SWAC 2021 Football Championship Game (Spring Edition): Alabama A&M vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff - 2:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry we giving out butt whippings in the fall too!
Today is your day! so up, up and away. Talk that talk and try and wash the last 15 years away.

Graduating Dr Seuss GIF by INTO ACTION

I remember when the SWAC announced there would be a Spring 2021 Football season, I was their biggest opponent. When Alcorn opted out, I thought they were the most intelligent people for doing so ( I still respect them for their decision). I was upset that my UAPB did not do the same, and was terrified that my Golden Lions would either get infected, infect another team or both. I did not want them on the field at all, but instead wanted them to wait until Fall 2021.

Alabama A&M.....Lord. Week after week after week another team would deny them their opportunity due to COVID precautions. And while that was in the best practice for the entire conference, it was tough on the Bulldogs, as athletes want to compete. Soon, it looked as if the Bulldogs, while managing to stay healthy, would be denied a season.

But God sometimes has a very peculiar way of bestowing blessings upon us. The Golden Lions and the Bulldogs found themselves facing each again, after 15 years, for the Championship title. I never imagined my boys would win out in the West and I never thought it would be the Bulldogs that would represent the East. God allowed both teams to remain untouched by the virus, and allowed both this opportunity. And while He knew the outcome of the game, it was His way of reminding me that what He has for you is truly for you and not even a global pandemic can block His blessings.

CONGRATULATIONS ALABAMA A&M!!!! 2021 SWAC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!!! The Bulldogs made the best of their situation, remained patient and hopeful, and God took care of the rest. I am truly so very happy for them!!!!

And to my beloved Golden Lions, I thank God for allowing them to remain COVID-free and healthy. And while I didn't want them in action, I am so happy they proved me wrong. I have always been, I am now, and shall forever be so very proud of my boys!

Shout out to @96lioness and your Arkansas Pine Bluff Lions for a great game. I said to myself, I hope she ain't praying for her Lions because if she is, then the Bulldogs are through....unless I pray harder (wink).....LOL But seriously, much respect to you and yours!!!

As for my own Bulldogs, it's been a long time coming! ...and with Maynor running things, the next championship is right around the corner!

....and yeah, for teams and supporters to survive this covid/pandemic and make it through this Spring season is indeed a blessing...

Go Bulldogs!

Did you really expect attendance to be great as 1 team has not had a home game and the other only had limited attendance for 1 game and none for the others.
At the end of the day, I expected it to be better than what it was. Of course I wasn’t expecting some Su/Jsu or Alcorn/jsu crowd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back