So who's in a good relationship on this board?

My wife and I celebrated our 36th anniversary on Tuesday. It's been great and our LOVE is still strong.

Dayum, ya'll got married a year after I was born. :eek: :lol:

Congrats!!!! :clap: I love to hear stuff like that. :love:

I am going to say this one time and one time only. The key to having real love is to find a person that loves you for you and that you truly like and they like you. Look, love really ain't that hard. We make it hard. If you find someone that you like, not love, you will always be happy. See, if I don't like you, I can never learn and grow to love you. I love many things, but I only truly like a few things. Okay, now that is enough of that mushy stuff. Blah to love!!!!!

I am going to say this one time and one time only. The key to having real love is to find a person that loves you for you and that you truly like and they like you. Look, love really ain't that hard. We make it hard. If you find someone that you like, not love, you will always be happy. See, if I don't like you, I can never learn and grow to love you. I love many things, but I only truly like a few things. Okay, now that is enough of that mushy stuff. Blah to love!!!!!

Hey Bitter man! :wavey:

BTW, I'm in a GREAT relationship w/ my Fistina. :tup: We've been together (literally) for the last 30 or so years since I discovered that choking the chicken brings just as much enjoyment and excitement as a woman sans the funky attitude lol. :tup:

My wife and I celebrated our 36th anniversary on Tuesday. It's been great and our LOVE is still strong.

Nine years behind you with the same testimony.

Our challenges are that we are a lot alike - Type A personalities - so we work to be gentle with each other in disagreements. The other part that we struggle with right now is learning to parent adults.

Nine years behind you with the same testimony.

Our challenges are that we are a lot alike - Type A personalities - so we work to be gentle with each other in disagreements. The other part that we struggle with right now is learning to parent adults.

AINT THAT THE TRUE!!…. I am dealing with 29, 20 and 18. I tell all three it was easier dealing with them when they were babies. My wife and I get along good, like a couple of love sick teenagers until those kids come around. Then we turn in to Sony and Cher—I know you are old enough to know who that is. We had to realize it was not us it was them playing one against the other. I have a co-worker says he don’t answer the door to his grown kids. I thought that was so hard. Like Chris Rock says “I don’t agree with it, but I understand.â€￾

:)

:lol: MISTER Bitter Man!

Ooooo, Crit & CEE, can I please be Miss Bitter Woman? :wavey:

BTW, I'm in a GREAT relationship w/ my Fistina. :tup: We've been together (literally) for the last 30 or so years since I discovered that choking the chicken brings just as much enjoyment and excitement as a woman sans the funky attitude lol. :tup:

STOOPID!!!! :lol:

You are soooo right. :tup:

Same here. :tup: Our relationship/marriage is very satisfying because we allow each other to be ourselves. :nod: In other words, we don't try to change one another's ways and habits that we had before we got married.

Also, I think our common grounds/bonds play a HUGE part. We are both into our respective Alma Maters and organizations (AAMU/ASU/KKPsi/TBS) and we are both still tight with our LB's/LS's; so both of us already know the deal. :tup:

Now I'm not saying we have the perfect relationship- even though it feels like it sometimes. :blush: We have much in common, but our individual personalities are a bit different- I'm the sweet girl who is the social butterfly, loves everyone (until u piss me off :rolleyes: ), and I have the tendency of giving folks the benefit of the doubt. Snake on the other is the azzhole who will cuss yo azz out in a heartbeat and ain't cool with everybody. :emlaugh: So in some ways, we are different, but we balance each other out very well! :tup:

In a nutshell, we are best friends. We have fun together, we love one another unconditionally and like buckwheat mentioned, we have one another's back. :nod:

Hell this pic alone pretty much sums up our relationship:

390243278.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

that looks like a couple who likes to have fun together. I like that. I love the statement about you not trying to change each other. I have a couple of friends who tried that after they got married. 1 couple had to go to counseling and the other are legally seperated.

U......R.....Silly!!!!! :lol::lol:

Sometimes, I think I like Long Distance Relationships better. I like space.

Just the idea that someone would be in tow whereever I go or into whatever it is I'm trying to do doesn't set well w/ me anymore. I really enjoy spending my time w/ my lone self and by my lone self. The "nag factor" or "get on my nerve" potential is just too great to endure for me to consider anything past distant friendship.

Those in relationships assuredly have my most deepest sympathies. lol

Back