Southern Heritage Classic 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenn always show up for the negative 😂
Just wait till he make those home videos this year.

wayward pines GIF

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This. We get around 150-200k after expenses have been paid for band and football in Memphis smh. Can’t speak for TSU but the price has gone WAAAY up for JSU. Minimum 500k WITH expanses paid is more like it.

View attachment 14515

JSU and its fanbase made a lot of other folk rich. smh

More power and recognition to (JSU prez &) AD Robinson and coach Prime for stopping this.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'm all for getting what we are worth, but why not renegotiate the contract? Get with TSU and make the change together. Just a thought. There's a lot of things that are being alienated right now by some high and mighty folks and when the honeymoon ends, remember..... those you stepped on climbing up will be the same ones you see on the way down.

I completely understand. If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.

I wonder what does this mean for other third-party events like State Fair Classic
Ironically, a group of us spoke on this VERY issue regarding the SFC back in the mid-to-late 1990s. Seemed as though both GSU and PVAMU were being lowballed while the "handlers" were taking care of that ou/ut-austin deal handsomely.

The city of Dallas re-affirmed its commitment and kicked in extra $$$$ but I'm unsure where the payouts stand at the moment.

I wonder what does this mean for other third-party events like State Fair Classic
nothing - state fair classic has city support plus payout and there's major political support behind the scenes -

also - the game would fail on campus and no way generate the same amount of interest

They better be scurred as long as Deion is in the conference because the days of getting peanuts while trying to maintain "tradition" seem to be numbered

I'm all for getting what we are worth, but why not renegotiate the contract? Get with TSU and make the change together. Just a thought. There's a lot of things that are being alienated right now by some high and mighty folks and when the honeymoon ends, remember..... those you stepped on climbing up will be the same ones you see on the way down.

Been doing that for years and what you see is the result. After a while, it’s time to stop fighting and leave when you aren’t valued as you should be. No more settling at JSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back