Snaps from Color Purple

"See daddy? Sinners have soul too."

"Get off my land!!!!!"

"Nothing but death can keep me from it!!"

"Whoo, time to go."

"Mister......M I S T E R"

"A girl at church say you git big if you bleed every month. I don't bleed no more."

"Well how you spect to make her mind? Wives is like children. You have to let 'em know who got the upper hand. Nothing can do that better than a good sound beating."

"All the men got they eyes glued to Shug's bosom. I got my eyes glued there too. I feel my nipples harden under my dress. My little button sort of perk up too. Shug, I say to her in my mind, Girl, you looks like a real good time, the good Lord knows you do."

"White folks is a miracle of affliction, say Sofia."

"Yeah, I say, and he give me a lynched daddy, a crazy mama, a lowdown dog of a step pa and a sister I probably won't ever see again. Anyhow, I say, the God I been praying and writing to is a man and axe just like all the other mens I know. Trifling, forgetful and lowdown."

Daaayyyyuuummmm...I feel pretty good in not being the only one that can quote the lines...lol Yall...get a life... :rolleyes:

"O, time to go!" (When Squeak called Sofia a name and the guy at the piano began packing up)

"Harpo, who dis woman?"

"The dead has arisen"

My all time favorite...

"I gotta go to school"

"Sofia beat on Harpo. Harpo beat on Sofia. And in between, the chillren kept on coming."

"Looks like Albert brought his maid"

"She just a big ole heffa"

"Like I said, fine by me"

"I've always been good to you coloreds"

"She scratches out my head when I was ailing"

"He beat me when you aint heah....He beat me for not being you" :cry:

"Shug Avery done set the population of Hartwell County a new high"

"Next time he come, I put a lil Shug Avery pee in his glass"

"....that's the first time I ever been knocked out, without being hit with a punch"

"......daddy, I tell ya, the mule kicked me in the eye"

"......All Shug's kids gots the same daddy, I can vouch for that"

"....Beat her"

"Maamaa. Maamaaa Celie goo goo"

"....come on Celie, get the molasses outca arse"

"...Shuuuug, I'm coming Shug, I'm Shug"

Squeek: "My name is Mary Catherine"
Ol Mister: "Mary what"

".....dat farm ain't been tended to. What cha need is a young wife"

NICE

"Mah, Mahmah, Mahmah T" *tears from Adam*

Adams wife was FIONE AS A MOTHa#@*^!%!!!!!!!

Celie: When the last time somebody come her hair. You need to cut it..
Mista: It's bad luck to cut a woman's head.
Celie: Well you need to do something.

Mista: Slap, right across the mouth..
Celie: Wiped that blood off her face, But kept combing hair and didnt say a word.
The Children: Stopped play and got quite on the porch..

:lol::lol:

"I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it."

"Until You do Right By me, eventhing you even THINK about gonna fail"

Celie to Shug "He (Albert) beat me when you ain't here. He beat me for not being you. "

"You told Harpo to beat me...All my life I had to fight, had to fight my brothers, had to fight my uncles,had to fight my daddy, girlchild ain't safe in a house full of menfolks, but i never thought i'd see the day when i had to fight in my own house...I love me some Harpo, lord knows i doooo, but i'll kill him dead fo' i let him beat me... (Ceelie)(This side last a lil while ms. sophia, heaven last always...Seleay you betta bash mister's head open and think bout heaven later"

"I just stand back and I wait to see what the wall gonna look like. See what kind of colors Shug's gopnna put on there now."

"You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I need."

"Sat in that jail, I sat in that jail til I felt like I's bout to rot to death. I know what it like to wanna go somewhere and cain't. I know what it like to wanna sing... and have it beat out 'ya. I want to thank you, Miss Celie, fo evrything you done for me. I 'members that day in the store with Miss Millie - I's feelin' real down. I's feelin' mighty low. And when I seed you - I knowd they is a God. I knowd they is a God."

" Look at you. You're black, you're poor, you're ugly, you're a woman. You're nothin' at all! "

"Nettie and my kids be comin' home soon, and when they get here we gonna' set around and whip your ass. "

"The jail you plan for me is the one you're gonna rot in"

staggalee83 said:
The after movie controversy ...............

I HATE THIS MOVIE TO THIS DAY!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

BETT'N NOT TELL NOBODY BUT GOD...IT'LL KILL YO MOMMA. :lmao:

Mayor's Wife:Ya'll look so nice and clean, don't you wants to grow up to be my maid?

Sophia: Hell Naw!!!

Mayor"s Wife: What did you say?

Sophia: I said HELL NAW!!!

D-NICE said:
"....may, may, maybe, they'll let her sweep out the caboose!"

I feel out at the movies when I heard this....I think the old man had a biscuit in his mouth and was smoking a cigarette when he said that.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Panthro said:
That line up thur ^^^^^^ changed my life forever! :tup:

Co-sign...

and...

"Boy you gon' let this nappy headed gal talk to you any kinda way and you sittin at the head of yo' own d--m dinner table..."

also

" you and I, us never part..."

:lol:

Seeing Spots said:
Rent? :xeye: BUY IT! :hat:
I know(I had thought about it) but, I don't think I like it enough to "buy" it. That movie was back in '84 maybe they I can check out at the library.

Back