So Texas Southern

Well i hope TXSU have proof of all this? Because if this is some he said!! Drama . I am pretty sure the Director will be getting a lawyer

Best of luck to TxSU in yalls BD search. Y’all definitely deserve better. What once was, is no more but hopefully y’all can get an alum to get you back to those days. We need the competition in the SWAC. Best of luck to Gip as well. Wasn’t the best BD but he is a cool dude.

From the looks of it Gibson was fired due to not telling the administration of an incident with the law from two years ago. The incident in question was one evening the ocean had a late practice and couple of students needed a ride home. So he being kindhearted drop the students off at home but on his way back he saw some students being hemmed up by police so he passed by the scene twice to make sure they was his band students. So Police followed him and pulled him over asked him what he was doing. He told them who he was and he making sure the kids they had hemmed up wasn't his TXSU band students. The police search his vehicle found some drug para on the passenger side. The police let him go but he had to go to court for the drug para found in his vehicle. He went to court and the judge through out the case due to it had no merits. Some type of way administrators found out about it incident and fired him. Gip stance is the charges were dismissed and his record is clean.

From the looks of it Gibson was fired due to not telling the administration of an incident with the law from two years ago. The incident in question was one evening the ocean had a late practice and couple of students needed a ride home. So he being kindhearted drop the students off at home but on his way back he saw some students being hemmed up by police so he passed by the scene twice to make sure they was his band students. So Police followed him and pulled him over asked him what he was doing. He told them who he was and he making sure the kids they had hemmed up wasn't his TXSU band students. The police search his vehicle found some drug para on the passenger side. The police let him go but he had to go to court for the drug para found in his vehicle. He went to court and the judge through out the case due to it had no merits. Some type of way administrators found out about it incident and fired him. Gip stance is the charges were dismissed and his record is clean.

If that's what happened then that is a messed up reason to get fired. Hopefully the guy lands on his feet.

No shit Sherlock.

And unlike some HBCU's, SUBR has a strong and healthy growth rate. Its enrollment is steadily climbing back to its level of the 80's and the 90's. I believe the administration's projective goal is 20k plus in the next 10 years. I don't know too many HBCU's that can withstand abrupt higher admission standards followed by Jindal's budget debacle right afterwards. If SUBR reaches 20k plus, the SU System would easily be over 30k to 35k.

Last edited:
And unlike some HBCU's, SUBR has a strong and healthy growth rate. Its enrollment is steadily climbing back to its level of the 80's and the 90's. I believe the administration's projective goal is 20k plus in the next 10 years. I don't know too many HBCU's that can withstand abrupt higher admission standards followed by Jindal's budget debacle right afterwards. If SUBR reaches 20k plus, the SU System would easily be over 30k to 35k.

SU do not have a strong growth rate, it fluctuates all the time just like most schools in Louisiana and HBCUs around the nation. SU was closer to 10k/11k in the 80s and 90s but that was before BRCC existed. It can happen again but it's highly unlikely it will every top 10K b/c most people are able to find jobs with livable wages with their cheaper BRCC degree. The last time SU topped 10K was in 2005 due to Hurricane Katrina ... it has not been close since.

And remember I've been on SU campus many times, it's a very comfy and homey place but it makes TSU look like a palace. All the black BR kids at TSU/UH that I talked to when I ask why they didn't chose SU, 99% of time they say the campus is too dirty and BR is less fun than Houston. SU needs to make some major improvements to campus to drive up enrollment ... nobody in their right mind will want to attend a school with many of the buildings are in bad shape and BR isn't really as young adult-friendly as it could be. I love the campus is by the mighty Mississippi river, it's sorta secluded, and all the athletic facilities are on campus.

Last edited:
HBCU & HBCU system is two different things. So no, SU isn’t the largest. It’s NCAT.

we are the only HBCU with a system...it's not like we have smaller random colleges in our system.... Like Texas A&M does.......Every School in our system is named Southern University which makes us the largest HBCU check he facts on it

we are the only HBCU with a system...it's not like we have smaller random colleges in our system.... Like Texas A&M does.......Every School in our system is named Southern University which makes us the largest HBCU check he facts on it

Do y’all have to spin everything in your favor? Let other folks shine and have their light. You can’t win em all bro. Y’all the ONLY school I know that loves to one up everybody. Hell this thread ain’t even about y’all and here you go. Sheesh. Regardless, it’s still NCAT lmao

SU do not have a strong growth rate, it fluctuates all the time just like most schools in Louisiana and HBCUs around the nation. SU was closer to 10k/11k in the 80s and 90s but that was before BRCC existed. It can happen again but it's highly unlikely it will every top 10K b/c most people are able to find jobs with livable wages with their cheaper BRCC degree. The last time SU topped 10K was in 2005 due to Hurricane Katrina ... it has not been close since.

And remember I've been on SU campus many times, it's a very comfy and homey place but it makes TSU look like a palace. All the black BR kids at TSU/UH that I talked to when I ask why they didn't chose SU, 99% of time they say the campus is too dirty and BR is less fun than Houston. SU needs to make some major improvements to campus to drive up enrollment ... nobody in their right mind will want to attend a school with many of the buildings are in bad shape and BR isn't really as young adult-friendly as it could be. I love the campus is by the mighty Mississippi river, it's sorta secluded, and all the athletic facilities are on campus.

You definitely don't know anything about SU. For at least 3 years now, SUBR's enrollment has grown, which is not some fluctuation. It's not a huge growth rate, but it is growing again. This semester SUBR's enrollment has gone over 7,000. Unlike some schools, SUBR's enrollment is not superinflated with students who can't stay in school due to financial reasons. Before you decide to type a bunch of garbage, maybe you should check the facts first. It's not hard to Google SUBR's enrollment data.

Back