Sheridan Poll (11-24-03)

Originally posted by bluedog
While I agree the poll leaves a lot to be desire I'm still trying to figure out what the fuss is about, AAMU isn't in the run for the title no matter how it ranks you.

That's the thing....They are fussing over whether they should finish in 4th or 5th place or whatever it is...

Nothing below #1 matters to SU, GSU, ASU, BCC, A&T, etc...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The funny thing about all this is that the so called Little three think that they are so good yet they get whipped everytime they step out of the Conference to play. Just like GR stated earlier in the season SU and Pete punked out and ran from Mcneese and Northwestern to play Allen and Lincoln. Su is not that good and Bama St. don't act brand new we know you ain't use to winning.

Ahh somebody from ASU tell me how many SWAC Titles you have please in every sport.
You act like SU has been running something the last couple of years. Please get real. We have been in the conference since 98 and Su ain't done nothing either.

Originally posted by CEE DOG
You act like SU has been running something the last couple of years. Please get real. We have been in the conference since 98 and Su ain't done nothing either.

Ahh Einstein the last six SWAC titles reside in the bayou, gram has the last three I'll give you three guess as to who have the other three and that's just in football.

ASU waiting for some numbers dawg they don't have too be exact.

ASU waiting for some numbers dawg they don't have too be exact.

Handle Grambling this weekend, and ASU will provide you with all the numbers you need in Birmingham.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Deuce
Handle Grambling this weekend, and ASU will provide you with all the numbers you need in Birmingham.

Deuce if you don't know just say you don't know I'm trying to have a adult conversation here, you and the cry babies from AAMU can carry on somewhere else.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
again, you can't lose late and think you won't fall. It doesn't work that way in any poll.

Please explain how SU can get beat by Alcorn and remain in either first or second place? Didn't that happen at the end of the season?

As this discussion among SWAC'ers manifest itself, have any of you noticed how the Sheridan poll is still set up to potenially give the MEAC another national champion if certain events take place?

The loser of the BC will fall to third or fourth (most probably). Depending on how well the MEAC schools do in the playoffs, one of them will be elevated to second place. If the BC winner should lose in the SCG, guess what? The MEAC champ will probably be elevated to the top spot.

Like someone said, the Sheridan poll has been wack all year. I personally stop putting much stock in it a long time ago. Anyway, polls are just somebodies' opinions.

Regards.

Originally posted by Dr. Mac
As this discussion among SWAC'ers manifest itself, have any of you noticed how the Sheridan poll is still set up to potenially give the MEAC another national champion if certain events take place?

The loser of the BC will fall to third or fourth (most probably). Depending on how well the MEAC schools do in the playoffs, one of them will be elevated to second place. If the BC winner should lose in the SCG, guess what? The MEAC champ will probably be elevated to the top spot.

Like someone said, the Sheridan poll has been wack all year. I personally stop putting much stock in it a long time ago. Anyway, polls are just somebodies' opinions.

Regards.

East cost logic dude east coast logic, actually I think there trying to give the meac some clout for an at large bid and postion one of them for the BCF Title if Gram loses.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Mike,
SU lost to Alcorn in October. Since then A&T has lost and BCC has lost too.

MH,

When Southern lost to Alcorn they still didn't drop out of the top five. We were #5 and we fall to #10 within one game?

This is just for entertainment purposes. I really don't give a dayum about the ranking. But, some of the logic being placed around it made me post. Some of you need to stop trying to justify bullisht when you yourselves see it right in front of you. Had Southern fell out of the top 5 when they lost. I would have no problem with most assessments of the poll. But, when you look at their competition and look at everyone elses in that list you can see where I'm coming from. Let's just see what happens when Grambling or SU loses this weekend. This should really be interesting. Especially, if it is a blow out! Let's see the justifications for the rankings then.

Originally posted by Dr. Mac

Regards.

Co-sign!!
The SWAC is the toughest conference among HBCU's.

Back