Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Jan 2010)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Update:

on december 22, 2009, a month before it premiered, it was announced that the show was renewed by starz for a second season.[8] however, on march 9, 2010, ign.com reported that production of season 2 had been delayed due to star whitfield being diagnosed with early-stage non-hodgkin lymphoma.[9] due to the delay, starz announced on may 11, 2010, that it is developing a six-episode prequel to spartacus: Blood and sand. The prequel will feature new and returning stars, headlining the roles of john hannah as batiatus, and lucy lawless as lucretia. Star andy whitfield will also briefly appear. Production begins in new zealand in the summer of 2010 and the prequel will air beginning january 2011.[10]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3i0f75039b1d6e00075b4b3083566a9e2b

Three Australian actors have joined the cast, including Dustin Clare in the lead role.
------
Clare ("Underbelly," "Satisfaction") will play Gannicus, the champion gladiator in the House of Batiatus before Spartacus came along.
------
In the prequel, Batiatus (John Hannah) is not yet the head of his family or of the gladiator training school. Gannicus is the lead gladiator in the Ludus, but the House of Batiatus hasn't earned social respect or the right for its gladiators to fight in championship bouts. Gannicus struggles to turn around the House's luck.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3i0f75039b1d6e00075b4b3083566a9e2b

Three Australian actors have joined the cast, including Dustin Clare in the lead role.
------
Clare ("Underbelly," "Satisfaction") will play Gannicus, the champion gladiator in the House of Batiatus before Spartacus came along.
------
In the prequel, Batiatus (John Hannah) is not yet the head of his family or of the gladiator training school. Gannicus is the lead gladiator in the Ludus, but the House of Batiatus hasn't earned social respect or the right for its gladiators to fight in championship bouts. Gannicus struggles to turn around the House's luck.

I hope they don't fock this up.....

Back