SU's football schedule in 03

Originally posted by DRShelly
Southern will be playing A & T in the Silver Dollar Classic in September in Las Vegas and also Lincoln University out of PA at home. Alabama State (Southern will win at home)
Arkansas - Pine Bluff (Southern will win at home)
Alabama A & M (Southern will win at home)
Prairie View (Southern will win at home)
Alcorn State (Southern will win at home)

With the Lincoln game or (rent - a - win) it gives us 6 home games on "The Bluff".

We have just one more date to fill to complete our 2003 Schedule; it looks like the SWAC Championship will stay in Louisisna for another year especially with a light October schedule.

DrShelly:

I see you are quite the optimist. You, however, will be disappointed with the outcome of the A&M game. It is time for us to get a win on the Bluff in a big way. I feel it will be this time.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
uuuh, if Valley gets a QB, they are going to be the second best team in the EAST in 2003. I doubt very seriously that Totten and Gregory will slip on bringing in a good QB.

I am glad that you have finally recognized that AAMU is the clear and obvious choice as the best team in the East. I further commend you for recognizing that JSU has fallen to third or lower.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nope. If I had to do predictions right now, I would say

1. JSU
2. Valley
3. Alcorn
4. LC's boyz
5. Annie Mae

I really can't blame Pete for trying to schedule cupcakes after all the arse whippings SU has been taking. I guess he realizes that he needs to rebuild the program. He has been too close to having his first losing season in recent years. But Shelly, There is not way that Kent and Company are going to lose to SU. You are a good 2-3 years behind JSU at this point.
I have a Question! Have JSU hired another coach? The reason I'm asking this is because the last time I checked you had one of those rent a coaches. Now I know you don't have respect for Pete but PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK, not even you can really believe that JSU will beat SU. Please think about this before you answer. :shame: :shame: :shame:

Have we hired a coach? Well maybe I am slow here. Someone help me out.

(Besides, didn't Hughes just go 3-0 against Petey?)

So SU's non-conference games are

Lincoln
Savannah State
A&T

This is _ _ _ but I ain't mad at ya'll. Pete is the new LC Cole. Will Pete get a raise if he improves from six wins? LOL

Looks like he should at least win 8.

Nope. If I had to do predictions right now, I would say

1. JSU
2. Valley
3. Alcorn
4. LC's boyz
5. Annie Mae

How many years have you done this and been wrong? Just curious....

Have JSU won any championships in the last six years; thanks, I don't think so. Remember we beat JSU azz when they had 2 number 1 draft picks in 1999 not just one azz whipping, but two in the same season. I'm also the one that predicted on this board that SU would beat GSU in last season Bayou Classic when others thought I was on drugs. It's much easier to ship a paxkage in-state whether than out of state, what package I'm referring to - The SWAC Championship Trophy. The schools in Texas, Valley and Alcorn hasn't seen it, JSU has forgotten how it looks and the Alabama schools has only played for it. Sorry it's home is in Louisiana. I think that I'll go the to the SWAC Spring meeting and recommend to the Commissioner and the SWAC Presidents that the SWAC Football Championship Trophy should be shaped into a "Boot" like the state of Louisiana since it's been here for six years. Could anyone tell me who'll we be playing in Birmingham in December? If I had to bet on it, I would say Alcorn or AAMU. Sorry, JSU do you think that anyone would let a 1 - 9 high school coach beat them in the SWAC other than Prairie View? You need to concern y'all selfs with Willie Trotten and Valley and stay out of adult situations. SWAC fans make your reservations early for Birmingham because hotel rooms are going fast because the Jaguar Nation are coming strong with 25,000 plus; Healthsouth don't withdraw your sponsorship, because you will get a return on your investment in 2003.

Lincoln
Savannah State
A&T

Im so sick of this sorry shti.
I'm so far ahead of my time.
Did I not tell you guys 2 years ago that SU was not interested in scheduling quality BCF non conference schools. You dont have a competitive bone in your body. This is fn sad.....just sad.
I hope its not true.

Get Ready, the SU Non-Conference Schedule is a fact; Lincoln University, Savannah State and NCA&T. So, who do we play in the SWAC Championship Game? A least we didn't go out an hire a losing high school coach, what will be JSU record in 2003. I say, 3 - 9, but who will be the 3 win?

Originally posted by unknown1

How many years have you done this and been wrong? Just curious....

Not too many times. I was right in 2001 except for first place. I was wrong last year because I did not think ASU would finish behind Valley and AAMU.:p

Southern & Grambling runs the conference. Jackson State just embarasses it. SMH @ 0-13 trying to hold a conversation about out of conference ball games. If you people would focus more on your private affairs and stop looking at S.U. to copy, maybe your A.D. would not be hiring 1-9 high school coaches. Get over S.U. being the football team of the 90's, beating you in the 1st SCG, winning the SWAC tourney when Lindsey Hunter was a senior, beating you twice in one year and winning most of the commissioner cups. Just accept that JSU is an also ran. And, please dont think this is smack. This is the sports board. Unlike a couple of jsue posters, we Jags can distinguish the two. Please stop carrying this heavy weight. It is amazing how everyone is so consumed with the SUperior school in black college athletics.

I don't know about running the conference but we shole did run our foot up SU's arse last night and in football three years running going on 4.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Big Time v.s. Small Time

Football Championships last 6yrs:
S.U. 3
jsu 0

Basketball NCAA tourney wins 10yrs:

S.U 1
jsu 0

Baseball Championships last 10yrs.
S.U 9
jsu 1

Outdoor Track & Field last 10 yrs
S.U. 7
jsu 1

Commissioner Cups 10 yrs
S.U. 8
jsue 1

jsue has been drove by their SUperior so often and regular until outsiders are wondering if they are a Buick. Please dont compare that small time program to S.U. Just keep on watching and attempting to duplicate. You cant go wrong!

I see Pete has become another "Bill Thomas" of the SWAC West with this paper mache ass schedule.

Lamont: "This week we'll play Lafayette Vocational and Applied College for Single Mothers this week then next week you play them."

Pete: You shole is right!!!

Lincoln
Savannah State
A&T

This is _ _ _ but I ain't mad at ya'll. Pete is the new LC Cole. Will Pete get a raise if he improves from six wins? LOL

Looks like he should at least win 8.

I KNEW WHEN THIS FINALLY CAME OUT YOU WOULD HAVE FUN WITH IT.:emlaugh:

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

I KNEW WHEN THIS FINALLY CAME OUT YOU WOULD HAVE FUN WITH IT.:emlaugh:

OK, so if Chris Scelfo asks Doug if he wants to play Tulane this season, will Doug nut up like Pete did, or will he remember what Louisville did to Grambling a couple of years ago?

Could Southern's light OOC schedule mean that they anticipate a dogfight in the SWAC and don't want to limp into the SWAC schedule like last season?

Originally posted by sophandros

OK, so if Chris Scelfo asks Doug if he wants to play Tulane this season, will Doug nut up like Pete did, or will he remember what Louisville did to Grambling a couple of years ago?

Could Southern's light OOC schedule mean that they anticipate a dogfight in the SWAC and don't want to limp into the SWAC schedule like last season?

You ain't got to play Tulane but you could play someone decent. You all turned down a deal from McNeese....a 1-AA school. Then you ran from FAMU and Northwestern. That's okay, JSU picked them up and we are going to show you how to whip their arses.

Back