Southern vs Grambling Game Updates: 1:30 pm CT

Fobbs might fire the defensive staff too. That defense has been old skool for a while they need some new blood on defense. The O. Line looks terrible but they have looked this way all year. No way you go into the fall with confidence in this staff.
He gotta do something! That defense was once again out of position. Forget the wide open passes but watch the run plays that gashed up the middle of Our defense. Off tackle plays worked for big gains. 3rd and 21 cannot get converted on your defense!

He gotta do something! That defense was once again out of position. Forget the wide open passes but watch the run plays that gashed up the middle of Our defense. Off tackle plays worked for big gains. 3rd and 21 cannot get converted on your defense!
Yea I agree and the style of defense is not normal. Guys are easily out of gaps because if the way the defense is set up. I don’t know what else those guys can do. Majority of not all the staff has been there for a long time. Some since Fobbs got there. It’s about time for a change Fobbs need new blood. They need a traditional sound scheme

Yea I agree and the style of defense is not normal. Guys are easily out of gaps because if the way the defense is set up. I don’t know what else those guys can do. Majority of not all the staff has been there for a long time. Some since Fobbs got there. It’s about time for a change Fobbs need new blood. They need a traditional sound scheme
I long stop blaming kid in that system cause they only doin why they told. Much like the crazy ass cushion the secondary gives and then the DB coach screams and hollers when kids give up underneath stuff.Theydoin what he tells them. Can’t expect closing speeds of a Gotdayum cheetah if you playing 10 and15yds off. Everybody can’t run the 3-3-5 unles they absolutely have the personnel year in and year out to plug kids in.

Im gonna chill tho🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Stop coming over here with MEAC on your breath for all the a** kissing and give SU credit for dominating a rival on national TV. That's what good teams do

They dominated JSU, TxSU and now Grambling. They came back on a good UAPB team.

Skelton wins his 3rd straight BC MVP

All Valley guy. This has nothing to do about not giving SU props. They beat the hell out of a discombobulated program the way the should have. I just refuse to act as if we just witnessed SU beating a team with a pulse. Hell, your half FCS program in Ita Bena would have destroyed that mess of a team we saw on NBC today. GSU had no chance today.

I long stop blaming kid in that system cause they only doin why they told. Much like the crazy ass cushion the secondary gives and then the DB coach screams and hollers when kids give up underneath stuff.Theydoin what he tells them. Can’t expect closing speeds of a Gotdayum cheetah if you playing 10 and15yds off. Everybody can’t run the 3-3-5 unles they absolutely have the personnel year in and year out to plug kids in.

Im gonna chill tho🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
Yea the 3-3-5 would be ok if it wasn’t 3 guys in 1 gap at times. Seems like when the ball snap they just go wherever. They need traditional offense and defense. Orlando walked away now it’s time for the DC to do so.

Fobbs will be ok..he just needs to make some changes to his staff.

Fobbs will be ok..he just needs to make some changes to his staff.
Not necessarily make changes to his staff! I think his staff is fine, save a new OC! When you're missing 12 players, mostly starters, you're facing a difficult proposition. He was going against a team that was clicking on all cylinders, a team that was superior to his in every aspect. Truth is, there is not a single SWAC team that could beat SU TODAY, not UAPB, not AAMU, not one. Bar none, SU, as of today, is the most complete, most physical, most dominant team in the conference. This truth would probably help to explain why SU is the highest ranking SWAC program in a major FCS poll.

Not necessarily make changes to his staff! I think his staff is fine, save a new OC! When you're missing 12 players, mostly starters, you're facing a difficult proposition. He was going against a team that was clicking on all cylinders, a team that was superior to his in every aspect. Truth is, there is not a single SWAC team that could beat SU TODAY, not UAPB, not AAMU, not one. Bar none, SU, as of today, is the most complete, most physical, most dominant team in the conference. This truth would probably help to explain why SU is the highest ranking SWAC program in a major FCS poll.
If you paid attention, SU also had about 12 starters out for the spring.

The truth is in reality. To quote Bill Parcells, "you are who your record says you are", and PB proved it on the field against Southern. What's up with this "week later" argument? Y'all better than this.

The truth is in reality. To quote Bill Parcells, "you are who your record says you are", and PB proved it on the field against Southern. What's up with this "week later" argument? Y'all better than this.
I've already given props to both UAPB and AAMU for their accomplishments this spring season. Nothing can take that away from you! My comments were tantamount to "thinking out loud" about what I believe "could have been" as it relateas to my school. It is what any of you would have considered about your own school if your school found itself in the position SU currently occupies. Don't look at it as a "week later argument," but rather, I guess, as nothing more than a published analysis of my school's missteps in navigating through this unusual season. Again, both participants in this spring's championship game are well deserving, and I wouldn't take that away from you by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

SU and Pine Bluff are both complete football teams. Just my opinion, we are getting there. Our defense held South Carolina State to 7 and Bama State to 14 (all in the 1st half). That 43 that JSU scored concurs with us being inconsistent. I strongly believe that Coach Maynor will get us to consistency on both sides of the ball. However, until the defense can catch up with the offense, we can only hope for a high scoring game. Props to SU and Pine Bluff for good seasons.

SU and Pine Bluff are both complete football teams. Just my opinion, we are getting there. Our defense held South Carolina State to 7 and Bama State to 14 (all in the 1st half). That 43 that JSU scored concurs with us being inconsistent. I strongly believe that Coach Maynor will get us to consistency on both sides of the ball. However, until the defense can catch up with the offense, we can only hope for a high scoring game. Props to SU and Pine Bluff for good seasons.

Bama state starting qb going down had more to do with them scoring 14 than your defense. We have playmakers on offense so we will get ours regardless when we execute. You guys have one of the best offenses I've seen in a few years.

Bama state starting qb going down had more to do with them scoring 14 than your defense. We have playmakers on offense so we will get ours regardless when we execute. You guys have one of the best offenses I've seen in a few years.
Alabama State has a good young nucleus. Will be interesting to see how Nettles develops over time.

Every now and then you are right about something... Lol..

Back