Soy Protein vs Whey Protein

5'8 160 vs 6'3 160.

You still dont get what im saying. I'm telling him that regardless of his height if he keeps eating at the rate he's eating he's going to end up fat as hell with very little muscle gained from it. He is gaining weight way too fast. You're not going to build muscle that quick so i'd bet 90% of all the weight he's put on at this point has been fat. Bodybuilders don't even bulk up that fast.

Get off the treadmills anyway.. Waste of time.

lol bullshit. Cardio is good for your heart no matter what size you are. And if he wasn't doing cardio lord knows how much weight he'd be gaining a week. Lifting doesn't make you healthy, cardio does though.

How many times a week?
Also I was that 6'0 160lb dude, and a trainer once told me to try and bulk up a little before doing any cardio. This way my gains wont be offset so bad, but to do cardio and weights at the same time, being as skinny as I was, would have a negative effect on any muscle gain in both looks and strength.

It amazes me how much broscience those trainers tend to give people...they tried to tell me the same thing. Yet, I run 5 miles 3 times a week and still put on mass with no problem. I guess it depends on your overall goal. For me, it's about more than just gaining mass. Doesn't do me much good to put on a whole lot of weight when, increasing your meals, you're also increasing your cholesterol and sodium....both of which are a thorn in the side of black folks. People tend to forget that aspect of it but just remember, many trainers/body builders don't give a damn about overall health as long as they're big. Not to mention the benefits of better breathing, better blood flow, stronger heart. At the rate Kenneth is gaining weight he needs to be doing more cardio than he's doing now or 6 months from now he's going to regret it after he does a cut and see how much fat vs muscle he gained. And keep in mind, protein powders contain just as much, and in many cares more, sodium/cholesterol than actual meat. Our situation doesn't = theirs.

lol bullshit. Cardio is good for your heart no matter what size you are. And if he wasn't doing cardio lord knows how much weight he'd be gaining a week. Lifting doesn't make you healthy, cardio does though.

I didn't say cardio was bad. I encourage him to do cardio. Treadmills just suck. You are much better off doing sprints or High Intensity Cardio or Jogging. Man, I will never touch a treadmill again a day in my life. I started doing insanity last summer and I have now shifted into some other workouts.

It amazes me how much broscience those trainers tend to give people...they tried to tell me the same thing. Yet, I run 5 miles 3 times a week and still put on mass with no problem. I guess it depends on your overall goal. For me, it's about more than just gaining mass. Doesn't do me much good to put on a whole lot of weight when, increasing your meals, you're also increasing your cholesterol and sodium....both of which are a thorn in the side of black folks. People tend to forget that aspect of it but just remember, many trainers/body builders don't give a damn about overall health as long as they're big. Not to mention the benefits of better breathing, better blood flow, stronger heart. At the rate Kenneth is gaining weight he needs to be doing more cardio than he's doing now or 6 months from now he's going to regret it after he does a cut and see how much fat vs muscle he gained. And keep in mind, protein powders contain just as much, and in many cares more, sodium/cholesterol than actual meat. Our situation doesn't = theirs.

I had running, biking or jogging for extended periods of time. You can thank Mark Salter for that. He had us running entire practices and the entire campus for conditioning during the regular season and off-season. Probably explains why my metabolism was so high, and the little fat I gained was quickly burned off.

With that said, how can I still do cardio without risking losing weight?

I had running, biking or jogging for extended periods of time. You can thank Mark Salter for that. He had us running entire practices and the entire campus for conditioning during the regular season and off-season. Probably explains why my metabolism was so high, and the little fat I gained was quickly burned off.

Honestly, if you are eating right, and lifting, you should be okay. I suggest sprints to keep in shape and because they build muscle. Look at sprinters vs distance runners in the olympics..
I hate running anything over 200k personally. I will occasionally run a mile though.

Get off the treadmills anyway.. Waste of time.

I am with Cee, why?? They do me good!! I love treadmills/steppers... As a former football and track collegiate athlete, who has some knee, ankle injuries, I find it to work best for me...

I am with Cee, why?? They do me good!! I love treadmills/steppers... As a former football and track collegiate athlete, who has some knee, ankle injuries, I find it to work best for me...

I think steppers are better than treadmills.

You're already gaining too much weight too quick as i've pointed out multiple times already. Cardio should be the least of your concerns at this point.

Back