Simply Redd.......R.I.P.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Simply Redd, but from reading her post I could tell she had a beautiful spirit.

Prayers up to her family.

:angel2:

TSPN family...I can't sleep, so I went over to Redd's facebook page to see if anyone posted any details...the following was posted by her son's father:

I don't [know] u dude but this is Lucian's dad. Redd had a heart transplant a lil while back and the heart didn't take. that had her in and out the hosp for a while but she stayed in high spirits of course. well to[day] she made a statement to her grandmother that she didn't feel well and she went lay down. later my son went in the room to wake her up and she didn't get up and her grandma realize she died in her sleep.

:bawling:

My prayers are with her family. I know it has to be tough.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Redd's FB page. Thought it was a beautiful picture of God's shine on (and in) her.

n508303540_116855_2694.jpg

I never met her, but enjoyed reading her FB updates. From that, alone, I can tell she was a joyful person and I'm sure she'll be missed. My condolences to her family.

:cry::cry:So sorry to hear this, I never met her personally, but I did call her once when she was in the hospital.
GOD has his angel now, her posts were so inspirational. REST in peace my sister

God of all mystery, whose ways are beyond understanding,
lead us, who grieve at this untimely death,
to a new and deeper faith in your love,

which brought your only Son Jesus
through death into resurrection life.
We make our prayer in Jesus' name.
Amen.

RIP Simply Redd

I just told a friend of mines last nite who's dealing with the death of PV's Band Director this same thing in bold. Amen, Amen, and Amen. My prayers and condolences go out to her family, friends, and loved ones. RIP Simply Redd.

Last edited:
Our TSPN is like a close-knit family and we have lost one of our own. I couldn't sleep last night. I kept thinking about those babies. Redd was so young. She never let her illness get her down. She had a beautiful spirit. She will be greatly missed. RIP Redd. :angel2: :angel2:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Our TSPN is like a close-knit family and we have lost one of our own. I couldn't sleep last night. I kept thinking about those babies. Redd was so young. She never let her illness get her down. She had a beautiful spirit. She will be greatly missed. RIP Redd. :angel2: :angel2:

Yes, yes. :nod: :cry:

TSPN family...I can't sleep, so I went over to Redd's facebook page to see if anyone posted any details...the following was posted by her son's father:

later my son went in the room to wake her up and she didn't get up and her grandma realize she died in her sleep.

:bawling:

Her son found her? Lord Jesus, that baby found her. :(

Re: A prayer for Niqueta a/k/a Simply Redd...

Heavenly Father, we come to you in our time of grief asking you for your strength and wisdom. You chose to call one of your children home to be with you. Right now Lord, we are struggling to understand why but we know that it is you that knows when your servant has served their purpose on this earth. As we struggle to come to grips with our loss, we ask that you grant us the courage and the strength to go on with our lives. We know that Niqueta would want us not to worry about her anymore. She is in a better place.
Lord, we ask that you bless the friends, family, associates, and anyone else that had the pleasure of knowing Niqueta. Help them in this tough time. Bless her family. Her mother, her children, her relatives. Help them realize that while she is not here in the physical sense, she will forever be in their hearts and in their minds. It is through them that her name will forever live on. She may not be here to answer their phone call, but will always be there to hear their prayers.
We ask a special blessing for her children. Lead them and guide them as they are struggling to deal with the loss of their mother. Help them understand that their mother is never far away from them. Bless them as they try to keep with the lessons that Niqueta instilled in them. Guide them in the right direction and comfort them. Help them keep their mother in their hearts and in their minds and she will never be forgotten.
Lord, we also ask that you bless her friends. In this time of technology, it is easy to reach out and touch so many lives. Lives of people that you may have never even met. Niqueta is a perfect example of that. She touched the lives of so many. From longtime friends, friends she may have made last week, or friends that she met through various sites on the internet. She touched all of their lives and we ask that you bless them, too. Help us as we try to continue our lives without her. Her spirit will live on in all of us.
Father, we may struggle with dealing with the loss of someone so young and positive. But it is through you that we will get through this. We know that while we may weep tonight, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, JOY will follow in the morning and we will rejoice. While we can't right now, Lord, we know that with you all things are possible.
Heavenly Father, please take Niqueta and wrap her in your loving care. Let her lay her head on your bosom and tell her, "Servant of God, well done. You are no longer hurting. You are in a place where there is no more pain. For you are with your Heavenly Father. Now rest."

These blessings we ask in Jesus name.

Amen
Amen

It is so good to see that a lot of you knew her for more than a screen name. But even those who never met her could feel her warm and caring spirit. I don't think she realized how many people she touched with her courage.

R.I.P. Redd

(if anyone up anything for her homegoing celebration or for her kids, let me know)

Ive been knowing Redd since 1999. Her spirit has always remained the same. Comfort and peace always...No Matter what the situation. She will be missed. Praying for those babies.....

Back