SWAC Schools Let’s Take a United Stance Against the Gun Violence on Our Campuses

Who changed the name of the thread?

GSU was not the only campus with shootings this weekend. I guess creating a positive thread to change the narrative to get all of us together is too good.

My worst fear is with PV being in a similar situation in close proximity where outsiders ride towards the country to exact their brand of special negativity like the situation @ Gram; hence why I was elated to learn that ALL PV HC'ing activities were canceled. I hope the "rv crew" is canceled forever.

My condolences and sympathy to all who were hurt by the evildoer(s) and I sincerely hope he/she/they are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows unmercifully.

Only that tailgating was canceled

The c00ns don’t mind bringing their criminal behavior to institutions of higher learning. Security should search the vehicles of every person that doesn’t have a student ID. Also get better security cameras that show off every inch of the yard.

There is no way you can do this, it would be a line for days. Also, what makes you think these students don't carry firearms on campus.

Only that tailgating was canceled

There is no way you can do this, it would be a line for days. Also, what makes you think these students don't carry firearms on campus.
Hence why I said this----> "ALL PV HC'ing activities were canceled."

Those numnutts, that's all too many of them know for a PV HC'ing activity : (the "rv situation"/tailgating ridiculousness). Those people could care less about a football game and seriously have no other reason to be on campus that weekend because they certainly didn't purchase a game ticket or did I get that wrong from a few years ago whern there were only 11/12K at the stadium built for 15K?

When white folks kill each other, it's a gun problem, an NRA problem, or a mental illness problem. Their violence and racism is always excused or reduced to the individual behavior of someone who acted "out of character."

When violence is committed by black people against black people when we don't even know why ... it's black feminism, it's baby momma/baby daddy culture or rap music that's responsible. The entire black community, it seems, is criticized for the act of a singular or few people.

We have to examine how we talk about the violence that impacts black people. That rhetoric is nothing more than internalized self-hatred.

The talking is not the issue. It is not self hatred-its folks who are sick and tired of being held accountable for the actions of others. Others who somehow get constantly defended by the black community.

Mainly lead by black feminists who REFUSE to allow black women to be held accountable for what they contribute to this. While they constant black black men and everyone else.

How many times have the topic of black on black violence been SHOT down by certain black folks as fake news. Yet they will scream white folks sit and wait to attack us the moment we leave the house.

I know more black killed by other blacks than I know blacks killed by cops. 3 that I know personally. My cousin would be alive today if POOKIE didn't rob his house and ran to a cop for protection. Another one would be alive if he took school seriously and got into college-he would NOT have been in Sac-n-Save's parking lot trying to rob a cop. He would have been in college and his now 14 year old son would have his Daddy.

We can't have ANY conversations until we ACCEPT our flaws and what we contribute to this mess. EVERYBODY.

The talking is not the issue. It is not self hatred-its folks who are sick and tired of being held accountable for the actions of others. Others who somehow get constantly defended by the black community.

Mainly lead by black feminists who REFUSE to allow black women to be held accountable for what they contribute to this. While they constant black black men and everyone else.

How many times have the topic of black on black violence been SHOT down by certain black folks as fake news. Yet they will scream white folks sit and wait to attack us the moment we leave the house.

I know more black killed by other blacks than I know blacks killed by cops. 3 that I know personally. My cousin would be alive today if POOKIE didn't rob his house and ran to a cop for protection. Another one would be alive if he took school seriously and got into college-he would NOT have been in Sac-n-Save's parking lot trying to rob a cop. He would have been in college and his now 14 year old son would have his Daddy.

We can't have ANY conversations until we ACCEPT our flaws and what we contribute to this mess. EVERYBODY.
Jimmy Fallon Thank You GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I also wish we could just come together and buy up all the abandoned homes and land filled with low income housing surrounding our schools and flip it to make our universities more attractive and they increase the value around our schools so pookie and Ray Ray can’t afford to live near by. I always thought that one hotel that torn down right when you get off 20 to go to Grambling would be a perfect start to revitalize that area and run the hood vultures out. I visioned a new beautiful attraction like a better hotel or something when you ride down 20 would bring more attention and more potential investors to build in that area for them to make money and generate more tax revenue for Grambling to use to reinvest in further improvements to the area. I also want us to be able to sue a city if they want to build to shut down any idea to build section 8 near by the school.
SMU is a perfect example highland park is a beautiful area next to the university they would revolt if Dallas would allow some section 8 come in. But that beautiful area has more an more investment coming in that area.

The conversation about the so-called black-on-black violence is a disingenuous one because it perpetuates the myth that intraracial violence is specific to the black community — a myth that implies black people are inherently more violent or is a natural trait. This tactic has been used to justify the mistreatment of black people by systems from law enforcement to the government despite white people, for example, statistically being more violent toward each other and other races.

It’s pretty simple. No reason why the Quad should still be packed at 1:30 a.m.

I get it. There isn’t a ton to do in Grambling outside of hanging on campus, but the later it gets, the crowd begins to change.

Whether it’s hanging outside the club after it closes...or going to the fair late on Friday or Saturday night. The wrong crowd will find a way to ruin an event the later it gets...especially when they’re drunk and bored.

Also, if you’re gonna allow people to be hanging out that late, then there needs to be a heavy police presence monitoring what’s going on. The fact that there was a shooting earlier in the week further highlights that fact.

Back