South Carolina State extends contract of football coach Buddy Pough

I am sorry SC State does not makes sense in the SWAC.. The SWAC office would be fools to go after them.

To State alumnus: Every HBCU struggles true, but the problems of state go beyond what is on the surface. I really don't see SC State enrollment being huge. I would say 3000 to 4000. There are too many variables and much better options in the state of South Carolina..

A blind man can see the MEAC is in trouble and maybe behind close doors they are talking with CIAA OR SIAC. But if State board had any sense of really fixing the problem, you have the SOCON and Big South in your back yard.. Save money join other conference and play two or three HBCUS a year.

We were never a huge school man. While I was there - early to mid 90s - we had around 5000 students. That was when we were doing well and they were talking about expanding to 7000 etc. Our problem has always been poor leadership put in place by a racist state legislature that wants to take the school over and incorporate it into USC's system. Claflin is private, and I believe Benedict is too, I'm not sure. We're going to have to straighten our situation out, and we are. Historically we've always performed. And like I said athletically we've stayed better than competitive even with our administrative struggles.

What about UMES??

I thought I saw somewhere about UMES looking into bringing football back but nothing in the near future

If I were the MEAC and they had a Dr. Mac, I would do everything in my power to help at least one of them bring their football program back within the next couple of years because the way things are looking for the MEAC, they can't wait 3-4 years for a D2 call up with DSU and NSU knowingly looking at other options. If NCCU leaves within the next couple of years, they're toast

Back