SWAC 2013 Football Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see everybody after the weekend of August 31st after the JSU / Tulane game.
No need of talking now when nobody even know how their teams will be this year. We don't even know if all these so-called recruits will even be part of the 2013 team. Some will be red-shirted, grey-shirted, or simply won't get a chance to play and end up at a JUCO next year :lol:

I got to see how JSU do on the field against Tulane and I have to see how the other 9 SWAC teams do in their opening games. I'll list every SWAC team in order from 1 thru 10 come SUNDAY, September 1st. All I can say right now is that until UAPB and JSU is beat out in the East and West, they are #1 and #2 at this point. :tup:

And there it is!

JagHammer's prediction for the 2013 SWAC Football Season:

SWAC East:

1. Alabama State: Reggie Barlow and Alabama State has finally set the bar high with his recruiting practices, and coaching carousel. NCAA saved the institution from setting the bar low on institutional control. All the pieces come together for a trip to Houston. Projected record 9-3.

2. Jackson State: A heartbreaking loss based on a bad decision by the embattled, but battle ready Rick Comegy. Comegy, who is feeling the unforgiving Jacksonian heat for his miscalculated and daring plea to FAMU, could easily travel to Houston with the Blue Bengals. However, this rest on the play of the quarterback. Projected record 7-4.

3. Alcorn State: Jay Hopson led a promising, yet inconsistent campaign for Alcorn last season with uplifting wins against Southern and Alabama A&M, but have also suffered debilitating losses against Jackson St. and Alabama St. Hopson has recruited well, and this could be the year Alcorn finish with seven wins for the first time since 2004. Projected record: 6-5.

4. Alabama A&M: The heat is on Anthony Jones, although he is one of the winningest coaches at Alabama A&M. A&M could easily leapfrog to Houston if everything falls in place for the Bulldogs on the field. However, as the Alcorn loss last year proved, they could easily tailspin out of contention if not focused and catch bad breaks. Projected record: 4-7.

5. Mississippi Valley State: Coach Karl Morgan has done a commendable job coaching at one of the toughest and financially strapped FCS schools in the nation. Hope springs with the diamonds in rough found by Coach Graves (from Southern) in Robert Simpson and other great athletes in Itta Bena. The Devils will make it very tough for all schools in the SWAC this season, and vice versa, since no one will take Valley lightly. If plagued by inconsistent offense, it can spell doom on Valley's season. Projected record: 2-9.

SWAC West:

1. UAPB: Patience and great effort has turned Pine Bluff into a monster. A masterful decision by Monte Coleman to bring along Eric Dooley from Southern has paid instant dividends for the school, and ended with one of it's most successful football seasons in the SWAC. Look for the most consistent team beat up on the competition again. Projected record: 10-2.

2. Southern University: The Jaguars are hungry to return to dominance, and at times last season seemed to shake off the doldrums that losing can create. Coach Dawson Odums has done a masterful job of recruiting and bringing hope and determination to the Jaguars and the Jaguar Nation. Dray Joseph and his Arsenal are ready to send opponents scrambling and gnashing their teeth trying to slow them down. However, the defense and inopportune conservative play and play calling threatens to keep the Jags from Houston. However, if the defense does show up, look for the Jaguars to party in Houston. Projected record: 7-4.

3: Grambling State: Maybe 2012 was not so bad at all for Grambling. Charting unfamiliar territory in recent memory for Gramblingites, Doug Williams feels the heat, but has the history and the clout to turn it around for Grambling. Look for the Tigers to claw their way back to prominence this season. Stay tuned. Projected record: 6-5.

4. Prairie View: I really hate to place PV here, but the coaching of Heishma Northern threatens to dismantle the progress of the Panthers. Then again, Northern and Mark Orlando (also from Southern) may shock everyone in the SWAC with their prolific offense, and as in the case of Southern, if their defense decides to play, they could be at Reliant as well. Projected record: 3-8.

5. Texas Southern: Darryl Asberry has his work cut out for him in Houston, as the program tries to rise from the ashes of NCAA sanctions. They do have the tools, but could they put them all together for a trip down the road at Reliant Stadium. That much is to be seen, but I doubt it. Projected record: 1-10.

Projected champion: UAPB repeats as champion in 2013. UAPB 49 Alabama St. 21.

Patience and great effort.......most definitely!:) But we still have so much that needs improving (penalties, redzone scoring, TOP). And I hope Coach Coleman drills and grills any "diva" mentality out of my boys. If he weren't an ordained minister, I'd wish he'd tell them what Jimmy Johnson told the Cowboys after their first championship!:|

As for your projected champion.........that would be so nice!

~sighs~..................:read:

Last edited:
And there it is!

Patience and great effort.......most definitely!:)

As for your projected champion.........that would be so nice!

~sighs~..................:read:

I do not see anyone challenging them as of yet, but you never know in the Wild, Wild West.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
2. Jackson State: A heartbreaking loss based on a bad decision by the embattled, but battle ready Rick Comegy. Comegy, who is feeling the unforgiving Jacksonian heat for his miscalculated and daring plea to FAMU, could easily travel to Houston with the Blue Bengals. However, this rest on the play of the quarterback. Projected record 7-4.

Who told you that?

Dude, yall ain't never owned SU in basketball except for the Spivery years. And even Spivery beat yall some times. LOL. Grant beat yall too. As a matter of fact SU is 18-12 against JSU the last 15 years in the SWAC regular season. It gets worse as you go back further. LOL. We even beat yall in our sad seasons too.

JR, you chose 15 years because the end of Stoglin's tenure was lean... very lean. That helped you to get 6 more wins in there. :smh:

I do not see anyone challenging them as of yet, but you never know in the Wild, Wild West.

Let's be honest here. Football starts with the o-line and d-line. It's not like UAPB is some talent factory. I doubt very seriously if they had two strings of linemen. The only reason they MIGHT get to Houston over PV is because everyone else in the WEST is gonna be so weak.

TP,
Be honest with yourself. It's close to a "head and shoulders" year. And you know it.
LOL!

carry on.

How did you get in there and edit my post? . u deleted my whole post. You are in the running for the worst Moderator of the year.

..and no.. u ain't no head and shoulders.

I don't know which is worse...You actually posting this or believing this nonsense. :smh:

Dude, last year, the SWAC was like this.. 1. UAPB.. 2.. JSU.. 3. AlaState 4. AAMU 5. Valley 6. Alcorn.. Do you see where I am going with this? Ya'll were bad.. very bad and so was everyone else in your division besides PB.

I don't know which is worse...You actually posting this or believing this nonsense. :smh:

I think you all are basing your season on the fact that you upset JSU, beat a bad FAMU team and beat the worst Grambling team in the their storied history. REALLY? JSU and FAMU will/would both skin you in 2013.

Dude, last year, the SWAC was like this.. 1. UAPB.. 2.. JSU.. 3. AlaState 4. AAMU 5. Valley 6. Alcorn.. Do you see where I am going with this? Ya'll were bad.. very bad and so was everyone else in your division besides PB.

That was last year. Now scroll up. See that comment 96Lioness said, "football period is too unpredictable?" It's a shame she knows more about football than you.

Now... Let that marinate. :lol:

How did you get in there and edit my post? . u deleted my whole post.

..and no.. u ain't no head and shoulders.
TP,
It was no bad intent. It was an error. I was attempting to quote some of your "logic", but I actually hit edit. And it deleted it.
sorry
once I realized it, I gave a rehash of what you posted. LOL!

as for the head and shoulders...... just think, you can be right for the 4th time. :tup:
congrats in advance.

JSU and FAMU will/would both skin you in 2013.

:lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

That was last year. Now scroll up. See that comment 96Lioness said, "football period is too unpredictable?" It's a shame she knows more about football than you.

Now... Let that marinate. :lol:

Yes, it IS unpredictable YET we are making predictions. Predictions are like a scientific hypothesis. It must be an EDUCATED guess. If you think SU will be anywhere above two teams that dropped 50 points on them last year, you are myopic. With the tumble UAPB is going to make, PV actually has a decent shot at going to the SCG. SU ...has no chance. Ya'll need to focus on going 0.500.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JR, you chose 15 years because the end of Stoglin's tenure was lean... very lean. That helped you to get 6 more wins in there. :smh:

Dude if I go back even further it gets worse for yall. LOL. You run into the Jobe years at SU. You don't want me to go back 20-25 years. Especially when I was on the yard with my classmate Avery Johnson and then the Bobby Phills era. It gets uglier.

Yes, it IS unpredictable YET we are making predictions. Predictions are like a scientific hypothesis. It must be an EDUCATED guess. If you think SU will be anywhere above two teams that dropped 50 points on them last year, you are myopic. With the tumble UAPB is going to make, PV actually has a decent shot at going to the SCG. SU ...has no chance. Ya'll need to focus on going 0.500.

Think about it this way. LSU in 2011 blew Florida out by 5+ TDs. According to your logic the Florida fans and team shouldn't have shown up to the game in 2012 because LSU destroyed them the previous season, but Florida actually beat LSU in 2012. So that goes to show how just because something happened in the previous year, doesn't mean things are going to be the same in the next season.

Dude if I go back even further it gets worse for yall. LOL. You run into the Jobe years at SU. You don't want me to go back 20-25 years. Especially when I was on the yard with my classmate Avery Johnson and then the Bobby Phills era. It gets uglier.

lol

To be honest with you I think the 2011 team is the worst football team Ive ever seen in my life. They were terrible. But the point is they keep beating SU. Not only do they beat yall, they kicks yalls ass. Not only that, they have beaten you 5 times in a row. So its not a 1 win fluke like SU fans brag about. Cant really judge them from last year because it rained during our game.

I swear I dont know what yall see in PV :lol: . Did you see them play. Their defense was horrible and talentless for the most part, and took alot of risk. If you would have saw how we lost to them you would be sick in the stomach.

tumblr_inline_mpbeg8K07U1qz4rgp.png

If a team beat my team by 20 points, I wouldnt talk about how bad they are.

Hey TP, just to satisfy you. I just looked it all up for the last 30 years all the way back to 1982-83 season even before Ben Jobe took over at SU. From 82-83 until 2012-13, SU holds a 34-28 margin in head to head in the regular season against JSU. I guess you must don't know how good SU basketball was back in the day. LOL. Like I said, when I was on the yard we routinely kicked yall's arse in basketball.

Think about it this way. LSU in 2011 blew Florida out by 5+ TDs. According to your logic the Florida fans and team shouldn't have shown up to the game in 2012 because LSU destroyed them the previous season, but Florida actually beat LSU in 2012. So that goes to show how just because something happened in the previous year, doesn't mean things are going to be the same in the next season.

You ain't Florida. get it?

Hey TP, just to satisfy you. I just looked it all up for the last 30 years all the way back to 1982-83 season even before Ben Jobe took over at SU. From 82-83 until 2012-13, SU holds a 34-28 margin in head to head in the regular season against JSU. I guess you must don't know how good SU basketball was back in the day. LOL. Like I said, when I was on the yard we routinely kicked yall's arse in basketball.

Oh 34-28 .. that's good? STILL a 6 win difference? I am sure you can stop at some point and JSU will have the lead.

Flukes count...

...and just becasue ya'll beat us in bball on a down year, look at how long JSU bball owned ya'll. Just quit it and accept that over time, SU athletics department is not on par with JSU. Sure you get a few upsets but you ain't strong enough to constantly compete with us. ..especially not in football.

What a LIAR. :lol: :emlaugh:

Translation: TP was caught in yet another LIE. :lol: :emlaugh: (this is habitual and sad)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back