South Carolina State extends contract of football coach Buddy Pough

Two head coaches in the past 3 decades. All kinda of titles and accolades and pro talent produced between the two of em. We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers of this isht. I wouldn’t mind seeing us in the SWAC. We’d be competing for the title in our first year.

Two head coaches in the past 3 decades. All kinda of titles and accolades and pro talent produced between the two of em. We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers of this isht. I wouldn’t mind seeing us in the SWAC. We’d be competing for the title in our first year.

Bring it on then

Wanting to be in the SWAC, huh? How yall financial books look? Can't take anymore dead weight losers.

Y'all don't want this problem. Better ask your little brother NCCU how we treat atlantic ocean touching schools lol.

Wanting to be in the SWAC, huh? How yall financial books look? Can't take anymore dead weight losers.
We getting it together on that end. Hasn’t taken away from us handling business on that gridiron though.

Deep traditions get you by when times get rough and nowhere does tradition run deeper than at my Beloved.

Hampton, NCA&T, FAMU, BCU. ---Coppin and UMES don't play football, no new additions coming anytime soon.. Is the MEAC really that competitive anymore..

We getting it together on that end. Hasn’t taken away from us handling business on that gridiron though.

Deep traditions get you by when times get rough and nowhere does tradition run deeper than at my Beloved.
Say, getting it together isn't together. And your business on the gridiron ain't helping the conference financially. Traditions don't pay the bills. If it did, the MEAC wouldn't be folding.

Nasty, it's time for us (HBCUs) to get away from these backwoods Deacon boards ran committees. And THEE I LOVE is leading the way once again. Look what those committees did to Bama St.

what is this supposed to mean?

last time I checked, we are the premier school in the SWAC..top notch athletics (we own the Commissioner’s Cup) the best facilities out of ALL HBCUS top 3 in the FCS, beautiful campus & highly rated programs.

don’t tug on Superman’s cape

Y'all don't want this problem. Better ask your little brother NCCU how we treat atlantic ocean touching schools lo
Say, getting it together isn't together. And your business on the gridiron ain't helping the conference financially. Traditions don't pay the bills. If it did, the MEAC wouldn't be folding.

my friend it wasn’t so long ago that JSU was having the same financial problems the rest of our schools have had and will have in the future. maybe your memory is so short that you’ve forgotten but I haven’t, and the proof is in these archives. Our temporary struggles haven’t affected our on-field performance. we’d run thru y’all next year, with messed up books and with prime as your head coach.

y'all need a presence here in the upstate. I only know one scsu alum, cool dude I work with.

my friend it wasn’t so long ago that JSU was having the same financial problems the rest of our schools have had and will have in the future. maybe your memory is so short that you’ve forgotten but I haven’t, and the proof is in these archives. Our temporary struggles haven’t affected our on-field performance. we’d run thru y’all next year, with messed up books and with prime as your head coach.
And yet THEE I LOVE lead the way once again. Follow our yellow brick road to glory. You ain't heavy.

Get out of here man. Southern U. & Grambling owns SCST like the "massa" owned Kunte Kinte......LOL

SC State has many issues the enrollment is expected to be 2,400 next year.. I said this on a post awhile ago. Students are just not interested in SC State like the past. SC is one of fastest growing states in the South. Especially the MB, Charleston and the Upstate region.. When you have schools like CCU, Charleston Southern all becoming options for students in the lower state, USC Upstate about to add football, Spartanburg Methodist College is becoming a 4 year college, Converse College is becoming Coed,and becoming a University. Students are just not heading to Orangeburg. Benedict College and Claflin I feel will become bigger enrollment wise soon or later then State.

I can’t answer for the MEAC except to say it’s obviously in trouble. It’s not our job to carry the conference alone. And getting it together means what it says. Y’all had to get it together too. The point is our program doesn’t fall off because the administration is corrupt. We’ll fix our administrative issues, but that gridiron excellence will remain unchanged. I just don’t wanna see us in a pwc conference.

I am sorry SC State does not makes sense in the SWAC.. The SWAC office would be fools to go after them.

To State alumnus: Every HBCU struggles true, but the problems of state go beyond what is on the surface. I really don't see SC State enrollment being huge. I would say 3000 to 4000. There are too many variables and much better options in the state of South Carolina..

A blind man can see the MEAC is in trouble and maybe behind close doors they are talking with CIAA OR SIAC. But if State board had any sense of really fixing the problem, you have the SOCON and Big South in your back yard.. Save money join other conference and play two or three HBCUS a year.

the MEAC need to make Coppin st get a football team lol alot of those teams wish they could follow FAMU to the SWAC..BCC didn't waste any time lol imo SC state wish they could've come along with nccu...Famu sucked the air out of the MEAC.

Last edited:
What about UMES??

THEM TOO!!! UMES was formerly Maryland State University and had a very competitive football program before the program was ended. I don't know WHY it was ended. BOTH Coppin and UMES I think currently have CLUB football teams. It would be a boost to the MEAC if they brought an FCS team to the conference but it isn't happening.

Back