Southern would DROP OUT the SWAC if Casem came?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, let him talk himself to death. Everyone knows of his hatred for Southern. However, with some much to do in "NEARBY" Houston, why can't anyone include the areas around Baton Rouge BP? Your school is not in downtown Houston.

It's okay though. To prove his points, he used two Texas Southern events and Prairie View basketball, when their winning. He claims PV, but uses TSU to prove a point about differences between SU and PV? It's easy to see his hatred, which makes him utter stupid statements.

I wonder why he didn't tell us about PV football against a school other than Southern, Grambling, or Texas Southern? One is a classic, the other, the visiting team brings fans to Houston and the other one is a rivalry game. Otherwise, PV brings in jack**** to any other game and wishes for 19,000 fans.

To illustrate his points, he uses the Heritage Bowl of 1999 (going to watch Hampton, a team that Southern had played before and had nothing to gain by winning, especially after winning the SCG (Birmingham) and the Bayou Classic (New Orleans)). Does he think we are made of money?

And a TSU-SU game from last season, I assume. Why didn't you use our road game at Tulane or Jackson State? He picked "one" game that would work for his point.

This cat is sorry and so is his school.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SU Jag 79, if my school is "so" sorry we would not have dumped our hoops coach, school president, baseball coach, etc. We would have brought out some recycled coach (like Jobe) and paid him a few dollars to bring our program back to mediocrity. That is sorry. Instead, we went out and hired a "real" coach who knows how to recruit, handle the hoops business and put our program on the map. We look ahead, do don't recycle. You lame azzes and UAPB will keep our conference RPI ratings down and you will be the sole reason we're stick in that damn play-in game.

Football is changing also, our "sorry" school sure had you on the ropes last year. Fan support is going to come back but you stupid fools from Red Stck fail to realize it is hell to compete for crowds in Houston when you got a cheaper product like Texas HS football going on at the same time. When a HS that usually feeds PV plays their rival school on the same night that will get priority. BR does not play games on Saturday and kids who like football have no choice but to go to SU or LSU games.

There are ways around it but I am not in position to increase attendance as of yet.

as for the JSU game, I was there and JSU fans outdrew you all. All you do is put fans desperate to get out town on a charter bus and drive to a stadium. That would be hard to do in a metropolitan city.

TSU fans know the reason. Winning would not exactly cure all evils either.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
SU Jag 79, if my school is "so" sorry we would not have dumped our hoops coach, school president, baseball coach, etc. We would have brought out some recycled coach (like Jobe) and paid him a few dollars to bring our program back to mediocrity. That is sorry. Instead, we went out and hired a "real" coach who knows how to recruit, handle the hoops business and put our program on the map. We look ahead, do don't recycle. You lame azzes and UAPB will keep our conference RPI ratings down and you will be the sole reason we're stick in that damn play-in game.

Football is changing also, our "sorry" school sure had you on the ropes last year. Fan support is going to come back but you stupid fools from Red Stck fail to realize it is hell to compete for crowds in Houston when you got a cheaper product like Texas HS football going on at the same time. When a HS that usually feeds PV plays their rival school on the same night that will get priority. BR does not play games on Saturday and kids who like football have no choice but to go to SU or LSU games.

There are ways around it but I am not in position to increase attendance as of yet.

as for the JSU game, I was there and JSU fans outdrew you all. All you do is put fans desperate to get out town on a charter bus and drive to a stadium. That would be hard to do in a metropolitan city.

You do more talk about S.U. then you do your own school. Wondering..........is S.U. always on your mind! :rolleyes:

SAD and SMALLTIME :rolleyes:

Please post why UT and Texas A&M do not have problems drawing people from Houston to "DRIVE" to their games on campus when they " the white folks" have kids involved in sports, band, cheerleading, etc on Saturday too? I guess Katy HS fans diss A&M and UT on every Saturday too.

Man you are lame ass hell. I've been to Houston HS games and only a hand full of those HS schools pack the house. And there is not a rival game every Saturday anyway. They do play some of those games on Friday. Also stop blaming Baton Rouge for being just like some other cities with only college games on Saturday. FAMU and FSU are in the same situation we and LSU are. Just like a lot of schools. Another thing is this. PV's games are not that expensive. These kids have money for everything else. Plus your students shouldn't be your whole crowd anyway. All you guys got to do is fill up 6,000 seats. Even the AU schools in Atlanta where there is way more to do than Houston (especially for black folk) can get more fans than you cats. BTW HS ball is played on Saturdays here too. So go sell those lies to someone who do not know.

Most of the PV alums I worked with at NASA didn't even have kids playing ball or were going to HS in Houston, and still didn't go to your games except for HC. It was because you don't win. And the old heads got tired of seeing you guys humilated every week. That's why they do not come. But all my "white co-workers" there had several kids in HS and such, but were always going to UT and A&M games. Hell those Aggie fools would diss their kids HS games for their own. Saying they would catch little Johnny next week. But Nebraska is coming to College Station and those fools would gone on Friday. So stop coming on here and telling folks that you don't draw due to HS football games in Houston. Houston has 4 million folks in the metro area and not all those Houston black folk go to HS games. I can name a list of Black HS in Houston that do not draw squat to games. Just like PV. From what I see here. The ATL HS draw better than Houston HS. Especially the black HS's.

Please post why UT and Texas A&M do not have problems drawing people from Houston to "DRIVE" to their games on campus when they " the white folks" have kids involved in sports, band, cheerleading, etc on Saturday too? I guess Katy HS fans diss A&M and UT on every Saturday too.

with hundreds of thousands of alumni, 40K students, millions of dollars invested, a military tradition that has been embraced by all, lifetime season ticket holders along with Big 12 membership, those folks will never have a problem drawing fans. A lot of white schools have Friday night games so their on the road after their game. Houston ISD (which is one of Prairie View's main feeders) will have the Saturday night games due to the abundance of schools. A lot of those parents with PV ties (the few that are left) won't even get out of the house. I won't even begin to start on suburban black folks who stay around HWY 6.

Most of the PV alums I worked with at NASA didn't even have kids playing ball or were going to HS in Houston, and still didn't go to your games except for HC. It was because you don't win. And the old heads got tired of seeing you guys humilated every week. That's why they do not come. But all my "white co-workers" there had several kids in HS and such, but were always going to UT and A&M games. Hell those Aggie fools would diss their kids HS games for their own. Saying they would catch little Johnny next week. But Nebraska is coming to College Station and those fools would gone on Friday. So stop coming on here and telling folks that you don't draw due to HS football games in Houston.

That's the problem right there. Old heads get fed and won't do squat to improve their own program. Knowing how tight a lot of are with cash they'll continue to watch HS football instead - especially if it is close to people's homes. SU was not exactly setting the world on fire in the 80s but they still drew because they are in Baton Roue and HS games are NOT played on Saturday. That right there leaves tons of kids with something to fall back on.

So stop coming on here and telling folks that you don't draw due to HS football games in Houston. Houston has 4 million folks in the metro area and not all those Houston black folk go to HS games.
TSU is in the same boat as us and they are IN Houston. When they went 7-0 folks did not turn out in droves. Black folks are not white folks, just because we got a degree from a HBCU does not mean we are thankful for it. Another thing, when your a school who does not FORCE the 5,000 or so students to games that has a lot to do with it. SU has a no stayin in dorm policy on home games.

BP

Dress it up any way you want, but the bottom line is that the majority of your fans don't support you because they already know the outcome of the game. I'm not just saying that yall are a bunch of sorry losers, I'm just saying that yall are a bunch of sorry losers!

DEAL WITH IT!</font></h5>

according to your logic, if we beat you in anything what does that make you

I'll bet my left leg if Prairie View was in Baton Rouge we would draw very well. PLus we would get state funding for athletics also.

D-Town

Ain't isht to do in Houston on a saturday night. I used to ask folks out here why don't they support TSU and PV football games. And damn near every response was... "For what, they gonna lose anyway!". I have even had one brotha (A TSU alumn at that) to tell me that it was a damn shame for Southern to bring all those people just for a football game. I just shook my head.

BP

You would lose that leg potna!

Deal With It!</font></h5>

If you all keep trying to embarass the band fan, I will jump in.

BTW, the band fan always bring up some great topics.

Hey, the band fan maybe you ought to just tell JR that income determines the attendance at games. :D

according to your logic, if we beat you in anything what does that make you

I'll bet my left leg if Prairie View was in Baton Rouge we would draw very well. PLus we would get state funding for athletics also.

State funding for athletics? The state of LA does not finance athletics. You can get a little bit of money here and there to include in your capital outlay program for structural improvements to buildings but we are on our own in getting money for the athletic program. In fact, the bulk of the burden falls upon the football program since it is the main source of revenue. SU's athletic program has been self supporting for years. I'm not following you....what point are you trying to make? :confused:

2YM, your structure is set up differently than ours. I don't know by how much but you can finance your athletic departments or athletic facilities through state funding somehow. I remember once where it said your football stadium or something related to the stadium is a result of state funding. I don't remember specifics but it was there. Wasn't your activity center renovation part of that also? If what I said is true, all you got to worry about is scholarships and minor renovations.

Someone said we only need to get 6,000 fans at a game. If we could force the 3,000 or so on campus students to stay maybe we can approach that mark easily. Again, SU FORCES all on-campus students to leave their dorm to ensure the students tickets are accounted for at the gate.

As for Baton Rouge and Houston, Houston is a big melting pot of different folks. BR is just a pot. SU football on Saturday night is the thing to do because all else revolves around it. We all know the club opens AFTER the game. With very limited recreational activites in BR, what else is there to do? SU is the only thing some people identify with or live their life for in BR. I am not hating but that is the truth. Wish we had non-alumni do the same but it ain't gonna happen with a 1-AA school in Texas. I am not going to even start on Sam Houston or SFA, their attendance is the pits and they win!

D-town, your ig'nant also. What does the A&M in Southern stand for?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I know you DUMPED them, but your school is SORRY because HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO DO IT man? Answer that! All you can resort to is Jobe. What about other positions? Well, when Kimble was being pushed out, they didn't get a retread. They got a four-time SWAC Champion in Rihcardson. When bowling came on the scene, they got a two-time champion in Couvillion. They had sense to keep annual champions Thomas and Cador. You talk about ONE sport that you seem to be woking your way back into, but how long ago was it that it was YOUR pitiful asses that were bringing down the conference RPI?

Football is changing also, our "sorry" school sure had you on the ropes last year. Fan support is going to come back WHEN? Ain't seen it yet? but you stupid fools from Red Stck fail to realize it is hell to compete for crowds in Houston when you got a cheaper product like Texas HS football going on at the same time. When a HS that usually feeds PV plays their rival school on the same night that will get priority. Damn, this happens EVERY SATURDAY in Texas? Even before district play where you are playing teams that may be in your area, but NOT in your district and probably not a rival? BR does not play games on Saturday and kids who like football have no choice but to go to SU or LSU games. So, I guess BR children don't have cable where they can watch games from the ACC, SEC, Big Ten, or Pac-10, right? You are pure bull****!

There are ways around it but I am not in position to increase attendance as of yet. You gonna do it by yourself? What took you so long? :lmao:

as for the JSU game, I was there and JSU fans outdrew you all. All you do is put fans desperate to get out town on a charter bus and drive to a stadium. That would be hard to do in a metropolitan city. What about fans desperate to get out of Prairie View, Texas? PV isn't exactly metropolitian, but face this: Your "fans" DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU!

Cry me a damn river. If you school is NOT sorry, they would know that you have to market your team in order to get people there. Hell, how the hell would you market a periennal loser in PV and a annual slacker in Texas Southern. Houston is supposed to be so metropolitian, but you can't get yourselves in the newspaper, can't get on the news, and are getting beat for coverage by teams in Dallas, Lubbock, College Station and Austin..... and you are in Houston or nearby? THAT SHOWS THAT PV sucks.

BTW, EVERYONE OUTNUMBERS YOU at your games. That's how pitiful PV is right now. :lmao:

Someone said we only need to get 6,000 fans at a game. If we could force the 3,000 or so on campus students to stay maybe we can approach that mark easily. Again, SU FORCES all on-campus students to leave their dorm to ensure the students tickets are accounted for at the gate.

This is BULL**** ! One, as a former student on SU's campus and in the residence halls (1997-2001), this is an all-out lie and just continues to show your hatred for Southern. Southern students are only pushed out of the dorms during HOLIDAYS. Plus, if they did push Southern students out during Saturday HOME games, what would make all of them go to the game? While you may say all we have is football on Saturday night, and you are dead wrong, all of these students DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL GENIUS! And, that, in no way, is the BULK of our game night crowd by any means.

The only way they could count all of these kids as patrons at the game and in our attendance is if they actually came to the game and GOT IN with their ID cards. Otherwise, they will NOT be counted and are probably somewhere else getting ready for a party, watching a game somewhere else (TV, we have those you know.), or doing a few of the other things one CAN do in Baton Rouge.

This is BULL**** ! One, as a former student on SU's campus and in the residence halls (1997-2001), this is an all-out lie and just continues to show your hatred for Southern.
I guess all that knocking on the doors in Jones Hall and big signs that say get out by 5 p.m. is a figment of my imagination? :rolleyes:

Houston is supposed to be so metropolitian, but you can't get yourselves in the newspaper, can't get on the news, and are getting beat for coverage by teams in Dallas, Lubbock, College Station and Austin..... and you are in Houston or nearby?
WE get on the news and we're in the paper. Thae fact is that 1-AA football ain't the paper's main coverage areas. Sam Houston won their conference, went to the 1-aa playoffs and had a NFL draft pick and still received pitiful coverage by the daily paper. TSU went 7-0 two years and was virtually non-existant. Your point? Ain't much comp. when it comes to the Advocate. Appreciate your in a small market.

Blu Panther, maybe if you were an advocate for Prairie View the way you are a hater of SU, you could lend a hand in turning things around at your school/alma mater. Turn all the negative energy that you waste on researching Southern and turn it into positive energy for Prairie View. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and one more thing.....

How in the world are you gonna call D-Town ignant? You are one sick and simple individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back