SODOM and GOMORRA

I can't believe you're accusing me of dodging questions. LOL!!
As I said before, the Jesus character did have the full measure but nowhere does it specifically say that Adam or Eve did.

It is clear that there are a lot of things that you don't believe...including many about yourself.

Uhh, that simply means presence of this god moving from place to place in order to renew the face of the earth because it was in chaos. It says nothing about this spirit indwelling Adam and Eve and it says nothing about it existing in full measure.
Another thing is, if what you're claiming is true, then you're indirectly saying that Adam and Eve committed the unpardonable sin.
You just proved my earlier point, that the spirit moved about only to recreate, not indwell. Nowhere does it say that Adam was offered the holy spirit.
Adam was only given dominion over the animal kingdom and physical things. You said it right there in bold print but you then add your own interpretation to include spiritual dominion which was not the case.
The verses you quoted say nothing about being given dominion over anything spiritual.
Your address has some serious flaws. Where did it SPECIFICALLY say that Adam was given the holy spirit? Nowhere. You're reading a lot into verses that say nothing about him ever being given the holy spirit.

In the new testament, there are clear and irrefutable verses showing that the Jesus character received the full measure of the holy spirit. Nothing even close to this is mentioned in the old testament as it relates to Adam.
Just because a spirit exists in an environment doesn't mean that it dwells within the person IN that environment.
John 14:17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.It's like the Jesus character said in the new testament when addressing the disciples, "that the holy spirit dwells WITH you but shall be IN you. Dwelling "with" versus dwelling "in" are two different meanings.
Obviously, you haven't studied the Hebrew text of the OT nor the Aramaic text of the NT.

Please explain how one can shut off his spiritual authority as being god while being a physical human being. If he was fully man, he couldn't have been fully god. If he was fully god, he couldn't have been fully man. It's one or the other.
This is where fictional tales begin to rear it's head in the new testament.
It is also where your ignorance of Messiah, who He is and what He means becomes blatantly apparent to even the most casual of Christian believers.

John recorded it like this...

John 1:1-3 KJV
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 17:1-8 KJV

1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

It is clear that you don't believe those things. Whether or not you or I believe it does not change its truth.

As far as the Jesus character being able to sin, he could've sinned (I presume eventhough according to the bible he was god...and it does say, "god cannot sin") and why? One reason is because he had the full measure of the holy spirit as his helper in addition to the claims that he was supposedly the same god who created this satan in the first place. If he created this satan and existed for ALL eternity, one would presume that he had a clear advantage over this satan just as he did over Adam.
Adam was at a clear disadvantage either way nevertheless he was still cursed for being created weaker.

There seems to be just speculation here.

Note: I want to compliment you. You're REALLY good at avoiding answering (not addressing) my questions.:tup:

As far as which unpardonable sin, how many are there. If you've had the holy spirit, you sin and fall away without repenting, that seems to qualify one as having committed it.
Is there record of Adam ever repenting?
There are two as far as I know. You've mentioned one but not the other.

JRob

Why do you think Adam did not have a full measure of the Holy Spirit.

I am just wondering, because it appears that you are struggling with certain issues or parts of the bible.

Dr H.. [QUOTE said:
My question is do you believe Adam had the Holy Spirit - he had a measure of the Holy Spirit, not the total indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Not like Jesus.

So you readily admit that Adam wasn't given the SAME advantages as the Jesus characte? Thanks. I could've stopped reading right there.

Technically, I don't believe any of the bible's fictional content but it's interesting debate material.
Dacontinent claims Adam had the holy spirit, so you may want to ask him. According to the bible, there's not a shred of information showing that he did.

I understand your confusion, what you are forgetting or misunderstanding is that during the time of Adam and the time of Jesus was different. The time of Adam was theologically called the Dispensation of Innocence, from there until the Dispensation of the Kingdom, in which we are living in.

No confusion with me. You just admitted what I've said all along, that Adam wasn't given the same tools as the Jesus character.
Who cares what the label is. Fact of the matter is that Adam was cursed for being created weaker than Satan.
On the other hand, the Jesus character was rewarded for being given more powerful tools. That's an injustice of and by itself.

No, Adam and Eve did not “repent” per se’ – this is what happened according to Genesis 3:21 –

Before God expelled them from the Garden / Paradise. He (God) gave them a token of Redemption Grace, which is His unmerited favor. Both was facing death, because of their “Innocence” they did not “understand death” that was not part of their vocabulary – they could not “death” because that was not part of Gods original plan and purpose. They had not seen or experienced “death” Without the Sheading of “Blood” there is no Remission / Covering of Sin (Heb. 9:22). Did this happen for Adam and Eve, yes –God, made a coats of skin and clothed them, this is called a / the vicarious sacrifice, this covers the guilty one – Genesis 3:21.

This is called God’s plan of Redemption for Adam and all generations, now the plan included Christ and His Blood on the Cross – we have been Redeemed by The Blood of The Lamb..

Which is it? You claim that Adam had the holy spirit, then you claim that he never repented. What does that leave you with? Sounds like the unpardonable sin.

Please explain how Hebrews 6:4-6, applies to Adam, when the book was written to Jewish and Gentile Christians, in which Adam was neither - In fact, Adam was not a Hebrew.

The Book of Hebrews was written after the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. Please explain, how this applies to Adam, according to Bible, Historians and others He was long dead when the Book of Hebrews was written.

So just because Old Testament folks died long before Hebrews was written, the same principles don't apply? I guess there's no hell fire for anyone who lived during Old Testament times using your theory because hell fire is not mentioned in the Old Testament and folks died long before it came on the scene in New Testament writings.
In other words, your theory makes no sense. Don't worry though because many facets of the bible makes no sense either.

dacontinent [QUOTE said:
It is clear that there are a lot of things that you don't believe...including many about yourself.

None of this answers my question. More filibustering.

Obviously, you haven't studied the Hebrew text of the OT nor the Aramaic text of the NT.

More excuses and no specific answers to support your previous comments. Typical and expected.
If you had Aramaic writings or information proving that Adam had any sorts of a holy spirit, post it. The fact that you didn't and probably won't, speaks for itself.

It is also where your ignorance of Messiah, who He is and what He means becomes blatantly apparent to even the most casual of Christian believers.
John recorded it like this...
John 1:1-3 KJV

Dacon, the claims of the bible that a man was both human and god is laughable. Explain how one can be FULLY god, unable to sin, yet at the SAME time, be FULLY human and able to sin. That's the apex of all oxymorons pure and simple.
Using specific terms, please explain how this can be accomplished.

In one breath, the bible says that the Jesus character COULD sin, then it says in another breath that it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to sin.
A total contradiction.

It is clear that you don't believe those things. Whether or not you or I believe it does not change its truth.

A person can label anything as being "the truth", when in reality it's more than likely pure fiction.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

Here's another glaring contradiction. How can Jesus say in his prayer that his father was the ONLY TRUE GOD, when he himself was supposedly god as well?
In other words, Jesus indirectly said that he WASN'T god. It's there in black and white and his own quote.

There seems to be just speculation here.

Most of the bible is pure speculation, however the fact that the Jesus character having more tools to work with than the first Adam is as clear as day for anyone willing to be honest and objective.
Adam wasn't god, so he didn't have the same power as the Jesus character. Adam wasn't given the full measure of the holy spirit, so no advantage there. Adam was only two weeks old when tempted, whereas the Jesus character was at least 30 years old, so another clear disadvantage for Adam.
I could go on and on, but no need for those who have honest eyes to see and honest ears to hear.

JRob

Why do you think Adam did not have a full measure of the Holy Spirit.

I am just wondering, because it appears that you are struggling with certain issues or parts of the bible.

Where does it say in the bible that Adam had the holy spirit? Please post specific verses that clearly say that Adam had the holy spirit.

I'm struggling with trying to understand how you and dacon think that Adam had a holy spirit when nothing of the sort is mentioned.

Where is it shown in the bible that Adam repented?
There is no scripture that I am aware of that says that Adam repented. There is also no scripture that I am aware of that says that Adam did not repent.

What that has to do with unpardonable sins I do not know either.

More excuses and no specific answers to support your previous comments. Typical and expected.
If you had Aramaic writings or information proving that Adam had any sorts of a holy spirit, post it. The fact that you didn't and probably won't, speaks for itself.
I gave you the Hebrew information. It did not meet your approval.

Dacon, the claims of the bible that a man was both human and god is laughable. Explain how one can be FULLY god, unable to sin, yet at the SAME time, be FULLY human and able to sin. That's the apex of all oxymorons pure and simple.
Using specific terms, please explain how this can be accomplished.
In one breath, the bible says that the Jesus character COULD sin, then it says in another breath that it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to sin.
A total contradiction.
What makes you think that God is UNABLE to sin? Oh, are you stuck trying to figure out that should God sin He would no longer be God? The statement is quite clear: He cannot be both God and a sinner. There is nothing oxymoronic about that at all.

Simple analogy: I am simultaneously a father and a son. I have different rights and responsibilities depending on which mode I am operating. If you read Hebrews, you will recall the explanation of the Son's divestiture of Godhead in order to operate as a man.

A person can label anything as being "the truth", when in reality it's more than likely pure fiction.
You have proven that right well.

Here's another glaring contradiction. How can Jesus say in his prayer that his father was the ONLY TRUE GOD, when he himself was supposedly god as well?
In other words, Jesus indirectly said that he WASN'T god. It's there in black and white and his own quote.
Again, I urge you to read the text (Aramaic) - in context.

Most of the bible is pure speculation, however the fact that the Jesus character having more tools to work with than the first Adam is as clear as day for anyone willing to be honest and objective.
Adam wasn't god, so he didn't have the same power as the Jesus character. Adam wasn't given the full measure of the holy spirit, so no advantage there. Adam was only two weeks old when tempted, whereas the Jesus character was at least 30 years old, so another clear disadvantage for Adam.
I could go on and on, but no need for those who have honest eyes to see and honest ears to hear.
You, I, nor anyone else knows how old Adam was when he fell. The account says that Adam had full authority over every animal on the earth. EVERY.

There is no scripture that I am aware of that says that Adam repented. There is also no scripture that I am aware of that says that Adam did not repent.

What that has to do with unpardonable sins I do not know either.

Earlier you claimed that Adam had the holy spirit. If one sins and disrespects the holy spirit without repenting, the new testament calls that the unpardonable sin. I think you know this but again, just more evasion.

dacontinent; [QUOTE said:
I gave you the Hebrew information. It did not meet your approval.

You said Aramaic. You didn't post anything related to Aramaic showing that Adam had the holy spirit.

What makes you think that God is UNABLE to sin? Oh, are you stuck trying to figure out that should God sin He would no longer be God? The statement is quite clear: He cannot be both God and a sinner. There is nothing oxymoronic about that at all.

What do you mean what makes me think that the biblical god is unable to sin? The bible clearly states that god cannot sin. I listed the verses. You merely chose to ignore them.

Simple analogy: I am simultaneously a father and a son. I have different rights and responsibilities depending on which mode I am operating. If you read Hebrews, you will recall the explanation of the Son's divestiture of Godhead in order to operate as a man.

If he operated fully as a man, then he wasn't god. You just showed that it has to be one or the other. There's no way you can explain how the Jesus character could be both fully god and fully man. Keep trying though albeit in vain.

Again, I urge you to read the text (Aramaic) - in context.

Once again, no logical explanation. Post the Aramaic verses and explain instead of asking me to read Aramaic.

You, I, nor anyone else knows how old Adam was when he fell. The account says that Adam had full authority over every animal on the earth. EVERY.

Having authority over physical animals is not the same as having authority over a spiritual entity named Satan.

True the New Testament called the action the unpardonable sin, however this would not apply to Adam, because is not alive today, the NT Era. He lived, in OT. There are hundreds if not thousands of requirement / laws those lived during O T times that does not apply to those living in N T times.

As I read the O T, there is very little mentioned about the H S or the Son of God, however we know they were active. We know from

However I do understand Deuteronomy 29:29

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law."

The "things revealed" refer to what God has revealed so that humankind may enjoy God's blessings. In the context this refers to the Mosaic Covenant. However, by application - God is saying it's non of our business on certain things. There are things that God has done, we may ask why and how, but we will never know the answer.

While, you may be looking for specific answers or scriptures, only God knows the answer and I accept it b faith... You are looking for scriptures that states that Adam have the Holy Spirit, my question is show me the scripture that states he did not.

I do know and understand Genesis 6:3

Then the LORD [ Yĕhovah] said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years."

This is Yĕhovah speaking, saying My [ruwach]..

Based on this we know that Gods Spirit, was among, part of the life of those God was talking to. And we know the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. This tell us while making this statement, God's Spirit was active in the lives of men.

Adam was only two weeks old when tempted,

Give me Book, Chapter and Verse

Yall be letting ole Jay Rob get to yall. :lol: I am glad ole Jay is the way he is. It just lets me know as long as he is around, I won't be at the bottom of the list. :emlaugh:

Yall be letting ole Jay Rob get to yall. :lol: I am glad ole Jay is the way he is. It just lets me know as long as he is around, I won't be at the bottom of the list. :emlaugh:

Hahahahahahaha!! You on that imaginary stuff again.:emlaugh:

Dr H.. [QUOTE said:
True the New Testament called the action the unpardonable sin

I could've stopped reading right there.

however this would not apply to Adam, because is not alive today, the NT Era. He lived, in OT. There are hundreds if not thousands of requirement / laws those lived during O T times that does not apply to those living in N T times.

So what applied to Old Testament folks don't apply for New Testament folks? So you're saying that the biblical god is suddenly a "respecter of persons"? If what you say is true, folks who sinned willfully during Old Testament times have no biblical punishment according to what you're saying because hell fire is not mentioned in the Old Testament.
Hell wasn't mentioned in the bible until the New Testament came along.

You guys are constantly changing the rules to try and fit different scenarios into your theories and it ends up making no sense at all. There's no consistency whatsoever.

As I read the O T, there is very little mentioned about the H S or the Son of God, however we know they were active. We know from

However I do understand Deuteronomy 29:29

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law."

If David had the holy spirit, don't you think Adam had it? If I recall correctly, David prayed for the biblical god not to take away his holy spirit because he had committed a grievous sin.
Psalm 51:1. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

So as was said earlier, there seems to be such a thing as the unpardonable sin in the Old Testament.

The "things revealed" refer to what God has revealed so that humankind may enjoy God's blessings. In the context this refers to the Mosaic Covenant. However, by application - God is saying it's non of our business on certain things. There are things that God has done, we may ask why and how, but we will never know the answer.

Another excuse to copout on because you don't know the answer is all this amounts to. Being ignorant is not an excuse for one to be excused.

While, you may be looking for specific answers or scriptures, only God knows the answer and I accept it b faith... You are looking for scriptures that states that Adam have the Holy Spirit, my question is show me the scripture that states he did not.

You made the claim that Adam DID have the holy spirit. You have to prove that claim. I don't have to prove anything because I'm not the one making the affirmative claim.

I do know and understand Genesis 6:3

Then the LORD [ Yĕhovah] said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years."
This is Yĕhovah speaking, saying My [ruwach]..

Based on this we know that Gods Spirit, was among, part of the life of those God was talking to. And we know the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. This tell us while making this statement, God's Spirit was active in the lives of men.

As was mentioned in an earlier post, being among versus being within are two different meanings. The spirit can be among and working amongst the people, but that's not the same as working WITHIN those same people.

In short, there's no evidence that the holy spirit was offered to Adam to the extent that it was given to the Jesus character. That's my key point. Up to this point, it's not been shown that Adam had the FULL measure of the holy spirit on a level comparable to that of the Jesus character.
If he didn't, that's not fair and it's certainly not justice.

Adam was only two weeks old when tempted,

Genesis chapters two and three.
Adam was tempted immediately after Eve was created, which was just before the first sabbath or seventh day. It seems that Adam was between one and two weeks old when he was tempted, then again I could be wrong.
All that's minor in comparison to Adam not having the FULL measure of the holy spirit and it's minor compared to the fact that Adam wasn't said to be "god" as was the Jesus character.

Being fully HUMAN and going up against this Satan is totally different than being FULLY god and going up against the same Satan.
In addition to the above, the Jesus character was at least 30 years old before he was tempted but Adam seemed to be much less experienced when he was tempted.

Again, why did this Jesus character have such a HUGE advantage over Adam, yet Adam was the one condemned? That makes no sense and it wreaks of a huge injustice done to Adam by the biblical god.
If both are to be treated the same, Adam should've been given the FULL measure of the holy spirit and he should've been god in the flesh as well. He had neither.

Don't worry lil buddy. We will find out who is wrong or who is right. Yeah buddy we all got a date. As I always say, may the best man win buddy. :lol:
Hahahahahahaha!! You on that imaginary stuff again.:emlaugh:

Don't worry lil buddy. We will find out who is wrong or who is right. Yeah buddy we all got a date. As I always say, may the best man win buddy. :lol:

If you're depending on the biblical god to win this bet, you're in baaaddddd shape.

This is funny, but sad.

After reading JRob's response "Adam was only two weeks old when tempted,"

I asked JRob

JRob, response to the question was the answer could be found in "Genesis chapters two and three."

What we know is, in the Genesis there is no mention whatsoever in this creation story of Adam and Eve on what day they were created.

So that dog will not hunt!

"And so it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living being.' The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (1Corinthians 15:45)

And is Adam was only - two weeks old, as the story goes on:

Eve eats the forbidden fruit, gives it to Adam, their eyes are opened to see their nakedness, and God casts them out of the Garden of Eden. To Eve, God promises, “I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children.” Genesis 1:28 - cf 2:8 ->.

So if Adam was only three weeks old when he was tempted, Eve would have been "Let's say two weeks old". Now shortly, after that "time passed" Let's go back, that mean that God told Adam to name the animals Genes 2:9, so that mean Adam had to be between, 1 day old and three weeks.

Question to JayRob

How is it possible for an infant to name the animals or talk to God

Later after they sinned, before they were kicked out the garden - God, mention labor pains during child birth and Adam would to get a job. If what you are saying is true - How is it possible, for Adam to farm and Eve to give birth to a child at the age of two weeks.

So what you are saying is "Stupid" - Yao are saying that Adam and Eve was mature enough to produce children at the age of three weeks.

Logical Deduction

God created Adam and Eve full grown, mature adults - why

Gods, assignment to Adam, of caring for the garden in Eden and naming all the animals before she arrived (Genesis 2:18-20) After he'd done this, God created Eve, full grown, from Adam's rib(Genesis 2:21-23)

Again I ask, give me Book, Chapter and Verse - concerning the age of Adam - when he was tempted.

About Jesus, the scripture states in part -

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting for forty days and forty nights, He was hungry.

Give me Book, Chapter and verse that sates "as you said" that Jesus was 30 when He was tempted.

Yall be letting ole Jay Rob get to yall. I am glad ole Jay is the way he is. It just lets me know as long as he is around, I won't be at the bottom of the list.

I enjoy this type of conversation, especially when an individual states that "Adam was three day old when he was tempted"

This is funny, but sad.

I asked JRob

JRob, response to the question was the answer could be found in "Genesis chapters two and three."

What we know is, in the Genesis there is no mention whatsoever in this creation story of Adam and Eve on what day they were created.

So that dog will not hunt!

"And so it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living being.' The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (1Corinthians 15:45)

And is Adam was only - two weeks old, as the story goes on:

Eve eats the forbidden fruit, gives it to Adam, their eyes are opened to see their nakedness, and God casts them out of the Garden of Eden. To Eve, God promises, “I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children.” Genesis 1:28 - cf 2:8 ->.

So if Adam was only three weeks old when he was tempted, Eve would have been "Let's say two weeks old". Now shortly, after that "time passed" Let's go back, that mean that God told Adam to name the animals Genes 2:9, so that mean Adam had to be between, 1 day old and three weeks.

Question to JayRob

How is it possible for an infant to name the animals or talk to God

Later after they sinned, before they were kicked out the garden - God, mention labor pains during child birth and Adam would to get a job. If what you are saying is true - How is it possible, for Adam to farm and Eve to give birth to a child at the age of two weeks.

So what you are saying is "Stupid" - Yao are saying that Adam and Eve was mature enough to produce children at the age of three weeks.

Logical Deduction

God created Adam and Eve full grown, mature adults - why

Gods, assignment to Adam, of caring for the garden in Eden and naming all the animals before she arrived (Genesis 2:18-20) After he'd done this, God created Eve, full grown, from Adam's rib(Genesis 2:21-23)

Again I ask, give me Book, Chapter and Verse - concerning the age of Adam - when he was tempted.

About Jesus, the scripture states in part -

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting for forty days and forty nights, He was hungry.

Give me Book, Chapter and verse that sates "as you said" that Jesus was 30 when He was tempted.

--You spent ALL this time focusing on the insignificance of Adam's age, but when I ask you REALLY important questions you dodge them. How did I know you'd do it again? LOL!!

--Although not nearly as significant as most other questions I've asked, Adam's age at the time of temptation was a mere guess on my part. I already acknowledged that.
As far as being two week old babies, do I have to spell out everything for you? It's quite obvious that both Adam and Eve were created as adults. They weren't created as babies.
This in no way excuses the fact that Adam was still less equipped to battle Satan on a spiritual level than was the Jesus character. That's the main point you continue to avoid and try to ignore.

--After Jesus was tempted, he went into his ministry which lasted three years. He died at age 33, so you do the math. He had to be around 30 when he was allegedly tempted.

Last edited:
I enjoy this type of conversation, especially when an individual states that "Adam was three day old when he was tempted"

Majoring in minors is taking the easy road. Who cares how old Adam was? The question is WHY was he not given the SAME tools to fight Satan as the 2nd Adam? Try answering that one.

Back