Southern would DROP OUT the SWAC if Casem came?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

Originally posted by Blu Panther
He may be bright and this and that but what if the new commissioner has someone just as good, maybe better with more connections?

You may need to check out what the Alabama Sports Foundation does, because it's evident that you don't know the connections that they have and Jay was a major player in those said connections.

I think this was two steps forward in the right direction for the SWAC. If what things go the way I think they are going. The SWAC may be ready to do things more efficiently. Just don't hire Harris (Former MEAC Commissioner). That's all I'm gonna ask of the Presidents. I have no comments on why.

I don't know who this guy is and I hear how great he his but again what if the new commish had someone in mind who was better? That hire was odd to say the least in that it came right before another big change would occur.

Honestly, I've never heard of this sports foundation. What organization is it similar to in Texas?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Blu Panther, James Frank had the ok of the SWAC presidents to hire someone in that position before the new commish was announced. Why? I don't know, but I'm sure it was a good reason. Lets talk about what he can do for the conference now. OK, without a commissioner in place and SWAC media day coming up, who is gonna spear head setting up this event or promoting it? I doubt we will have a commissioner by August 2, don't you? I'm just throwing out questions so all of this is hypothetical. But let's be real here, what type of advantage does Frank get by hiring Jay Roberson? Once a new commissioner is hired he can't fire Roberson. Where's the control?

we did not really have a commish last year and the media guy was just starting so Lonza Hardy ran the event last year. It went smooth to say the least so expect the same deal this year.

I just hope the new commish and the staff see eye to eye so we can get stuff done in a timely matter. I already heard these fools at the office are trying to eliminate four teams from the basketball tournament.

My only concern is that now that Roberson is on board he might have a small say on who gets the position. Since his position is high profile, I sure doubt he would want someone who won't see eye to eye with him.

If they hired Roberson to a major role, then I agree with Blu Panther.

A lame duck, interim commissioner should not be doing any major hiring on his way out the door.

The Hand Writing is on the Wall..............

With the SWAC dragging its feet and with Frank hiring Roberson............

The job is Frank's already. I think the (backdoor) decision has been made and only the annoucement is left to give.

I would be very surprised if it goes to anybody else at this point.

Think about it.....if Roberson is as good as advertised, Frank will stay in the role long enough for Roberson to get "experience" and then move into the commish's role. This also gives the Presidents time to get "comfortable" with him.

SWAC S.O.P. (Standard Operating Procedures)

Regards.

Looking at that list, why would a Grambling president who was ousted make the list? Isn't the school having accounting and scholastic problems now? That is odd the committee would even consider a guy like this.

Where did you read that Gram is having scholastic problems?:confused:

Good one GT...I missed that erroneous statement by BluPanther.

As for Favor, all the problems at GSU were not his fault. He had requested the board hiring of a financial comptroller, but was never given the resources to do just that. A lot of the Accounting and financial problems happened prior to his arrival, and once there he was not given the proper assistance in correcting them.

Not an endorsement of him as Swac Commissioner, but just my attempt to show a clearer picture of his background and the events at GSU.

Where did you read that Gram is having scholastic problems?

the newspaper. been in the headlines for months. Since his name is connected with the problems, he is a risk.

As for Roberson, Frank should "recommend" the job to the next commish and put the marbles in his basket. If Roberson is as good as they say the next commish will be glad to bring him on board. Planting him there before the top guy is hired is questionable in my book.

?????????????????

I can't understand the problem of finding someone with NEW/FRESH ideas with plenty of enthusiasm and Marketing capabilities that is required for The SWAC to get it's share of TV exposure/revenues and the ENERGY to get things done.

It's time for the retreads and those without any 'outside of the box' Vision of the future for The SWAC to move over and yeild to someone who is not caught up in their own self aggrandizement. This Conference needs someone who does not consider themselves bigger than the SWAC as a whole. We need a person who is an Administrator as well as being an effective Negotiator. We need someone who is polished enough to put together a sales pitch or be able to go to some marketing organization for a sales pitch geared towards Major-Corporation Sponsorships and financial backing for TV contracts.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Good one GT...I missed that erroneous statement by BluPanther.

As for Favor, all the problems at GSU were not his fault. He had requested the board hiring of a financial comptroller, but was never given the resources to do just that. A lot of the Accounting and financial problems happened prior to his arrival, and once there he was not given the proper assistance in correcting them.

Not an endorsement of him as Swac Commissioner, but just my attempt to show a clearer picture of his background and the events at GSU.

:confused: :rolleyes:

Steve Favors was never accused of theft he just had no backing when it came to the changes in the accounting system. Now back to the original thread there has been talk of a reginol conference with several schools from Louisiana, Ark,MISS,Texas.

SU can leave, I woud not care. I hope they would have fun in a "regional" conference with Arkansas State, NE Louisiana, etc. :lmao:

After football season SU is useless anyway. Their fan support drops off tremendously

SU can leave, I woud not care. I hope they would have fun in a "regional" conference with Arkansas State, NE Louisiana, etc. :lmao:

After football season SU is useless anyway. Their fan support drops off tremendously

You may not care but you should. SU leaving might be the nail in the coffin of the SWAC. SU leaving the SWAC would create a snowball effect. Who would want to remain with the like of PV, Valley, and what ever weak Program you would replace SU with.

BTW, tell me who fan support beside PV (who has no support in nothing) is not less after football season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by AAMU
If Southern leaves the SWAC where would they go? To the Southland Conference? Tenn. State would replace Southern in the West .

I doubt if Southern would create a snowball effect if they left the SWAC. Why would any other SWAC school leave the conference if Southern left?

BTW, tell me who fan support beside PV (who has no support in nothing) is not less after football season

with SU gone there is less cheating for one thing. Where are you when football season ends? You need to check out a PV basketball game, a TSU relays or even TSU baseball games.

The TSU relays are probably the highest attended track meet in the conference. SU sure flocks to it. Smokes that crap called the Pelican relays. The TSU-PV basketball games draw well when winning occurs - and that will happen again next year.

PV has support in nothing? I hate misinformed folks. SU football is what it is because there is JACK SHAT to do in Baton Rouge on a Saturday. A lot of folks can't get or afford LSU tickets so they follow the next best thing to feel aprt of something.

First of all Blu lets get this straight PV is not in Houston okay its not even in a suburb of Houston so stop claiming H-town like it's yours. Second of all SWAC official are bad but Southern has never had or ever will have to cheat PV in anything, and dude your Hate for SU blinds from debating any issuse on its merits alone.

DR. NAIM AKBAR SEND HELP!:lmao: :mad: :bawling:

PV is not in Houston okay its not even in a suburb of Houston so stop claiming H-town like it's yours.

The majority of our alumni and supporters reside in Houston. Our bigger games are played in Houston so we claim it. Technically, it can be called a suburb of Houston because the suburbs has literally extended out to where PV is.

Now we know your problem. You hate yourself. You got to be the most misinformed person on the planet if you believe SU fan support in football is because the lack of things to do in Baton Rouge. Believe me what ever is happening in Houston I can find similar or better entertainment within a 100mile radius of Baton Rouge.

Tickets to an SU football game are a hot item regardless where the game played. To suggest LSU has something to do with SU fan support is just ignorant (ok I will be P.C. ? badly uninformed). Getting LSU tickets is not impossible, and I know the 10 to 12,000 season book holders of SU tickets could just as well purchase LSU tickets.

Stop making excuse why Houston PV Alums don?t come to games. It just unfortunate that Texas High School Football is more entertaining then watching a scrub team like PV.

Believe me what ever is happening in Houston I can find similar or better entertainment within a 100 mile radius of Baton Rouge.

Tickets to an SU football game are a hot item regardless where the game played.

Bullsh:t. If that was the case there would have been more than 19,000 fans in attendance during last year's TSU and SU game. Where were the fans during the 99 Heritage Bowl? I know those were hot tickets.

Why do you have to extend the radius outside BR? Your point is moot with that. You know there is jack to do in Baton Rouge. LSU tickets are not impossible to get? I am talking about the real tickets with a great view, not those nose bleed seats that sit 2,000 feet up.

SU football is not exactly GOD. You folks think it is. PV football is better for the average fan because you do not have to be among the aristocrat Jag fans.

D-town, please leave. You probably attend 1 game a year and thats only for party purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back