Soy Protein vs Whey Protein

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
I made a switch to Soy protein about two months ago. I will say it has definitely assisted my slimming process. I am not sure of the difference except soy is a veggie based protein.

How exactly does protein help you slim? Are you talking about retaining muscle mass while you cut or what?

How exactly does protein help you slim? Are you talking about retaining muscle mass while you cut or what?

Pure Protein comes with a lot less of that extra stuff you gone get from a steak man. Plus, it will have less salt and your body will be able to digest it quicker. Yep, I am talking about retaining muscle while cutting. I still workout animal style with good weight. Once, I shifted my diet, it made a big difference. I am down to 235 from 252 since September...

I do protein shakes for breakfast but I end up with a really late lift, I will drink one at night. It is not good to eat meat that close to the time you go to bed.

I've been drinking whey protein,combined with a solid workout plan and a good diet, and I'm up 16 pounds since September.

I've been drinking whey protein,combined with a solid workout plan and a good diet, and I'm up 16 pounds since September.

That is gaining weight WAY too damn fast. You're supposed to gain a couple of pounds a month at most. Even with a good workout plan most of the weight you're putting on is going to be fat and you're going to have to do a hell of a cut when you're done. You shouldn't be aiming to gain anything more than along the lines of a half a pound a week lol. 16 pounds in 2 months? Essentially that's 2 pounds a week..wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

That is gaining weight WAY too damn fast. You're supposed to gain a couple of pounds a month at most. Even with a good workout plan most of the weight you're putting on is going to be fat and you're going to have to do a hell of a cut when you're done. You shouldn't be aiming to gain anything more than along the lines of a half a pound a week lol. 16 pounds in 2 months? Essentially that's 2 pounds a week..wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

Kendrick is a VERY skinny dude from what he's said in the past.

But 16 pounds in less than three months is a lot, no matter how much you're lifting and eating. And the dates really depend on his "actual days", so it might be more like two months.

That actually makes it worse. I cut down from like 240 to 160 before I started bulking and I can tell you firsthand he's gonna get fat if he keeps gaining at that rate, working out or not. It's recommended at at MOST you aim for a pound a week, definitely not two. To be putting on that much weight he has to be eating 7,000 calories OVER his maintenance every week lol. Kendrick you'd best slow down asap or you gonna end up skinny fat lol. I bet he isn't even keeping up with his calories just drinking the hell out of those protein shakes.

I'm only 5'8 and I was fat, had literally no muscle under there. I had to go Auschwitz mode just to get to my base before I could even think about putting mass on. Otherwise I would've just ended up like those dudes in the gym that have huge upper bodies and a gut.

I'm only 5'8 and I was fat, had literally no muscle under there. I had to go Auschwitz mode just to get to my base before I could even think about putting mass on. Otherwise I would've just ended up like those dudes in the gym that have huge upper bodies and a gut.

my old roommate did the liquid diet and dropped from 330 to 250 in three months. His skin looked horrible though. It took him like three years to get that skin stuff under control.

Before I moved to Tulsa, I was 147-149. Being 6-3, that's not a good look. Now, I'm 162-164. Here is what I did: I drank the protein shakes for about a couple weeks. Then I went to the weight gainer and creatine. And I've been eating everything in sight to get to 3,000 calories a day. And yes, I've unfortunately noticed I'm developing the Usain Bolt mid section.

Before I took on this task, I really hadnt been a bulk eater. 2-3 meals a day was about the average. Now I'm up significantly more combined with the supplements.

5'8 160 vs 6'3 160.

Very limited cardio. No more than 10 minutes on the bike or treadmill.

How many times a week?
Also I was that 6'0 160lb dude, and a trainer once told me to try and bulk up a little before doing any cardio. This way my gains wont be offset so bad, but to do cardio and weights at the same time, being as skinny as I was, would have a negative effect on any muscle gain in both looks and strength.

How many times a week?
Also I was that 6'0 160lb dude, and a trainer once told me to try and bulk up a little before doing any cardio. This way my gains wont be offset so bad, but to do cardio and weights at the same time, being as skinny as I was, would have a negative effect on any muscle gain in both looks and strength.

Yeah, I've heard similar things, too.

Some say do cardio after weights, before or not at all or maybe once or twice a week.

Probably need to add 10 to 15 more minutes...

I was in the gym one day and one of the cats I know saw me on the treadmill and was like, "Why are you doing cardio? You're already skinny as hell?" That kinda made me think twice about it.

Back