Simply Redd.......R.I.P.

Rest in Peace Simply Redd

I will always remember your positivity and upbeat spirit..such a kind person.

my prayers go out to all her friends and family

Heavenly Father, we come to you in our time of grief asking you for your strength and wisdom. You chose to call one of your children home to be with you. Right now Lord, we are struggling to understand why but we know that it is you that knows when your servant has served their purpose on this earth. As we struggle to come to grips with our loss, we ask that you grant us the courage and the strength to go on with our lives. We know that Niqueta would want us not to worry about her anymore. She is in a better place.
Lord, we ask that you bless the friends, family, associates, and anyone else that had the pleasure of knowing Niqueta. Help them in this tough time. Bless her family. Her mother, her children, her relatives. Help them realize that while she is not here in the physical sense, she will forever be in their hearts and in their minds. It is through them that her name will forever live on. She may not be here to answer their phone call, but will always be there to hear their prayers.
We ask a special blessing for her children. Lead them and guide them as they are struggling to deal with the loss of their mother. Help them understand that their mother is never far away from them. Bless them as they try to keep with the lessons that Niqueta instilled in them. Guide them in the right direction and comfort them. Help them keep their mother in their hearts and in their minds and she will never be forgotten.
Lord, we also ask that you bless her friends. In this time of technology, it is easy to reach out and touch so many lives. Lives of people that you may have never even met. Niqueta is a perfect example of that. She touched the lives of so many. From longtime friends, friends she may have made last week, or friends that she met through various sites on the internet. She touched all of their lives and we ask that you bless them, too. Help us as we try to continue our lives without her. Her spirit will live on in all of us.
Father, we may struggle with dealing with the loss of someone so young and positive. But it is through you that we will get through this. We know that while we may weep tonight, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, JOY will follow in the morning and we will rejoice. While we can't right now, Lord, we know that with you all things are possible.
Heavenly Father, please take Niqueta and wrap her in your loving care. Let her lay her head on your bosom and tell her, "Servant of God, well done. You are no longer hurting. You are in a place where there is no more pain. For you are with your Heavenly Father. Now rest."

These blessings we ask in Jesus name.

Amen

AMEN it is...what an awesome prayer! :tup:

On Redd's FB page. Thought it was a beautiful picture of God's shine on (and in) her.

n508303540_116855_2694.jpg

My GOD, is all I can say. :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is an emotional time for me, I've known "Redd" since she was in undergrad at SU. She worked at the Digest with Journalist and SUJag79 she will truly be missed. RIP REDD

It is so good to see that a lot of you knew her for more than a screen name. But even those who never met her could feel her warm and caring spirit. I don't think she realized how many people she touched with her courage.

R.I.P. Redd

(if anyone up anything for her homegoing celebration or for her kids, let me know)

TP, It is my intention to make the service ...... School is out Thursday...

I would love to send a Flower arrangement from TSPN ..

Last edited:
TP, It is my intention to make the sevice ...... School is out Thursday...

I would love to send a Flower arrangement from TSPN ..

Kenn is going to put up a donation thread so that we can contribute to a fund for her children. Also, TSPN will send a flower arrangement to her and you will be able to make donations for a really nice BIG spray from us. Avery (Jax) talked to her mother and grandmother this morning and he will let us know when they will set the funeral.

As soon as we know the details, I will post everything in Small Talk. I'm sure Kenn is going to post a tribute to Niq on the front page as well.

How ya doin' Z~? I know it's tough right now.

Oh my God! I just can't stop crying... This was my buddy. We communicated mostly through texting each other everyday while I was at work. We had a lot nice discussions through text. She would always asked you these questions that would stimulate you into deep thought. We use to talk a lot on the phone, but for past year we lost contact for a while. But just a few months ago, we started back communicating. She was such a beautiful person and had such a sweet spirit. I am really going to miss her and my morning text from her.......she would text me: "Morning!" and our conversations would go from there. I didn't get my text from her this morning and it is messing with my mind.

Even though your "physical" heart encountered so many problems, God's "spiritual" heart in you allowed you to touch so many people and to have such a positive impact on so many people.

Love you Redd and I am going to miss you...... R.I.P. my buddy.

Last edited:
Kenn and other admins/moderators, I would like to hereby nominate Simply Redd for membership into the SWACPage Hall of Fame.

Kenn is going to put up a donation thread so that we can contribute to a fund for her children. Also, TSPN will send a flower arrangement to her and you will be able to make donations for a really nice BIG spray from us. Avery (Jax) talked to her mother and grandmother this morning and he will let us know when they will set the funeral.

As soon as we know the details, I will post everything in Small Talk. I'm sure Kenn is going to post a tribute to Niq on the front page as well.

How ya doin' Z~? I know it's tough right now.

Still in shock right now...... Still cannot believe it..... STC called me last night and it wasn't even football season..... I thought he was going to tell me something about Grambling.... Not about SIMPLY REDD.... :(:(:(

Man this is so sad.......I am sorry to hear this terrible news...Rest In Peace GOD's child........

Oh my God! I just can't stop crying... This was my buddy. We communicated mostly through texting each other everyday while I was at work. We had a lot nice discussions through text. She was such a beautiful person and had such a sweet spirit. I am really going to miss my morning text from her.......she would text me: "Morning" and our conversations would go from there.

Love you Redd and I am going to miss you.....R.I.P.

Sooooooooo true.....

Just as she graced us with here with her presence, the affect she had on her service organization/sorority was felt last night when members of Omega Tau Pi Service Sorority, Inc., and Upsilon Phi Upsilon Service Fraternity, Inc., met last night under the tree at SU and prayed. There had to have been close to 30 of us out there fighting mosquitoes and there wasn't a dry eye in the place. I woke up shedding some tears. I still remember making my last trip to Mobile to see mom, she along with Warndalyn were the only 2 folks I talked to while driving. Remember it like it was yesterday because I was between Gulfport and Pascagoula MS.

She and I talked hours upon hours keeping both orgs UNIFIED as well as organized. Our last conversation was last Saturday about a convention we were having in Shreveport. We must have talked for at least 30 mins on that. We spoke in depth the first weekend in May when she came to BR.

IMO she was wise well beyond her years.

I did speak with jagface. He's flying back to La today, fyi. Spoke with her best friend Lady O...as well as to be expected.

I'm just numb right now. :(

Our TSPN is like a close-knit family and we have lost one of our own. I couldn't sleep last night. I kept thinking about those babies. Redd was so young. She never let her illness get her down. She had a beautiful spirit. She will be greatly missed. RIP Redd. :angel2: :angel2:

True. I went to bed close to 1:30 woke back up at 6am and you are right, she never let her illness slow her down. I still remember us talking about her going to B Ham in 2007. She said if the doctor cleared her to travel, she was going to the SWAC MEAC Challenge come hell or highwater. One of the many conversations we had where she always kept me encouraged.

True. I went to bed close to 1:30 woke back up at 6am and you are right, she never let her illness slow her down. I still remember us talking about her going to B Ham in 2007. She said if the doctor cleared her to travel, she was going to the SWAC MEAC Challenge come hell or highwater. One of the many conversations we had where she always kept me encouraged.

You two were close, huh? Ms Redd touched soooo many lives and I for one am really saddened that I didn't get to know her on a more personal level. But the times we did communicate, I could immediately tell that she was such a special spirit. Praying for you Jax and everyone else as we go through this difficult time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I keep wanting this to be untrue... a joke, a dream or something... :(

Me too!! I am very sad to hear about this. Wow!! I still can't believe it. Many times I have seen topics about her being in the hospital and I would just start saying a prayer for her.

Niqueta, I will definitely miss you!

Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with me and I know God has called one of his angels home.

I keep wanting this to be untrue... a joke, a dream or something... :(

That's how I felt this morning. I was like I hope that someone found out that it wasn't true. I didn't know her personally, but I felt like she was family on TSPN!

FYI...services are scheduled for Saturday June 6. 1pm. More than likely in Bastrop, LA but as I get definites, I will keep you guys updated.

I have so many words that I could type but it's just very hard right now for me. I just saw Redd 2weeks ago. My daughter calls her Aunt Redd. We talked about football season and how anxious we were for the upcoming season. I asked how she was feelign and she said she was fine. I never forget when we pulled up she was sitting on the porch and she walked down thru the yard to meet us. She gave me and my daughter a big hug. We must have stayed there for an hour or two just talking.

When her sister called me last nite and told me the news it just blew me away. There are so many memories of Redd that I thought about at work today. Today was a really tough day for me as it was for all of us.

Redd never complained. I remember one time I went to the hospital to get her and we went to a football game straight from the hospital. She was waiting on the nurse to come in and let her go but the nurses were talking their time. Redd was tryign to make her best "I'm Mad" face. I even started pacing the hallway to make them hurry up and release Redd. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redd, You know STC loved You like his own sister. You earned Your rest.

Save me some of that Gumbo upthere.

I have so many words that I could type but it's just very hard right now for me. I just saw Redd 2weeks ago. My daughter calls her Aunt Redd. We talked about football season and how anxious we were for the upcoming season. I asked how she was feelign and she said she was fine. I never forget when we pulled up she was sitting on the porch and she walked down thru the yard to meet us. She gave me and my daughter a big hug. We must have stayed there for an hour or two just talking.

When her sister called me last nite and told me the news it just blew me away. There are so many memories of Redd that I thought about at work today. Today was a really tough day for me as it was for all of us.

Redd never complained. I remember one time I went to the hospital to get her and we went to a football game straight from the hospital. She was waiting on the nurse to come in and let her go but the nurses were talking their time. Redd was tryign to make her best "I'm Mad" face. I even started pacing the hallway to make them hurry up and release Redd. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redd, You know STC loved You like his own sister. You earned Your rest.

Save me some of that Gumbo upthere.

Those are some beautiful and precious memories :)

Kenn, once again, I hereby move that we place Simply Redd into the SWACPage Hall of Fame.

Met her only once. Such a beautiful spirit. Redd, you will be missed. May God's strength guide the family through this difficult hour.

Back