Sooooo...How Are Things Shaping Up On Your Ladies' BB Court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well at this point it looks like most of us have our the Ax blades pretty sharp for Conference competition but are there any OOC opponents on your schedules that you feel you may match up well against and possibly up the Conference swag in the eyes of those beyond our borders?

We did not schedule any Mid-Major ooc opponents for some reason so we appear to have a rough 5 game slate to start the season off!
1. Florida State
2. LA Tech
3. Univ Miss
4. Tennessee
5. Memphis

We also had a transfer from UT Chatt. sitting out last season. She is purported to be a good shooter. I guess you missed the two small guards we signed. Just know we will run those tall players all up, down and around the court. Write a couple of losses in that SWAC schedule.

We also had a transfer from UT Chatt. sitting out last season. She is purported to be a good shooter. I guess you missed the two small guards we signed. Just know we will run those tall players all up, down and around the court. Write a couple of losses in that SWAC schedule.

Yes @DAHILL told me about her. We have 3 Centers, 2 Forwards, and 10 guards. We are DEEPER than you lol. Size, height, and speed so there won't be no running us off the floor. Select a goal that's more attainable lol.

Lmao yea its only 6. Dandy Dozen is the name given to the top 12 athletes (any given year for sports by the CL) in Mississippi. We happen to have the most of any MS team with 6 and 3 commits on the way.

I've already vetted y'all. That class y'all brought in was top notch.
Where are you peeping our roster/recruits?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I honestly don't know where we are.

When Angela and Kristie were the team leaders, we clicked late in the season and gave Southern all they could handle in the SWAC tourney

Last year on paper we were better but the "leaders" didn't have that dog in them (plus one of the leaders from 2018-2019 ended up on Lynch Street as a grad transfer) and they folded down the stretch.

We'll see on November 25 against UAB (which for now will be the first college basketball game of the same). Another 2-3 win season and those rumbles are gonna turn into DJ speakers lol

When Angela and Kristie were the team leaders, we clicked late in the season and gave Southern all they could handle in the SWAC tourney

Last year on paper we were better but the "leaders" didn't have that dog in them (plus one of the leaders from 2018-2019 ended up on Lynch Street as a grad transfer) and they folded down the stretch.

We'll see on November 25 against UAB (which for now will be the first college basketball game of the same). Another 2-3 win season and those rumbles are gonna turn into DJ speakers lol

Yea Kristy Parker. She added some quality depth for us.
2-3 wins definitely ain't gonna cut it. Any recruits you expect to have a breakout season?

A short bench hurt Valley really bad

Yes @DAHILL told me about her. We have 3 Centers, 2 Forwards, and 10 guards. We are DEEPER than you lol. Size, height, and speed so there won't be no running us off the floor. Select a goal that's more attainable lol.

If JSU had just recruited ONE more forward it might have had a chance to compete with us. Lol.. Like everything else vs AAMU, JSU just always comes up a little short.

If JSU had just recruited ONE more forward it might have had a chance to compete with us. Lol.. Like everything else vs AAMU, JSU just always comes up a little short.

The great Oracle y'all are not on our level lol. Txsu will be our biggest competition. Y'all will be fighting with SU for a 3rd place finish lol. I would say better luck next season but it won't be any better for you then either lol.

A short bench hurt Valley really bad

Not last season. I saw then up close and personal at over a dozen games. Better teams that we beat or competed with in 2018-2019 (beat Austin Peay AT AP, Grambling, etc.) because of Angela and Kristie blew us out last season (Grambling without Hill, Austin Peay, etc.). One of the "leaders" last year graduated and the other transferred to a D2 closer to home after essentially quitting on the team towards the end of the season.

We signed mostly JUCO players to fill the spots of those who graduated (4) and/or transferred (3)

Yea Kristy Parker. She added some quality depth for us.
2-3 wins definitely ain't gonna cut it. Any recruits you expect to have a breakout season?

On paper, they look good. A couple JUCO players (combo guard and center) who averaged a double double that should contribute immediately

I'm most interested in Malon Young and Aniyah Vanhook who both averaged over 20 PPG in HS last year (both are undersized). With them and the other JUCO additions, we should have better scoring depth BUT I got to see them on the court to see if they can mesh like the 2018-19 team and whether they got that dog in em.

https://mvsusports.com/news/2020/5/...announces-2020-signing-class.aspx?path=wbball

I'm really looking forward to seeing that 5'8" SG, Che'mya Carouthers #3 out of Tupelo HS play. I see her bringing the skill and energy that Mo' Hamer brought to the team especially in the paint!
View: https://youtu.be/06NcSlgcdLQ?t=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back