Southland May blow up

🤣 Should I be surprised that the poster TexasTerror (I think that is his screen name) has not commented in this thread? Ain't he the Southland Conference guy?

He has plenty to say over there on AGS about it.

Oh. Ok. Thanks. I might check them out. Or not. LOL!!!

Don't do it lol.

Trust me it is good in short doses only lol. No need to go over there this year with no football.

You'll get agitated real quick with the passive aggressive racism and the pick me MEAC folks over there lol.

Those AGS folks were overjoyed when the MEAC gave up their autobid for the Celebration Bowl for a more "worthy team" in their faces yet were telling them "oh we miss you in the FCS playoffs". That is until a 6-5 Western Illinois team made the playoffs or when A&T went undefeated and we were telling them that their playoffs were illegimate lol. The SWAC folks don't care what we post over there lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this will never happen, but one of my friends at SELA asked me this question and it got me thinking. Lets say the Southland does disband, and ULM decides to move just football back down to fcs, and the Louisiana Schools create their own conference
McNeese, SELA, Nicholls, NWST, ULM (football) UNO, and recruit LSU-Shreveport(long shot), would Grambling and Southern leave the SWAC but still play SWAC schools.

I know this will never happen, but one of my friends at SELA asked me this question and it got me thinking. Lets say the Southland does disband, and ULM decides to move just football back down to fcs, and the Louisiana Schools create their own conference
McNeese, SELA, Nicholls, NWST, ULM (football) UNO, and recruit LSU-Shreveport(long shot), would Grambling and Southern leave the SWAC but still play SWAC schools.

What does that league offer we don’t have? A Louisiana Southland is worse off than the swac

Hell no.

hell to the no.

LSU-Shreveport would have to leave NAIA and then move to D-I. That’s gonna cost money.

UNO isn’t going to add football.

and Southern/Grambling would LOOOOOOSE money going to a Louisiana Southland

Hell No!

If the Texas schools leave. Would the SWAC offer the LA schools a invite (SELA, MCNEESE, NWST, NICHOLLS)
giphy.gif

The WAC is trying to make sure they get 6 qualified schools so they can get that autobid by adding SUU and now Weber State with the 4 Texas schools since Tarleton St and Dixie St will be transitioning into FCS.

🤣 Should I be surprised that the poster TexasTerror (I think that is his screen name) has not commented in this thread? Ain't he the Southland Conference guy?
Exciting times to say the least

sometimes it’s nice to take a bit of a risk. I believe this one is worth taking and certainly the Texas institutions are aligning with those who share similar athletic aspirations.

They probably can get an NCAA waiver for the FCS playoff situation though adding another team won’t be a bad thing for filling in schedule.

What’s left of the SLC will still schedule the departing schools to save $$$ - I’m not too concerned about scheduling.

Man any school in the SWAC would be silly to entertain a move to the Southland. Don’t throw a life line to another conference.

Exciting times to say the least

sometimes it’s nice to take a bit of a risk. I believe this one is worth taking and certainly the Texas institutions are aligning with those who share similar athletic aspirations.

They probably can get an NCAA waiver for the FCS playoff situation though adding another team won’t be a bad thing for filling in schedule.

What’s left of the SLC will still schedule the departing schools to save $$$ - I’m not too concerned about scheduling.

Well, only time will tell. These are trying times for everyone in all aspects of our lives. But, hopefully this too shall pass. Oh, and welcome back. Don't make yourself a stranger. 😄

Back