SWAC 2021 Football Championship Game (Spring Edition): Alabama A&M vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff - 2:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

What did u expect with a week's notice of where the game was gonna be.

Usually it's an idea of where the game is be towards end of year.

Plus the game isn't played at either schools home stadium

And let's not act like Jackson Mississippi has the most airlines flying thru that airport
I expected better than the attendance today. Hell it’s the championship game and neither school make it there often. Miss me with this one week notice non sense. Pb is 3 hrs from jackson and aamu is 5 hrs away from jackson. Pb and aamu are 6 hrs away from one another so if anything, economically Jackson was a better fit for both schools.

I expected better than the attendance today. Hell it’s the championship game and neither school make it there often. Miss me with this one week notice non sense. Pb is 3 hrs from jackson and aamu is 5 hrs away from jackson. Pb and aamu are 6 hrs away from one another so if anything, economically Jackson was a better fit for both schools.
Well many of my friends were coming if the game was in Huntsville. They didn't want to travel to Jackson and stay at hotels. In Huntsville they had friends or felt safer driving in. This is from our group chat of 20 folks.

Well many of my friends were coming if the game was in Huntsville. They didn't want to travel to Jackson and stay at hotels. In Huntsville they had friends or felt safer driving in. This is from our group chat of 20 folks.
I feel ya. Everyone has their own preference.

I remember when the SWAC announced there would be a Spring 2021 Football season, I was their biggest opponent. When Alcorn opted out, I thought they were the most intelligent people for doing so ( I still respect them for their decision). I was upset that my UAPB did not do the same, and was terrified that my Golden Lions would either get infected, infect another team or both. I did not want them on the field at all, but instead wanted them to wait until Fall 2021.

Alabama A&M.....Lord. Week after week after week another team would deny them their opportunity due to COVID precautions. And while that was in the best practice for the entire conference, it was tough on the Bulldogs, as athletes want to compete. Soon, it looked as if the Bulldogs, while managing to stay healthy, would be denied a season.

But God sometimes has a very peculiar way of bestowing blessings upon us. The Golden Lions and the Bulldogs found themselves facing each again, after 15 years, for the Championship title. I never imagined my boys would win out in the West and I never thought it would be the Bulldogs that would represent the East. God allowed both teams to remain untouched by the virus, and allowed both this opportunity. And while He knew the outcome of the game, it was His way of reminding me that what He has for you is truly for you and not even a global pandemic can block His blessings.

CONGRATULATIONS ALABAMA A&M!!!! 2021 SWAC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!!! The Bulldogs made the best of their situation, remained patient and hopeful, and God took care of the rest. I am truly so very happy for them!!!!

And to my beloved Golden Lions, I thank God for allowing them to remain COVID-free and healthy. And while I didn't want them in action, I am so happy they proved me wrong. I have always been, I am now, and shall forever be so very proud of my boys!
Props to PIne Bluff

Shout out to @96lioness and your Arkansas Pine Bluff Lions for a great game. I said to myself, I hope she ain't praying for her Lions because if she is, then the Bulldogs are through....unless I pray harder (wink).....LOL But seriously, much respect to you and yours!!!

As for my own Bulldogs, it's been a long time coming! ...and with Maynor running things, the next championship is right around the corner!

....and yeah, for teams and supporters to survive this covid/pandemic and make it through this Spring season is indeed a blessing...

Go Bulldogs!

My Brother,

I stopped praying some years ago for victory for my team. As I continue to learn in the area of prayer, I realize that my prayers should align with the Lord’s will. So, I don’t pray that my boys win.

I just asked my Lord to let them do well, to keep them safe, and to compete in a way that will please Him. I just thanked Him for keeping them healthy and for this opportunity and to allow them safe travels to and from Jackson.

So glad my Lord heard and answered my prayer!

Props to UAPB, a good and well coached team, made us work for everything! However, some can say what they want about this season, but we worked so hard and was discilplined on and off the field. This season put AAMU on the national scene and Glass on the NFL radar! I was always told to take advantage of every opportunity because you never know if it will be your last or whose watching and my Bulldogs seized the opportunity when others made excuses.

Go Bulldogs!

K. Riggs,

I just returned from the game. I attended the game and have NO hate for those who did not. It is a choice. Covid 19 is real. Now that I got that out of the way. Please allow me to give some shout outs!

Shout outs!
  • AAMU defense – Best game of the season
  • D.D.- For showing Dog81 some great hospitality
  • Pine Bluff fans – Rowdy and extremely supportive of their team
  • AAMU fans – Those who attended were excited to be there and showed the Bulldogs much love
  • Number 7 for Pine Bluff
  • AAMU team – Played all games away
  • AAMU offense – 38 points – enough said 2 scored by special teams
  • The city of Jackson, Mississippi
Shockers:

1. Seeing AAMU painted in the end zone. I never thought I would see that in JSU’s stadium.

2. JSU fan after the game (talking loud).

How we gone let these M-Fers come to our MF stadium and celebrate on our F-ing field. The S_ _t better not happen again.

3. SWAC Championship and no field show by the bands.

Finally:

Thanks to those who indicated congrats to the AAMU on their win…

My Brother,

I stopped praying some years ago for victory for my team. As I continue to learn in the area of prayer, I realize that my prayers should align with the Lord’s will. So, I don’t pray that my boys win.

I just asked my Lord to let them do well, to keep them safe, and to compete in a way that will please Him. I just thanked Him for keeping them healthy and for this opportunity and to allow them safe travels to and from Jackson.

I am glad someone else recognizes that. God has no reason to favor me or some other person over another in some secular activity like a ball game. Why would He answer any prayer from me asking to beat any opponent when the guy on the other side may be a better person/Christian than I am.

Shockers:

How we gone let these M-Fers come to our MF stadium and celebrate on our F-ing field. The S_ _t better not happen again.
They need to get used to it because they will see it on a bi-annual basis. It will become old routine for us.

K. Riggs,

I just returned from the game. I attended the game and have NO hate for those who did not. It is a choice. Covid 19 is real. Now that I got that out of the way. Please allow me to give some shout outs!

Shout outs!
  • AAMU defense – Best game of the season
  • D.D.- For showing Dog81 some great hospitality
  • Pine Bluff fans – Rowdy and extremely supportive of their team
  • AAMU fans – Those who attended were excited to be there and showed the Bulldogs much love
  • Number 7 for Pine Bluff
  • AAMU team – Played all games away
  • AAMU offense – 38 points – enough said 2 scored by special teams
  • The city of Jackson, Mississippi
Shockers:

1. Seeing AAMU painted in the end zone. I never thought I would see that in JSU’s stadium.

3. SWAC Championship and no field show by the bands.

Finally:

Thanks to those who indicated congrats to the AAMU on their win…

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

View: https://twitter.com/HBCUSports/status/1388652281013444610?s=19

My Brother,

...and I know this. Truth be told, I am actually fortunate to be alive at this very moment, Back in August and September I myself was hospitalized and bed ridden due to non-covid issues. So yeah, more than anything, I'm fortunate to be alive at this very moment and enjoy life, I am very grateful.

Last edited:
Maynor now has to coach for that money today. They should have waited after this game before giving him that extension.
Beans.........your hater-aid is beneath even you..........btw....we have never had to use a running clock on anyone but ......jsu😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back