Tailgate For The Labor Day Classic

TIger Recruiter I

WHATS UP WITH A TAILGATE AT RELIANT STADIUM FOR THE GAME ? I KNOW YALL HAVE SOMETHING PLANNED ? IF NOT LETS GET THE PIT FIRED UP .:redhot: :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You know I'm down..........

I sent JonHandy a PM about this earlier this evening.

I'm sure East Tex Tiger is down too (that's if he hasn't blown the school up by then).

Hell, looks who's talking. :lol:

I am down for the tailgate, perhap my spirit will rejuvenate. At least I will be around some people who really care about their Universities.

we will be putting a list together for who want to come and bring anything
P.S. B.Y.O B

TSUTigernupe, bruh, why you all :mad: all the time mane? :confused: Ease up my brotha'. Ease up...

I'm down like 4 flat tires. Just as long as EastTxTiger brings that hella' pit, I'm cool w/ it.

I'll try not to be late this year. :rolleyes:

Also, there are going to be 2 events this year. The football game and a <b>fight</b>. TSU <b>might</b> win the football game, but I'mma win the fight! I've never witnessed a PV victory over TSU (football). :shame: Lawd.... :smh: *sigh - clutching chest*

Forgot to ask earlier. Any promo for the game going on? Radio? TV? Print ads (sorry azz chronicle, etc..)? This is about the right time to get it started huh?

I have actually heard the UH coach talk about the game over 610 AM. But of course it was mainly an add for the Rice-UH game. Yes, it is pass time to get the ads started.

The only promo's I've heard

Is on KCOH on Ralph Cooper's Sports Wrap show. He has had TSU's AD (Blackwell) on the show once a week for about the last 4 weeks trying to talk the game up.

Ralph Cooper has been talking the game up for months now but it's sad that he had to call Blackwell out to get him on his show to promote the game. I mean on the air for weeks he was calling Blackwell sorry and said he didn't have an idea what he was doing. He blasted the guy until finally someone got Blackwell to come on the show.

Blackwell says that his idea for promoting the tigers is he's going to all of the local barbershops and beauty salons and posting TSU info there. You'd think he could do a little better.

What are the people from PV doing to promote the game. Seems like they are the ones that should really be putting it out there, especially since they have a new coach and scholarships.

Originally posted by LaCumba
What are the people from PV doing to promote the game. Seems like they are the ones that should really be putting it out there, especially since they have a new coach and scholarships.

The home team is responsible for the promotions of the game, we did it last year.

Originally posted by Fiyah
The home team is responsible for the promotions of the game, we did it last year.

Fiyah, both schools should do it EVERY year. This city consists of both TSU and PV grads and students. Make it a joint effort and I am almost certain of positive results. Look at how the Bayou Classic is promoted. Both schools promote this game.

Re: The only promo's I've heard

Originally posted by JSU_Alum
Is on KCOH on Ralph Cooper's Sports Wrap show. He has had TSU's AD (Blackwell) on the show once a week for about the last 4 weeks trying to talk the game up.

Ralph Cooper has been talking the game up for months now but it's sad that he had to call Blackwell out to get him on his show to promote the game. I mean on the air for weeks he was calling Blackwell sorry and said he didn't have an idea what he was doing. He blasted the guy until finally someone got Blackwell to come on the show.

Blackwell says that his idea for promoting the tigers is he's going to all of the local barbershops and beauty salons and posting TSU info there. You'd think he could do a little better.

I have not been able to listen to Ralph lately. But please tell me that Blackwell did not say that about the barbershops. It cannot be true. He can't be that inept.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LaCumba,

Fiyah, both schools should do it EVERY year. This city consists of both TSU and PV grads and students. Make it a joint effort and I am almost certain of positive results. Look at how the Bayou Classic is promoted. Both schools promote this game.

It is obvious that you are not familiar with the situations that has occurred between the two schools. At one time the schools jointly paid a promoter to help promote the game. A couple of years ago it was decided by Texas Southern University that not only would a promoter no-longer be contractually obligated to promote the game. But that the home team would now be responsible for promoting the game. There has been discussion between the two current administrations to go back to jointly promoting the game.

So, Fiyah is not neccessary stating what should be done as you have mentioned, but what is currently being done and required under the current contractual agreement between the two institutions.

hell, if one school will work harder than the other, what's the purpose?

have you seen the 2003 labor day classic poster?

Originally posted by Blu Panther
hell, if one school will work harder than the other, what's the purpose?

have you seen the 2003 labor day classic poster?

Is there actually one this year? And if so, where is it? :confused:

LaCumba,

I see, but i still think that a joint effort would be best.

I agree in principle. But you can not make someone join you in your efforts if they are not interesting in creatingf ajoint venture. Again for a joint venture, there must be TWO or more consenting parties.

Yes

Yes, there are Labor Day Classic posters advertising the games circulating throughout the city.... but you'll have to go to barber shops and beauty salons to see them. :bawling:

Re: Yes

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Yes, there are Labor Day Classic posters advertising the games circulating throughout the city.... but you'll have to go to barber shops and beauty salons to see them. :bawling:

<font size=6>
<strong>
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF????!!!!
</strong>
</font>

I just know y'all R BS'ing me! I know it! :mad: Who's SID @ TSU mane?! :mad:

Panthro,

I have totally had it with our AD (Alois Blackwell). Why don't you call him and get his philosophy for yourself on why he's hitting up all the barber and beauty shops. His number is (713) 313-7216.

SI what?

I got a poster....they shaded in a Jaguar with black color and called it a Panther. It only lists one place to get tickets at, and that's at TSU :rolleyes:

Does not have ticketmaster or reliant stadium box office.

does not say it is the 19th annual labor day classic, no sponsor logos

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Panthro,

I have totally had it with our AD (Alois Blackwell). Why don't you call him and get his philosophy for yourself on why he's hitting up all the barber and beauty shops. His number is (713) 313-7216.

You do know I'm damn well calling his offiec as SOON as I'm donw /w this damn post. :mad:

Back