smh.. might as well post it...

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/ind...roposes_hbcu_merger_into_jacobs_state_012610/

JSU President Mason Proposes HBCU Merger Into ‘Jacobs State’

Jackson State University President Ronald Mason Jr. wants to merge historically black colleges into one institution called Jacobs State University.

by Adam Lynch
January 26, 2010

*Breaking*

Sen. Alice Harden, D-Jackson, confirmed this evening that Jackson State University President Ronald_Mason Jr., approached her with an idea to downsize historically black colleges Alcorn University, Mississippi Valley State University and Jackson State University into specialized campuses united under the name Jacobs State University.

"He spoke to me about it, and I don't support it," said Harden, a Democrat from Jackson. "We need to do something, but this isn't it. I can't stand behind this."

:shame::shame:
This is what happens when you bring in an outsider to be president with no loyalty or ties to your institution.

This is what happens when you bring in an outsider to be president with no loyalty or ties to your institution.
I agree. Thats a damn shame. Jacobs State. WTF. Yall need to run his azz off. He is obviously working with them folks on the other side of the fence.

Last edited:

WTF?! :confused:

Where did he arrive at with that name? folks, if he has gone public with a merger on top of it a new name he's bounced this off some big wigs within the state already.

I recall in 1992 or 93, we (Texas Southern's SGA) travelled to Jackson to keep Valley open.

I wish for autonomous universities. Keep pushing Mississippi HBCU alumni! :tup:

"If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you shouldn't call it a chicken," Cain told the Jackson Free Press this evening. "The way this plan is set up, it seems to turn Alcorn University into a remedial college for teaching students who leave high school unprepared for college. That's what community colleges are for."

This is the dumbest idea I ever heard of!!! Damn Uncle Tom!!! I could understand JSU wanting to grow and at the same time eliminate competition, but this.... this is blasphemy!!! Especially changing the universities name... WTH?

It's crazy how some folks are so quick to walk over their own people for a shot at the big time... I wonder if Mason is posturing with the powers that be to expand JSU and make it the first FBS HBCU. Just a thought

This is the dumbest idea I ever heard of!!! Damn Uncle Tom!!! I could understand JSU wanting to grow and at the same time eliminate competition, but this.... this is blasphemy!!! Especially changing the universities name... WTH?

It's crazy how some folks are so quick to walk over their own people for a shot at the big time... I wonder if Mason is posturing with the powers that be to expand JSU and make it the first FBS HBCU. Just a thought

Mason couldn't care less about Sports..

Fugg Ronald Mason.........THA TRUTH!!

His arse is toast because people in West Jackson never really trusted him in the first place.
Now I see why.:upset::mad::kaioken::argue2:

JSU head touts Merger behind closed doors

A proposal to merge Mississippi's three historically black universities apparently has been getting a behind-the-scenes push from an unexpected proponent: Jackson State president Ronald Mason Jr.

Mason has been talking to state lawmakers about a proposal that would create one university out of Jackson State, Alcorn State and Mississippi Valley State.
Gov. Haley Barbour has recommended the schools merge to save the state money.
Mason, JSU president since Feb. 1, 2000, publicly spoke against the proposal. But his 34-page presentation obtained by The Clarion-Ledger suggests creating another university - dubbed Jacobs State University - is a better alternative than letting "financially weak ASU, MVSU, JSU become weaker" in the state's budget crisis

Re: Fugg Ronald Mason.........THA TRUTH!!

We don't have to 'f' him....he just did it to himself...........:tdown:

His arse is toast because people in West Jackson never really trusted him in the first place.
Now I see why.:upset::mad::kaioken::argue2:

JSU head touts Merger behind closed doors

A proposal to merge Mississippi's three historically black universities apparently has been getting a behind-the-scenes push from an unexpected proponent: Jackson State president Ronald Mason Jr.

Mason has been talking to state lawmakers about a proposal that would create one university out of Jackson State, Alcorn State and Mississippi Valley State.
Gov. Haley Barbour has recommended the schools merge to save the state money.
Mason, JSU president since Feb. 1, 2000, publicly spoke against the proposal. But his 34-page presentation obtained by The Clarion-Ledger suggests creating another university - dubbed Jacobs State University - is a better alternative than letting "financially weak ASU, MVSU, JSU become weaker" in the state's budget crisis

I told yall Mason was for this a long time a go, but a couple of yall told me he was against it. Yall gone learn Mason's plan is to make JSU the only HBCU option in Mississippi........IMO. Also, I think Mason was promised a fat raise if this goes through. He looking at $350,000 easy if the deal goes through.

FROM ROYAL BLUE POST#22 IMO, Mason and Barbour cut a deal to make JSU the largest HBCU in the nation. Not only would this increase funding for JSU, but this will also add additional programs for students to select from. I would be lying if I stated I'm against such a move.

FROM ROYAL BLUE POST #58 No, Mason is playing stupid.:quiet:

http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85116&page=3

A damn shame!
:smh:

He needs to be gone. It's obvious he's not to be trusted.
:tdown:

I told yall Mason was for this a long time a go, but a couple of yall told me he was against it. Yall gone learn Mason's plan is to make JSU the only HBCU option in Mississippi........IMO. Also, I think Mason was promised a fat raise if this goes through. He looking at $350,000 easy if the deal goes through.

Mason is looking at the faculty reopening that NO-Confidence vote and getting his arse run out of town on a rail.
No other Mississippi HBCU President is going to work with this fool now.

Everybody took this a-wipe at his word.
That's why the faculty decided not to give him that no-confidence vote months ago for the sake of not dividing the "campus" and keeping the peace.
That shat has changed forever now.
I would not trust that mofo to fix me a ham sammich now.
He would slip bologny in it and try to pass it off as ham.

Two faced UNO mofo. :kaioken:

:lol:

Something is wrong with you......

It's the truth. :lol:
No merger is gonna make it out of the House.
These lawmakers are not going to cut their own throat by doing something that stupid.
Especially all those black lawmakers that represent these areas.

The head of the House committee that sends bill's to the floor has said this one will never make it out of discussion.
In other words, they gonna let it die in committe without even putting it up for discussion.

How can this fool MASON expect anybody to trust anything he say after he has been so-called working with Alcorn and Valley's President, students, and faculty PUBLICALLY to defeat a merger of the 3 HBCU's, but has been licking Haley Barbour's arse behind closed doors to get a merger done so he can fatten his pockets.

Not to mention he has been lying to JSU faculty, students, and supporters all along. :smh:

Last edited:

1.) We would not be the first.

2.) From the discussions we have had, it has not crossed his mind. He is ALL about academics and $$$$. As HBCUs go, his only goal is for us to rival Howard in that regard. We could lose athletics for all he cares.

3.) This leads to bluedog's point. Mason may not love JSU but the things he may have lined up may get him what he wants: For JSU to be the biggest and the baddest HBCU (academically) or institution of higher learning (becasue I think the major recruiting target will be other races. If we get "rid of" Alcorn and Valley, I am sure he knows how to get some of that money.

4.) Jacobs State is name that can be remarketed. People will hear of Jackson State and know who and what we are....but Jacobs State would be a new animal and whatever the state wants it to be. You can also get "others" to come because it won't be as if they are coming to Jackson State...that black school. :lol:

:smh:

Beyond sad. :(

I have always taken up for Mason. Can't do that with this one. It's put up or shut up time.

3.) This leads to bluedog's point. Mason may not love JSU but the things he may have lined up may get him what he wants: For JSU to be the biggest and the baddest HBCU (academically) or institution of higher learning (becasue I think the major recruiting target will be other races. If we get "rid of" Alcorn and Valley, I am sure he knows how to get some of that money.

4.) Jacobs State is name that can be remarketed. People will hear of Jackson State and know who and what we are....but Jacobs State would be a new animal and whatever the state wants it to be. You can also get "others" to come because it won't be as if they are coming to Jackson State...that black school. :lol:
so TP, do you support Mason on this?

Man yall better do him like we did Alan Keyes. Man that cat slipped out of Huntsville in the wee hours of the morning. He was going to be dealt with and he felt it, therefore he took his nappy head else where.

There should not be a full fledged merger of the the three schools, period. Each schools history, contributions, and missions are too unique.

Now, if some of the programs at the three schools want to collaborate with each other in some areas for some efficiencies, then that's another matter.

Man yall better do him like we did Alan Keyes. Man that cat slipped out of Huntsville in the wee hours of the morning. He was going to be dealt with and he felt it, therefore he took his nappy head else where.

How long was Keyes there for?

I bet that was hilarious... that had to be funny hearing Alan Keyes give a speech to a bunch of AAMU alumni...:lol::lol::lol:

I dont even think he lasted that long....he knew he wouldnt make it at a HBCU.

to me it just looks like Mason is trying to make JSU the biggest,baddest HBCU in the nation.... besides the name change, hell I dont see nothing wrong with it. Now MVSU and Alcorn people should be upset, but not really seeing why JSU people are that upset.

No one that graduated from Jackson St. wants their school name changed to Jacob State.. it's still JSU but I see exactly why JSU alum would be pissed..

No one that graduated from Jackson St. wants their school name changed to Jacob State.. it's still JSU but I see exactly why JSU alum would be pissed..

yeah thats why I said other than the name change....im sure JSU folks would still wear Jackson State paro.... same thing when Arkansas AM&N being changed to UAPB or Tuskegee and Hampton being changed from Institute to University. When I go to these campuses I still see Tuskegee Institute or Arkansas AM&N paro for the older alumni.

I dont even think he lasted that long....he knew he wouldnt make it at a HBCU.

to me it just looks like Mason is trying to make JSU the biggest,baddest HBCU in the nation.... besides the name change, hell I dont see nothing wrong with it. Now MVSU and Alcorn people should be upset, but not really seeing why JSU people are that upset.
I love HBCUs. For all the athletics competitiveness we have amongst each other, believe me when I say I have a profound respect for all HBCUs. Mississippi could easily get a lottery and provide funding to these schools. But we won't do that. Shut the black schools down. I can't get with that. These schools have a purpose, and only when there is no other alternatives am I willing to consider advocating closing one of our schools. We haven't reached a last resort yet.

Back