SU GSU leaving the SWAC?

Originally posted by Blu Panther
I give you facts you still talk around it, proof that Jag fans are nothing but tailgate riding, catfish lovin' one sport wonders.
*lol*
Dont tell him blue panther wait until we tap dat a$$ @ Reliant in a short while!

kick our azz in what? Benzene spills?

I opened the vault and found this:

SU barely wins in football
PV sweeps SU in volleyball (Houston east)
PV sweeps SU in men's hoops
PV takes series from SU in softball
SU sweeps PV in women's hoops
we split track events since we get all the 1st place titles but you all win the team titles due to stacking
you win in baseball and tennis

In the sports listed (excluding track since head to head is not a stat) you had a 4-3 edge in 2001-02. Judging by the stats listed I could not tell which school gives maximum scholarships or not. So if you call a 1-sport advantage kicking azz then you must be very happy to defeat us.

Hold on kid. In the SWAC annals, it's going to say Southern University -- 2002 Men's Indoor and Outdoor Champions... PERIOD. There is NO SPLIT THERE, NO CO-CHAMPIONS, YOU GOT NOTHING! Plus, aren't you forgetting some sports man? Bowling (we got you), Golf (we got you) and Cross Country (we got you too!). If you want a true count, YOU got THREE. WE got Nine.

PV -- Softball, Volleyball, and Men's Basketball
Southern -- Men's and Women's Tennis, Bowling, Baseball, Men's Indoor and Outdoor Track, Men's Cross Country, Women's Basketball and we finished ahead of you in Football and Golf.

Now, you can count the track titles as one because they were both men, but the tennis titles count separate since you claim Men's Basketball.

If you can't remember all the sports you lose in, what does that tell you about yourself and your program .....

GARBAGE!

I forgot about golf and women's crew, whatever. I listed the major sports and I see you all sure did not dominate.

Better yet, I don't need to compare ourselves against you all. I'll battle another full scholarshipped program like UAPB or so. Anyone that cannot sweep against us needs help bigtime. especially in a revenue sport.

I don't think there is much to any talk about Southern leaving the SWAC. If Southern was really unhappy about anything in the SWAC, the SWAC would probably get rid of whatever that was (look out PV, UAPB, and Valley) The SWAC will do whatever it has to to keep Southern, Grambling, Jackson State, and Alcorn.
<br><br>Blu Panther, when you count up who won, it doesn't matter how many scholarships or what strategy (stacking ) your dumb school ain't smart enough to use. YOU LOST, and your school is a bunch of LOSERS. and guess what, SO ARE YOU.

I forgot about golf and women's crew, whatever. I listed the major sports and I see you all sure did not dominate.

Better yet, I don't need to compare ourselves against you all. I'll battle another full scholarshipped program like UAPB or so. Anyone that cannot sweep against us needs help bigtime. especially in a revenue sport.

Major Sports? Caught in a lie BP and don't know how to get out ...... Oh yeah, I really enjoyed seeing those tens of thousands at that major sport SOFTBALL in Houston this year. Yeah, YOU listed the major sports alright ..... the major sports to help your point. So, Softball is over Women's Basketball (since when?) . This is PITIFUL man, even for you.

Better yet, I don't need to compare ourselves against you all [/B]

This has got to be the smartest thing you have say so far. Puke view can't compare to the Nation. LOSERS!

Good Post

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Why would we join a new conference when BCF is enjoying a resurgence in overall attendance. Especially for GSU and SU in the Bayou Classic.

Now that GSU has expanded it's home game count to 4 plus the annual game in Shreveport, look for our conference affiliation to be unchanged. We have the flexibility in our scheduling to have out of conference games against MEAC, Southland, or an occassional D1 team.

Also, our association with schools within the SWAC extends beyond the field of athletic competition. We all share a unique history and common mission. That cannot be overlooked nor diminished in our own eyesight. We have survived all these years because our association and allegiance to each other. Let's keep it that way!

I agree with you 100% Homeboy!

why do folks want to say we're bringing the SWAC down? Last I checked we sent folks to the NCAA track championship, won a volleyball title, won a SWAC hoops tournament, won the first SWAC softball title, and finished third in the SWAC football standings last year.

You fools need to examine Valley and UAPB. What have they done lately? Those are losres.

Who said they will try to keep Alcorn? McNair is gone.

Also, what does keeping SU do for the conference as a whole? Do they pay higher fees or something to offset costs? Explain this to me. We could keep GSU and still get the Bayou Classic.

Losers,
Who you calling a losres, you loser. What or who has come out of PV? You guys get 1 step off the bottom and you wanna call somebody a loser, a position you held for over 10 years.

UAPB does not have the best program or the best fan support, but I'm sure that over the past 5 years, we do not sit at the bottom.

THAT WANT HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON... RUMORS RUN AMUCK...........

NESS

I'm not getting into the argument, but......

and finished third in the SWAC football standings last year.

Explain this.............

PV finished 3rd in football????Last year was 2001, not 1951!!!

Sperm we are not talking about football only, (oops, we smacked you this year) we are talking about programs as a whole. Your programs are the worst in everything, especially in recent years. If my knowledge is right, UAPB has not even won a SWAC title in anything during the second tenure.

Check, SWAC.org and click on individual team statistics. Go to PV and it says 3rd in the SWAC West.

Check, SWAC.org and click on individual team statistics. Go to PV and it says 3rd in the SWAC West.

There's a big difference between 3rd in the SWAC West and 3rd in the SWAC. Why would you brag on that :confused: :confused:

SU could leave, one less arrogant to school to deal with. How could school in the ghetto talk about other schools? :confused:

What does this have to do with sports????? I know PV is in a rural area and doesn't have a black urban area nearby; but, how many schools in a city don't have a black area near them (and not just black schools either - LSU, UofH for example). Why you wanna trash black folks? You stoop WAYYYYY LOW to try and bash SU.:mad:

Now...back to the original topic. I don't believe this is true. If SU or GSU did decide to leave the SWAC, I would hope that it would be to join other HBCU's to go to the next level. I don't see any benefit in leaving the SWAC to join up with another Div-IAA conference. SU has a lot of work to do before taking on the financial obligation of IA football (especiall with soccor coming into the SWAC next year - that's more scholarships, more coaches' salaries, more travel....). I see no benefit in leaving the SWAC at this time. Would the SWAC die if we left???? Of course not!!! The SWAC would simply look for another school to take our place and move on. The only way I would see great harm come to the SWAC is several schools left at once and didn't give the SWAC time to recruit new schools.

when you got 15 football scholarships and fare better thanseveral programs who are fully funded, why not brag? You only finished 1 place higher and your fully funded.

I'm not bashing SU, it's the truth. If they would leave I seriously doubt people would cry. They probably would have the pick of the litter when it comes to non-conference games if they go to a white, d-1 conference. Since 1-aa games don't count as bowl quality wins they would probably keep GSU and keep another 1-aa game that would produce similar numbers. JSU would be the most logical choice.

when you got 15 football scholarships and fare better thanseveral programs who are fully funded, why not brag? You only finished 1 place higher and your fully funded.

I'm not bashing SU, it's the truth. If they would leave I seriously doubt people would cry. They probably would have the pick of the litter when it comes to non-conference games if they go to a white, d-1 conference. Since 1-aa games don't count as bowl quality wins they would probably keep GSU and keep another 1-aa game that would produce similar numbers. JSU would be the most logical choice.

I'm not following you here. What's truth are you speaking of? I don't think that you are bashing SU when you say that the SWAC would not be fall apart if SU left. In fact I agree with you (and it is very rare that we agree). Now as for the ghetto part, I totally disagree with you. You were way out of line to bash "the ghetto". Again, what does The Black Northern Baton Rouge Area have to do with SU and sports?

Now as for your pride in a 3rd place finish in the West. I still don't get it....you only won 2 SWAC games and that was by beating 2 teams that you constantly dog (UAPB and Valley). Is this really something to brag about :confused: :confused:

Come to PV, experience what I've went through and you'll see why I feel this way. We should have defeated you all but you all pulled it out at the end. That's bragging in itself because you were supposed to run us out of BR.

UAPB and Valley have more scholarships so if you were a betting (wo)man wouldn't you pick them over us? If we beat the odds and fnish two plaves higher than picked, I'm bragging.

That North area fills up 50-percent of the East Side. SU should buy the land and do something good with it. TSU and JSU are doing the same thing.

Come to PV, experience what I've went through and you'll see why I feel this way. We should have defeated you all but you all pulled it out at the end. That's bragging in itself because you were supposed to run us out of BR.

UAPB and Valley have more scholarships so if you were a betting (wo)man wouldn't you pick them over us? If we beat the odds and fnish two plaves higher than picked, I'm bragging.

That North area fills up 50-percent of the East Side. SU should buy the land and do something good with it. TSU and JSU are doing the same thing.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

I'm sorry, but bowling, tennis, swimming, cross country, ping-pong, etc are not sports to brag about. These are not major sports. Most of us have not attended any of these games unless you were a player. Sad, but it is the truth, NOT ONLY IN THE SWAC.

But again, all SWAC teams suck in basketball. No program is good. But, that is not the case if football. PV football program is the worst program in the nation over the past 10 years. I don't think you guys have won a total of 10 games. So being the champions in chess or field hockey don't mean jack.

Since UAPB RE-joined the SWAC PV has only beat us ONCE!!! And prior to that win, the previous win was 1988!!! Beating a team once every decade is not good. Your program should be DROPPED.

Back