Tentative FA&MU 2004 Football Schedule

Decaturg,

Out of courtesy wouldn't it be good of FAMU to tell these folks they going to stay at IAA? Some of these schools thought they were playing you to help out in the IA move. Also, most of these schools will be penalized if they play a IAA program. How do you think FAMU will resolve this?

Originally posted by ksmith
Out of courtesy wouldn't it be good of FAMU to tell these folks they going to stay at IAA?
not to mention the guys they're currently recruiting. With signing day Wednesday, some of these guys are about to be duped. No doubt, they've used the "1A thing" in their recruiting efforts.

Either way this ball bounces, FAM is in a mess.
:(

KSmith,

Decaturg,

Out of courtesy wouldn't it be good of FAMU to tell these folks they going to stay at IAA? Some of these schools thought they were playing you to help out in the IA move. Also, most of these schools will be penalized if they play a IAA program. How do you think FAMU will resolve this?

Do not forget. Even if Florida A & M University decides to inform the NCAA that they are moving back down to the NCAA Division I AA level. They will still remain as a NCAA Division I A provisional program for the 2004-2005 calendar year. So, they will not hurt their NCAA Division I A opponents. This is will only come into play on the issue of return visits depending on the contractual agreements.

They will still have to follow the NCAA guidelines that will require them to follow a two year probationary period as they now would transition back down to the NCAA Division I AA level. During those two years they would be a NCAA Division I AA provisional program. Further more, in my opinion, they would not be eligible for the NCAA Division I AA playoffs under the current NCAA bylaws.

No matter, what decision they make now, as a football program for the next three years, in my opinion. They will be in purgatory for lack of appropriate term. They will be in a holding pattern.

I do not think people reconize that the NCAA is not set-up in away that would just allow programs to move from level to level at a given notice and return to a level at a given notice without having to deal with the recourses.

It's on it Tallahassee. The situation is real fluid over here. The President has garnered enought support on the FAMU BOT to halt the move up. The next meeting of the BOT will be televised and the Chairman of the Board is expected to show out. There is a big meeting this morning and public announcements are expected.

What a time for the MEAC FAN Page to act up!

Wow!!!

This is big....very big! It's the right thing to do in the long run. I like the way the President is finally leading. I read Corbin's comments in the TDO this morning. Sounds like the alumni really has him backed into a corner.

Take your school back alumni!!!

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
As posted on the MEACFANS and ONNIDAN Bulletin Boards

Below is probably what our schedule will be for next year. Keep in mind it is not law yet, but I wanted to give you an idea of the games we will play next year.

Sept 4th- Illinois (Champagne IL)
Sept 11- Okalahoma (Norman OK)
Sept 18- Southern Methodist Univ (Tallahassee)
Sept 25- Tennessee St (Atlanta)
Oct 2- Arkansas St (Tallahassee)
Oct 9th- Virgina Tech (Blacksburg VA)
Oct 16th- Tulane (Moblie AL)
Oct 23rd or 30th- Troy State (Tallahassee)
Nov 6th- Toledo (Tallahassee)
Nov 20th (Bethune Cookman) Orlando
Dec 4th Florida International University (Miami

They still playing Troy state??!! :confused: GOOD STUFF!! :cool:

PLEASE hang in there with Div I-A FAMU,, it will be worth it.

Re: Re: Tentative FA&MU 2004 Football Schedule

Originally posted by Bartram
They still playing Troy state??!! :confused: GOOD STUFF!! :cool:

PLEASE hang in there with Div I-A FAMU,, it will be worth it.

What exactly is 8-10 arse-whippings a year worth?

Give ULM's AD a call, perhaps he can tell you.

I'm surprised nobody on this board has brought up their recent end run around the attendance rules.....

FAMU's Tentative Football Schedule

Dates are not confirmed. Contracts are not approved for 2 teams.
Teams are not in order.

Oklahoma - Away (Have a signed contract but OU looking into other options)
Illinois - Away
Va Tech - Away
Tulane - Away (New Orleans)
Tenn State - Away (Atlanta)
Bethune Cookman - Away (Orlando)
Florida International - Away
Florida Atlantic - Home
Va. Union - Home
Nicholls State - Home
NC Central - Home

Re: FAMU's Tentative Football Schedule

Originally posted by 5thGear
Dates are not confirmed. Contracts are not approved for 2 teams.
Teams are not in order.

Oklahoma - Away (Have a signed contract but OU looking into other options)
Illinois - Away
Va Tech - Away
Tulane - Away (New Orleans)
Tenn State - Away (Atlanta)
Bethune Cookman - Away (Orlando)
Florida International - Away
Florida Atlantic - Home
Va. Union - Home
Nicholls State - Home
NC Central - Home

Y'all better hang on tight to that FAU game. I-As (even 1st year ones) aren't in the habit of travelling to I-AAs.

Re: Re: FAMU's Tentative Football Schedule

Originally posted by PNeck019
Y'all better hang on tight to that FAU game. I-As (even 1st year ones) aren't in the habit of travelling to I-AAs.

I know that Oklahoma has signed the University of Houston to replace FAMU on the 9/11 date.

Originally posted by DAHILL
FAMU barely won 5 Meac games how in the hell do you see them winning 5 of these games... Troy State is going to kill FAMU. Did yall see what they did to Kansas State this year.

Dahill we don't agree upon much but I got to be with you on this one. I don't know what everybody's looking at, maybe just wishing for the best after the debacle famu pull.

But this is a train wreck about to happen and the only question is how many fatalities wil they have.

Re: Re: Re: FAMU's Tentative Football Schedule

Originally posted by Fiyah
I know that Oklahoma has signed the University of Houston to replace FAMU on the 9/11 date.

and Houston has dumped LSU to take the OU game.....quite unfortunate, sorry to see it.....lol

Re: Re: Re: Re: FAMU's Tentative Football Schedule

and Houston has dumped LSU to take the OU game.....quite unfortunate, sorry to see it.....lol
OU payed Houston more money for the whopping they are going to take.

Re: Re: Re: Re: FAMU's Tentative Football Schedule

Yes, they claim that they are trying to schedule more Big12 teams to play. We all know they got paid some good money for them to dump LSU to play OU.

Back