SWAC enrollment figures

That is a false statement, tomcat1. Our enrollment was cut in half when the state of Louisiana raised out of state fees dramatically which happened in the 90s.

Either way it was cut in half and it was a correlated to the threat of accreditation issues.

That is a false statement, tomcat1. Our enrollment was cut in half when the state of Louisiana raised out of state fees dramatically which happened in the 90s.

you are the man, son!

online executive mba program
(master of business administration in energy finance)

program overview

the online executive mba program (emba) is a program uniquely designed to meet the challenging needs of mid-career professionals who wish to pursue an mba degree with the least possible disruption to their professional and personal lives. the program is offered online and provides a finance/energy focus. The emba program combines the advanced business concepts of a master of business administration curriculum and prepares candidates to lead and manage organizations in the energy sector.

More information about the program, contact:

Dr. Amitava chatterjee
program director and professor of finance
office: (713) 313-7713; email: chatte_aa@tsu.edu

blake e. Green, mba
program coordinator
office: (713) 313-7748; email: greenbe@tsu.edu

online executive mpa program
(master of public administration)

program overview

the online executive mpa program (empa) is a curriculum uniquely designed to meet the growing demand for mid-career professionals in the public sector who wish to pursue an mpa degree. The program is conveniently offered online and provides a focuses on human resources, public policy, emergency management, and non-profit management and administration.

The empa program combines the advanced skill concepts of a master of public administration program and prepares administrators to lead and manage organizations in the area of public service.

Dr. Michael o. Adams
program director and professor of public administration (empa)
office: (713) 313-7760
email: adams_mo@tsu.edu

courtney lytle
office (713) 313.7760
email: lytlecj@tsu.edu

online master's degree in curriculum & instruction
(bilingual education specialization)

program overview

the online master's degree in curriculum & instruction with bilingual education specialization is a program that is offered totally online, thus giving students and working professionals a flexible schedule they can control. This online program uses state-of-the-art technology, making instruction engaging and interactive. The courses are designed in a sequential format with the focus on students being able to access the content rather than having to grapple with technology. The master's program focuses primarily on spanish/english bilingual instruction.

Dr. Cherry gooden, chair
department of curriculum & instruction
college of education
office phone: 713-313-1922
email: gooden_cr@tsu.edu

dr. Debra hill, associate chair,
phone: 713-313-7325
email: hill_dm@tsu.edu

dr. Margarita lara, associate professor
phone: 713-313-7501
email: lara_mx@tsu.edu

clareatha mcdonald, administrative assistant,
phone: 713-313-7501
email: mcdonald_cx@tsu.edu

Numbers are not made official until midway thru the semester. So tomcats numbers are probably from last year. Thanks for the info tomcat1!

Exactly!!! It happened the semester after I graduated from Grambling which was May 98........ Dude get your facts together...smh

Last edited:
I think HBCU's should offer online courses and degrees also. That would help increase enrollment.

PV has courses that are offered online along with classes that are held at other facilities we own or share with other University's.

True the UOP is making a killing off of undergrad and grad degrees online. When I finished the MBA program from the UOP back in 04, I went to the graduation ceremony in Phoenix and there were at least 1,000+ people getting degress. I met people from all over the world getting degrees from there.

It's a "For Profit" University

Exactly!!! It happened the semester after I graduated from Grambling which was May 98........ Dude get your facts together...smh

Exactly... It had nothing to do with accreditation and to say that just spreads falsehoods. Our enrollment was already less than 5,000 when we were placed on probation due to the increase in out of state fees. Grambling always has had one of the most diversed enrollments in Louisiana when it comes to out of state students. The increase in out of state fees along with the State no longer allowing us to give out of state waivers to students whose parents were alums amongst other waivers Grambling allowed at the time and the implementation of Satisfactory Academic Progress by the Federal Government all occuring at around the exact same time caused our enrollment to be cut in half. Our enrollment actually began to increase during the accreditation probation period and has been for the most part even while at the same time going to closed admissions. To attempt to "correlate" the two is inaccurate as inaccurate can get but I will allow tomcat to believe what he likes since he seems to be in the know. I'm sure his "Oriental" friends understand where I'm coming from.

PV has courses that are offered online along with classes that are held at other facilities we own or share with other University's.

It's a "For Profit" University

Having online classes is not the same as having online 4-year degree programs.

Tomcat knows he can lie. Grambling's last day for registration is today because they extended it so how in the hell can figures be out during registration? Man o man, people on the outside looking in kill me.

Tomcat knows he can lie. Grambling's last day for registration is today because they extended it so how in the hell can figures be out during registration? Man o man, people on the outside looking in kill me.

How you know he is lying? Did he say the enrollment as of Sept 9 at 10 AM? If you go to any publication that lists enrollment, it will be from either 2008 or 2009. Ya'll r just crazy!

I'm inviting you to sit with me at this years JSU/gspoo football game.

It is true that you all had 7,300 students and that number dropped to 4,000+ when those accreditation problems and money missing issues happened. Don't be mad because students don't want to to grambling. I'm waiting till you stop being lazy and pull up your own sources. Tell the truth. You mad because JSU is ahead of you clowns in every category (academics, sports, research, service) you should be glad for your fellow HBCU.

You should be telling us about that million dollars that gspoo administration (or stole) lost on the stock market and the state of Louisiana is upset about that.

Tell Pride,

They are looking these same figures up on many sites. For those who don't believe me, google. "Grambling state university accreditation problems". You will see it all.

I'll entertain ya'll later, but right now. I'm on my way to Memphis with my brothers to enjoy our festive weekend. I'll see you grambling folk on the 18th. (I want some northern louisiana barbeque).

Tell Pride,

They are looking these same figures up on many sites. For those who don't believe me, google. "Grambling state university accreditation problems". You will see it all.

I'll entertain ya'll later, but right now. I'm on my way to Memphis with my brothers to enjoy our festive weekend. I'll see you grambling folk on the 18th. (I want some northern louisiana barbeque).

Dude those accreditation problems are behind us and it's sickening that someone who fakes like he is so pro HBCU particularly SWAC is making a joke about an accreditation that happened years ago for amusement but i'm not surprised, people from certain schools are snakes and liars. What a fake azz buster! It's 2010, this thread is entitled SWAC Enrollment Figures, doesn't have dates, links or anything and the thread was made on yesterday so if one was really relating to 2009 enrollment figures why not say 2009 SWAC enrollment figures? Be more clear with information, come with facts because the title is suspect. P.S. Do your homework before you put out wrong, half assed and incomplete information. I don't deal with peeps who have that windshield washing mentality. Meaning saying one thing at one period in time then flipping on you. Have a nice Friday. Back to topic.

Last edited:
Texas Southern 10,858
JSU 8,689
PVU 8,061
SU 7,650
Alb St 5,564
a&m 5,327
GSU 5,011
UAPB 3,792
Alcorn 3,565
Valley 2,468

Has the 12th class day even passed yet? I'd imagine PV's enrollment is much higher than this.

Having online classes is not the same as having online 4-year degree programs.

I'm not sure about undergrad degrees online, but PV offers an online MBA.

Prairie View A&M University now offers MBA courses for working adults no matter where they work or live. Students may take courses that satisfy the degree requirements for the master of business administration program completely online. The program can be completed in as little as two years or as many as five.

Prairie View A&M University’s Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program has been ranked a “Best Buy” among AACSB-accredited business programs by GetEducated.com’s national editorial review team. This affordability ranking is based on a comprehensive review of 133 competing AACSB-accredited online MBA programs nationwide.

http://www.pvamu.edu/pages/5787.asp

I'm inviting you to sit with me at this years JSU/gspoo football game.

It is true that you all had 7,300 students and that number dropped to 4,000+ when those accreditation problems and money missing issues happened. Don't be mad because students don't want to to grambling. I'm waiting till you stop being lazy and pull up your own sources. Tell the truth. You mad because JSU is ahead of you clowns in every category (academics, sports, research, service) you should be glad for your fellow HBCU.

You should be telling us about that million dollars that gspoo administration (or stole) lost on the stock market and the state of Louisiana is upset about that.

More lies... When will it end?

And if the money was in the stock market how was it stolen? Just stop...

Dude those accreditation problems are behind us and it's sickening that someone who fakes like he is so pro HBCU particularly SWAC is making a joke about an accreditation that happened years ago for amusement but i'm not surprised, people from certain schools are snakes and liars. What a fake azz buster! It's 2010, this thread is entitled SWAC Enrollment Figures, doesn't have dates, links or anything and the thread was made on yesterday so if one was really relating to 2009 enrollment figures why not say 2009 SWAC enrollment figures? Be more clear with information, come with facts because the title is suspect. P.S. Do your homework before you put out wrong, half assed and incomplete information. I don't deal with peeps who have that windshield washing mentality. Meaning saying one thing at one period in time then flipping on you. Have a nice Friday. Back to topic.

Damn. :lol:

How you know he is lying? Did he say the enrollment as of Sept 9 at 10 AM? If you go to any publication that lists enrollment, it will be from either 2008 or 2009. Ya'll r just crazy!

Did he beg you to come over here and defend him? Even our 2008 and 2009 enrollment numbers were not at 9K.

He should have started this thread with:

"According to "Fill in the blank", during the Summer 1994, SWAC enrollment figures were..."

Then paste the URL link at the bottom.

Did he beg you to come over here and defend him? Even our 2008 and 2009 enrollment numbers were not at 9K.

He should have started this thread with:

"According to "Fill in the blank", during the Summer 1994, SWAC enrollment figures were..."

Then paste the URL link at the bottom.

Both of them can't help it and i actually believe my statement.

JSU was growing quickly back in the day from 6,000 to 8,000 in a five year period but now we have higher standards and we've partnered with Hinds Community College with a 2+2 program. SU will increase their numbers with quality students. I prefer quality over quantity anyday. JSU only has enough dorm space for 2,739 students, if we had more dorms we would could reach the 10,000 mark easily.

I saw where NCAT now has 10,000 which was a hugh jump from 8,000 in the last two years. Quicker higher numbers in two years can be detrimental for the university if the students aren't prepared.

Texas Southern has a horrible retention rate. They are ranked in the bottom feeder schools in retention but back in the day they wanted numbers (quantity over quality). This method has came back to bite them in the butts.

What happens with the other 5,300 students in terms of where they stay; Do they have enough apartment space in Jackson to hold that many student, keep in mind you have HCC, Milsaps and others living in off campus apartments?

Why do people have to lie? State the facts, be ready to back them up with links and if you don't know the facts or have links? STHU.

Back