Swac Football Classic in Birmingham

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure but I think these will be Out of Conference games and not conference games by looking at what the conference games should be in those years.

The upcoming series of “SWAC Classic” football games in Birmingham are projected to feature the Jackson State University Tigers led by FCS Coach of the Year Deion Sanders versus the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff led by head coach Doc Gamble in 2022 followed by Jackson State versus Southern University led by head coach Eric Dooley in 2023 and 2024.

The City of Birmingham will provide incentives and in-kind services to SWAC in an amount not to exceed $200,000 in year one and $300,000 in years two and three of the agreement in which the game is played at Legion Field Stadium

Better be a million dollar payout to both schools. Only way I could see them doing this smh. I still wouldn’t have done it smh.

Even if they are OOC games, it still doesn't make sense for JSU/SU. UAPB/JSU I can see or maybe the Alabama schools and some combo of Valley, UAPB, TxSU or PV

Sure people would have flamed SU/JSU for choosing each as OOC for a while but in the end it would be understood

Back