of the students who attended were black.

Bowen told students he was "very proud of you for teaching us old guys a lesson about the way to fight prejudice."

He commended A&M's African-American Student Coalition for publicly demanding an apology from the Battalion for a Jan. 14 editorial cartoon that showed a black mother and son with exaggerated lips and eyes, as well as other features frequently found in racist caricatures.

"You came here to get a good education; you didn't come to here to put up with that kind of nonsense," the president said. "I'm with you 100 percent."

He acknowledged the predominantly white campus is "not a perfect place" in terms of race relations, but said, "we're trying to get better."

Bowen published a letter in the Battalion criticizing the cartoon. On Monday, he thanked the paper for apologizing, saying, "It's OK to make mistakes; the real question is how you address them."

Mariano Castillo, a Houston senior and the Battalion's editor in chief, signed the apology. He made the decision to run the cartoon the first week he became editor.

He had previously refused to apologize, saying it was not offensive and was meant to criticize lax standards in the hiring of airport security guards.

"The Battalion hopes to dispel the misconceptions and accusations of being racist, and we are open to the reminder that racism is still a problem at A&M," said the apology, which was addressed, "To our readers."

"We recognize that the cartoon was insensitive through its stereotypes," the apology continued. "If we had it to do over again, we would not approve this cartoon for publication."

Castillo said Monday night that he sees the insensity of the cartoon and that the Battalion and its staff are not racist.

Bereket Bisrat, a Houston sophomore who is spokesman for the campus African-American Student Coalition, said he was convinced the "intense media scrutiny on the Battalion" persuaded the editor.

protest.jpg

R.C. Slocum, A&M's head football coach, addresses protesting students on the campus in College Station on Monday. Editors of the student newspaper reversed an earlier decision and apologized for a racist cartoon that offended black students.
The cartoon was by A&M senior Chad Mallam, a senior from Dallas who uses the pen name "The Uncartoonist." He has also drawn cartoons that have offended Jewish, Catholic and Muslim students on campus. Students from campus Jewish and Muslim organizations spoke at Monday's rally, as well as representatives from black student organizations and student government.

Mallam could not be reached for comment Monday. He published an apology in the Battalion signed as "The Uncartoonist" for a cartoon that offended Jews, but has not apologized for any other cartoons. Brette Peyton, president of the campus Hillel organization for Jewish students, said his apology was disingenuous.

Several speakers said the apology should only be a beginning in the quest to improve race relations on campus. Many blacks say they do not feel welcome at A&M because of a relatively low minority population and traditions that stem from its past as an all-white, all-male military academy.

Eighty percent of A&M's 44,000 students are white; 3 percent are black.

"We still need diversity training and have fires of hatred that need to be quenched," said Maco Faniel, a senior from Houston who is a member of several campus black student organizations. "My question to you as the faculty, administration and students is, `Will you be an inhibitor to change or a catalyst?' "

Most speakers, including Slocum and vice president for student affairs J. Malon Southerland, said the traditional campus greeting "Howdy" before speaking, and hundreds of students answered in kind.

Professors Paul and Linda Parrish, who are married and have both been teaching at A&M since 1973, said they don't remember such an energetic demonstration on campus on racial issues.

why pay increased fees to experience discomfort? 3% black, you'll never have a majority

You know why RC was there, with his black recruits and team lined up, he would be in danger of losing them

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ditto.

why pay increased fees to experience discomfort? 3% black, you'll never have a majority

You know why RC was there, with his black recruits and team lined up, he would be in danger of losing them

Shameful. RC HAD to come out and join the opposition, I mean, the young blacks on that campus. His recruits and current players (of whom over 60% are black boys) were in jeapordy. Shameful.

I don't suppose there's a chance in hell that RC was there because he thought what happened was WRONG?

he might but his appearence was a great PR ploy. Since his position deals with the majority of blacks on campus anyway he better come out.

An encounter I had with Professors from Texas A&M. I will try to make this short and to the point.

The Army commission Texas A&M to do a study on the education level of blacks in the Army. Part of the study sampled young blacks before entering the Army. This report was presented to the Education Officers serving in Germany in the 80s. The report showed blacks in a very negative manner. I have always believed that if you teach something I can learn it so I questioned the study based on my beliefs and education. I asked questions like where did you find the blacks that you are referring to in your study? I asked how did you select them? I learned from them that they went to the streets in Chicago and paid each person $50.00 who took tests or filled out their surveys. Mind you they did not go to places where they could get a good sample. I told them what I thought about what they had done and the Army should be ashame for allowing them to present such crap to commanders about the level of education of black soldiers. Well after the meeting they came over and said we don't give a dam about your opinion or what you think we made some money off this study.

Then I said, you may have, but this is one black man that understand the system. I said that I will take what you have presented and be inspired to work harder to expose your kind.

There is a lot more to this story and the rationale for the study.

Based on this thread, I am only making a comment about my experience.

My $.73 worth...

People have a humanistic need to be around what is like them? their own kind...
...Is the main reason I attended a HBCU among the reasons of the history of my family members attending HBCUs and by my "white" counselor at my PWHS telling me that I would receive a lesser grade of education if I attended JSU. WTF??? If only I knew then what I know now, she would be holding a sign reading "Will work for food."

In reading the posts, I don't have to be a part of something to make that change. I don't care for the KKK, but do I have to attend their meeting to try to prevent them from marching down my street? I don't like the fact that drugs are being pushed in neighborhoods, should I move to that neighborhood until I stop the pusher and move on to the next? I don't like the fact that my sistas and sisters :rolleyes: think they have to sell their bodies just to "survive", do I have go tricking to understand and solve the problem? No, I don't think so. Did someone speak of letters, email? I am that postal squeaky wheel. I agree that if we are offended or our civil justice is infringed upon, then yes, we should fight and fight wisely. Complaining to each other gets us nowhere if there isn't any action. In reading the cartoon and article, I don't see any "behind the scenes-I don't know the entire situation" work. If he wanted to get the point across that poor education will get you a poor job, then why did he have to exaggerate the features of the African American characters? This is 2002 and whether or not a person has experience racism up close or from afar, I don't know of any adult that don't know that it exist, whether they admit it or not.

Sorry, I can't help but to think that if this was anti-semetic or any offense to another "esteem" race then they would have been searching for another editor.

Originally posted by Vinita
I don't suppose there's a chance in hell that RC was there because he thought what happened was WRONG?

Texas A&M dogged by racist image
Some black students question motives in effort for tolerance
By RON NISSIMOV
Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle

COLLEGE STATION -- At a recent rally described as the largest demonstration over race relations in the 125-year history of Texas A&M University, some students were skeptical about the administration's show of solidarity.

Three of the school's most recognized leaders, President Ray Bowen, football coach R.C. Slocum and men's basketball coach Melvin Watkins, spoke to several hundred students about the need for more racial tolerance on campus.

"The only reason Slocum spoke is because he didn't want the African-American Student Coalition messing with his recruits," said Samecia Bloomfield, a black senior from Forestville, Md. "It all comes down to money. This university will not give a poppycock about the racial climate on campus until it starts hurting their pocketbooks."

Her doubts about the motivations of the coaches illustrate the difficult task A&M faces in overcoming its image as being inhospitable to minorities.

While other observers shared those doubts, Bloomfield knew something that most students at the rally did not.

Four days before the Jan. 28 demonstration, a group of black student leaders met in private and proposed writing black high school football recruits about the perceived racial hostilities at A&M if the athletic department did not take a public stand on a brewing controversy.

On Jan. 14, the student newspaper, the Battalion, published an editorial cartoon that was perceived by many as racist. Bowen publicly denounced it a few days later and asked the newspaper to apologize. Slocum and Watkins had not spoken out about the cartoon, even though most of their star athletes are black.

The proposal to write the recruits was discussed about two weeks before national signing day, when sought-after high school athletes decide where to play college football.

"We thought it would be unconscionable to allow the athletes to come here without knowing what the racial climate would be like," said Bereket Bisrat, a Houston sophomore who is the spokesman for A&M's African-American Student Coalition.

On Jan. 25, Slocum got wind of the proposal and called Bisrat.

Bisrat, who said he disagreed with the proposal because he thought it would be divisive, said it was the first thing Slocum brought up.

"He said it would be devastating for athletic recruiting and would set the university back for years," Bisrat recalled in a recent interview. "He said, `Don't do that; let's work together to speak out.' "

About an hour later, Bisrat said, he received a call from Watkins. "He didn't sound informed about the cartoon," Bisrat said. "He was asking what was in the cartoon and when did it run. He was even shocked to discover the newspaper hadn't apologized."

The coaches agreed to speak at the rally, and the letters were never written. The editor of the Battalion apologized hours before the planned demonstration, which was turned into a rally for racial tolerance.

"Red, yellow, black or brown, Jesus loves everybody," Slocum said at the rally, pointing out that he has filled the last three openings for assistant coaches with blacks and has four black assistant coaches.

Watkins, the first black head coach in A&M's history, said racial intolerance "will not have a place on campus."

Bisrat said he believed the coaches would have eventually spoken out because they were outraged. But he added, "Once it threatened recruiting, I can't conceive of them not saying anything after that."

Slocum and Watkins last week said the proposed letter played no role in their decisions to speak out. They said A&M's perceived racial climate has never affected their recruiting.

"As one of the most visible leaders on campus, I felt like it would have been cowardice on my part not to take a public stand," Slocum said.

Watkins said he heard about the proposal to contact recruits only after he talked to black student leaders about the rally. He said he did not know much about the cartoon controversy until shortly before the rally because he was busy with basketball season.

Bloomfield called the choice of speakers hypocritical.

"They want blacks to come here and run and throw and pitch and bring national recognition, but they don't necessarily want to see you on campus," she said.

Bloomfield said she has experienced racial hostilities on campus firsthand.

She organized a weeklong series of events to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday this year. Last month, she sent a university-approved e-mail to tens of thousands of students asking them to participate. Although she was heartened that hundreds of students of various ethnic groups participated, she was shocked to receive 10 hostile responses.

One response was clearly racially offensive. Another read, "Frankly, I don't care about MLK. He was a great guy and all that, but even if he hadn't given all those nice speeches racism would have died off anyway, and he certainly doesn't merit a Federal holiday or all this apotheosizing."

Bloomfield spent four years in A&M's Corps of Cadets military training program, which she said has pockets of racism. She said that as an upperclassman, she had to stop some white Corps members from slipping a racially offensive note under the door of a black member saying, "Get out."

Although black students interviewed for this story said there were some racial tensions, most said the problems at A&M are not fundamentally different from those at other universities. All the students praised the Bowen administration for trying to address the issue.

"Because of our history, we get our dirty laundry aired a lot more," said Shannon Davis, a black senior from Houston. "Pointing out problems at A&M is easier than looking internally to solve racial problems everywhere else."

Bisrat said A&M could probably be equated to other Southern universities in terms of racial tensions but that it would be "absolutely preposterous" to say A&M doesn't face more racial problems than East and West Coast universities or the University of Texas.

Observers say a conflation of factors has led to A&M's image. These include a high percentage of conservative, white students and a low percentage of minority students, as well as traditions stemming from its history as an all-male, overwhelmingly white institution that provided technical and military training for rural youths.

This year, 82 percent of the 44,000 students at A&M are white, 10 percent are Hispanic, 3 percent black and 3 percent Asian-American.

Other universities in the South have ethnic enrollment figures comparable to A&M's. UT's enrollment this year is 61 percent white, 13 percent Hispanic, 3 percent black and 20 percent Asian-American.

A study completed in December by A&M's Race and Ethnic Studies Institute revealed that 97 percent of white students have a positive image of the school, while 65 percent of minorities have a negative view. A 1997 study completed by University of Michigan researchers commissioned by A&M showed that 53 percent of white students felt A&M was not racist, but only 18 percent of blacks felt the same way. Forty percent of Hispanics and 36 percent of Asian-Americans said the university was not racist.

The December study concluded that minorities become increasingly alienated the longer they stay at the school, describing the typical four-year experience for minorities as, "Freshmen: Frustrated with a lack of diversity. Culture shock. Sophomore: Decision to stay or leave. Junior: Learn coping mechanisms. Form cliques. Seniors: Eager to leave. In general, not a good spokesperson for Texas A&M University."

Like at A&M, Confederate flags dot the landscape at many Southern institutions, a frequent source of irritation for blacks.

The Corps of Cadets a few years ago banned the display of Confederate flags at Corps facilities. A student sued, but the lawsuit was withdrawn before it went to trial, said A&M spokesman Lane Stephenson.

One thing that sets A&M apart, even from the Southern schools, is a variety of revered, high-profile traditions. The traditions, which included the Bonfire before it was canceled after a 1999 accident that killed 12, were developed while A&M required all students to undergo military training and before it admitted blacks and women in the 1960s.

The fervor that many white students and alumni still have about the school's traditions tends to exacerbate the feeling of isolation among minorities at A&M, said the students interviewed for this story. The students said minorities rarely participate in the traditions, which are regularly attended by thousands of white students.

"Before Bonfire fell, my black friends used to tell me, `You better watch yourself going out in the dark with white guys with ropes,' " Bloomfield said.

She said she enjoys Aggie traditions but that she could count "on one hand the number of blacks who participated in Bonfire." Before Bowen recently decided not to hold Bonfire next fall, the university proposed making the tradition friendlier for black students.

Christine Randolph, a senior from Austin, said she went to "Fish Camp" as a freshman because she wanted to learn about Aggie traditions. (In Aggie lexicon, fish are freshmen students.)

"It was so boring," she said. "It's not geared for people of other cultures. It didn't pique my interest."

Randolph said she was one of "two or three" blacks out of 700 students who attended her camp.

The university has actively attempted to attract more minorities since the early 1980s, when Texas entered into an agreement with the federal government to try to end segregation in higher education. That decade, A&M established a Multicultural Services Center to help educate students on minority issues and significantly increased minority enrollment by offering race-based admissions preferences and scholarships.

University officials say the 1996 Hopwood decision banning racial preferences in admissions and scholarships has made the task of attracting students more difficult. But even in 1996, the last year before Hopwood went into effect, enrollment was 80 percent white, 11 percent Hispanic, 4 percent black and 3 percent Asian-American.

In the wake of Hopwood, the university has significantly expanded its outreach programs to predominantly minority high schools, increased the percentage of minority faculty and, despite resistance from alumni, implemented multicultural educational programs in 2000.

The A&M System Board of Regents has proposed automatically admitting seniors graduating in the top 20 percent of their classes from 250 Texas high schools with predominantly minority enrollments. Only the top 10 percent would be admitted from other schools. Regents are waiting on Texas Attorney General John Cornyn to rule on the constitutionality of the proposal.

Finney Coleman, one of three African-American studies professors hired as a group two years ago, said A&M is the largest university in the country without an African-American studies degree program. He said A&M could create a new type of African-American studies "free of the political baggage" often associated with such programs at other universities.

Last year, Coleman said, he received hostile e-mails for starting a popular class on hip-hop culture.

He said he and a fellow black instructor were harassed while driving in the College Station area a couple of years ago by young white men who had "A&M stickers and Confederate flags on their car." The men were loudly playing a song with racial epithets and saying to the black teachers, "You got a problem?"

"I love the spirit of this place, but I wish I could be in love with the spirit of this place," Coleman said. "I can't do that just yet."

But some white students say the increased focus on race is eroding the sense of unity that makes A&M unique among the nation's large universities. They see A&M as a haven from the political correctness they believe dominates most U.S. colleges. They argue that the administration is helping to fracture the campus along ethnic lines like at other universities by caving in to the demands of minorities.

"Since the Bonfire fell and the push for diversity started, this campus has become much more divided," said James Drew, a white senior from Round Rock who last year founded the Southern Heritage Society student organization to defend Southern culture and such symbols as the Confederate flag.

The organization was founded after a Texas transportation office near A&M removed a prominently displayed painting of former Chancellor Gilbert "Gibb" Gilchrist because of complaints from some students and faculty members. The portrait had a small, embedded portrait of Gilchrist's hero, Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. A new portrait of Gilchrist was put up in the foyer, and the controversial portrait was displayed in a less prominent location.

Drew said he went through "every professor in the history and political science departments" before finally finding a mathematics professor willing to sponsor his organization so the university could sanction it. "I think we're seeing the reverse effect of what they (minorities) claim they want," Drew said. "This campus was extremely united, but now tensions are dividing us up."

Bloomfield scoffed at the claim.

"They want black people to be happy, and they want us to stop making it a black-and-white issue," she said. "It's not us who's doing it."

again, would I want my kid there? If he bounces or throws the ball well he or she is not going there.

if that article does not back the reason A&M folks spend time at PV, then I give up.

If it was not for the Greek Olympiad Stepshow and those numerous leadership conferences, a large amount of blacks would never see the campus of A&M.

Back