Snaps from Color Purple

ALLLLLLLL my life I hate to fight. I had to fight my brother....I hate to fight my uncles....girl ain't safe in a house men.

"till you do right by me, everythang you touch will fail". or "we gots colds" or "I's married now"

"....and plus, I hear she got that nasty woman's disease."

"....Shug Avery done set the population of Hotwell County a new high."

"....you just one of the rustus boy."

"....boy you sittin at the head of your own dinner table, and ya bein' treated like a waiter!"

"....may, may, maybe, they'll let her sweep out the caboose!"

"....all her children got different daddies, gon' grow up all triflin', and confused."

"...you got the ugliest smile this side of creation."

"....you ain't fit to be nobody's maid. Look atcha, ya black, ya ugly..."

"....she ain't my mammy..."

NICE

*hump* *hump* *stroke* *stroke* ~crickkkkkkkkk - bed creaking~ :uhoh:

Scene where Danny Glover is doing the dew w/ Whoopi. :eek:

Harpo: Who this, Pa? Who this?
Albert: The woman that was supposed to be your mammy.

Old Mr.: She black as tar, nappy-headed, got legs like baseball bats, and I hear she got that nasty women's disease.

Old Mr.: Boy, you gon' let this ol' nappy-headed girl cuss you out like that? You sittin' at the head of your own dinner table and actin' like a waiter.

Old Mr.: Celie, you has my sympathy. Ain't many women allow they husband's ho to lay up in they house.

Albert: What?
Shug: Celie is coming with us to Memphis.
Albert: Over my dead body.
Shug: You satisfied? That what you want?
Celie: You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I need.

Sofia: Sat in that jail, I sat in that jail til I felt like I's bout to rot to death. I know what it like to wanna go somewhere and cain't. I know what it like to wanna sing... and have it beat out 'ya. I want to thank you, Miss Celie, fo evrything you done for me. I 'members that day in the store with Miss Millie - I's feelin' real down. I's feelin' mighty low. And when I seed you - I knowd they is a God. I knowd they is a God.

Albert: Look at you. You're black, you're poor, you're ugly, you're a woman. You're nothin' at all!

Ice Man said:
Harpo: Who this, Pa? Who this?
Albert: The woman that was supposed to be your mammy.

Old Mr.: She black as tar, nappy-headed, got legs like baseball bats, and I hear she got that nasty women's disease.

Old Mr.: Boy, you gon' let this ol' nappy-headed girl cuss you out like that? You sittin' at the head of your own dinner table and actin' like a waiter.

Old Mr.: Celie, you has my sympathy. Ain't many women allow they husband's ho to lay up in they house.

Albert: What?
Shug: Celie is coming with us to Memphis.
Albert: Over my dead body.
Shug: You satisfied? That what you want?
Celie: You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I need.

Sofia: Sat in that jail, I sat in that jail til I felt like I's bout to rot to death. I know what it like to wanna go somewhere and cain't. I know what it like to wanna sing... and have it beat out 'ya. I want to thank you, Miss Celie, fo evrything you done for me. I 'members that day in the store with Miss Millie - I's feelin' real down. I's feelin' mighty low. And when I seed you - I knowd they is a God. I knowd they is a God.

Albert: Look at you. You're black, you're poor, you're ugly, you're a woman. You're nothin' at all!

..and I thought I knew most of the lines from this classic. You got me beat! :lol:

However, my favorite dialogue is between Celie and Sophia in the cornfield:

Celie: "This side be over soon..Heaven las' always."
Sophia: "Girl, you betta bash Mista's head open, and "thank" about Heaven later!"

Panthro said:
*hump* *hump* *stroke* *stroke* ~crickkkkkkkkk - bed creaking~ :uhoh:

Scene where Danny Glover is doing the dew w/ Whoopi. :eek:

Celie: he just do his business, get off, go to sleep :lmao:

Color Purple is one of the all-time greatest :D

damn you Ice Man, damn you D-Nice
yall took mine

some more of my favorites

"My chillren in Africa, learning new languages"

"Celie is ugly and she spoiled. Twice. But she used to hard work"

"You can't have Nettie. Not now. Not EVER!!!! I tell you what though. You can have Celie."

"You betta not tell nobody but God. It'll kill yo momma."

"See daddy, even sinner's gots souls too.."

"My name is Halleluah..."

"Yall was some bad kids...yall was rotten...."
"Did I ask you fa anythang....no! I didn't even ask ya fo yo sorry ass hand in marriage"

"How'd he die?"
"On top of me"

Celie~~~~
I'm poor,
Black,
I may even be UGLY,
But
N.I.G.G.A.
I'm Here, I'm Here..
:swink: :swink: :swink:

Back