SU may hire …. Marshall Faulk? Maybe this started before Odums left

Very smart hire as the OC and DC are intact and the entire team returning. This is the Southern way - it worked out with Odums and it will work out with Rollins. Go Jags!

Will Odums look to bring any of those coaches with him to Norfolk?

This hire keeps the SU train moving in the right direction with someone who is familiar with the players, community, and staff. You all are too quiet in Jaguar Land. I gotta talk to my Peeps in Zachary, Cheneyville, and Baton Rouge about the 411. Smart hire!

Outside of Woods this was a Banks type hire - keep it in house and hope it takes off.

Funchess, Crenshaw and now this but maybe include Morris Scott before Woods

This hire keeps the SU train moving in the right direction with someone who is familiar with the players, community, and staff. You all are too quiet in Jaguar Land. I gotta talk to my Peeps in Zachary, Cheneyville, and Baton Rouge about the 411. Smart hire!
Man, what you know about Chaneyville? That’s my neck of the woods 😂

Again, this is a great move!

@SUjagTILLiDIE @jag4life Again, in order for a tweet of this magnitude to be put out, your administration had to provide permission and green light it! Jesus man! 😩 It can't be this hard to understand simple logic. These conversations have been going on for at least 2 weeks (minimum).

Now don't yall get mad and start calling the A.D. and cuss him out because he didn't acquiesce to your preferences.

I got my popcorn. This is about to get interesting! 🤣:cool:

“We’re not going to sacrifice wins and loses for marketing and branding”

T.Scott Assistant AD

certainly not the same. Wins and losses are concrete results independent of a marketing campaign. They can enhance one another but aren’t interdependent.
Branding and marketing creates exposure and attention. Attention eventually draws interest and resources. With better resources, one can then obtain new and/or advanced talent. With better talent, there is usually better results (wins) than losses!

Branding and marketing creates exposure and attention. Attention eventually draws interest and resources. With better resources, one can then obtain new and/or advanced talent. With better talent, there is usually better results (wins) than losses!
Winning is all that matters. Programs come up with new marketing all the time, usually whenever a new coach is hired, and have to do it all over again if that coach can’t win. All the marketing in the world won’t help a perennial loser.

Winning is all that matters. Programs come up with new marketing all the time, usually whenever a new coach is hired, and have to do it all over again if that coach can’t win. All the marketing in the world won’t help a perennial loser.
Not that I disagree with the concept regarding winning, because it does matter. But what matters more is winning consistently! You can't win consistently if you aren't engaged in effective marketing and branding! Again, they go hand-in-hand.

This is why most PWC's kick butt. They get consistent marketing and branding on the television networks which creates exposure and resources. Eventually, the talent comes because of the exposure. Winning is the by-product. Do we really think that Nick Saban could win the SEC with SWAC level talent?

There's a reason you would pay over 100.00 for a pair of Nike shoes but wouldn't get caught wearing the Pay-Less specials even though they are likely made in the same place with the same materials.

Brian Lepak is heading back to the Big 12 – Lepak, most recently the running game coordinator and offensive line coach at Southern University, has accepted new roles at Kansas State as the senior offensively quality control coach and assistant director of recruiting, per sources with direct knowledge of the move.

The move comes on the heels of arguably Lepak's finest coaching job in his lone season at Southern.
In an unprecedented spring season, the Jaguars led the Southwestern Athletic Conference in rushing – 228.6 yards per game on a 5.3 ypc average – en route to an 5-1 finish that included a 49-7 dismantling of Grambling in the season-ending Bayou Classic.

Lepak saw all five of his Jaguars' offensive linemen earn various All-SWAC honors.

Back