Sheridan Poll (11-24-03)

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
What does that have to do with anything? A five-point loss to a team that had beaten SU just prior to that, shouldn't drop someone from 5th, all the way down to 10th. And as Dahill said, our margin of victory over APB (whom ASU barely beat) should have meant something. But why is any of this even an issue. These Sheridan polls are usually put together with no reasoning to begin with, so why should now be any different.

exactly.... We win by 50 then move DOWN... what kind of **** is that????

You're right ASU did "barely beat" PB. But we blew out Alcorn. And they beat you a couple of weeks ago.

again, you can't lose late and think you won't fall. It doesn't work that way in any poll. Before losing to Michigan on last Saturday, Ohio State was in line to play for the national championship. They aint in line no mo.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Tigerpride
Teams that AAMU would lose to:

You only stayed in the ASU game by kicking 20 field goals and clicking your heels three times.

1. Grambling State Tigers (24) 9-2 287 1
2. Southern Jaguars (6) 10-1 266 3
3. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 9-2 229 4
4. North Carolina A&T Aggies 10-2 175 2
5. Alabama State Hornets 7-4 132 6
6. Fayetteville State Broncos 8-3 116 5
7. Albany State Rams 9-2 77 7
8. Hampton Pirates 7-4 59 8
9. South Carolina State Bulldogs 8-4 42 10

you are dumber than I actually thought

Teams that AAMU would lose to:

You only stayed in the ASU game by kicking 20 field goals and clicking your heels three times.

1. Grambling State Tigers (24) 9-2 287 1
2. Southern Jaguars (6) 10-1 266 3
3. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 9-2 229 4
4. North Carolina A&T Aggies 10-2 175 2
5. Alabama State Hornets 7-4 132 6
6. Fayetteville State Broncos 8-3 116 5
7. Albany State Rams 9-2 77 7
8. Hampton Pirates 7-4 59 8
9. South Carolina State Bulldogs 8-4 42 10

Again, why are YOU even here? You lost to d@mned near everyone you played, and the ones you beat, you "eeked" by. That being said, you need to STFU!

DOS Y DIEZ!

Originally posted by mighty hornet
You're right ASU did "barely beat" PB. But we blew out Alcorn. And they beat you a couple of weeks ago.

again, you can't lose late and think you won't fall. It doesn't work that way in any poll. Before losing to Michigan on last Saturday, Ohio State was in line to play for the national championship. They aint in line no mo.

But we beat YOU

The Sheridan pollsters (and everybody else outside of North Alabama) don't give a rat's arse about Jacksonville St.

We're talking about a Black College Poll, and unless you're beating a PWC that someone has actually heard of, then you're gonna get MUCH MORE respect for beating FAMU.

I agree with Dahill. That poll is a farce!

I wonder why????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See points 2 & 3 of Deuce's post....that should end the debate :idea:

Originally posted by Deuce
The Sheridan pollsters (and everybody else outside of North Alabama) don't give a rat's arse about Jacksonville St.

We're talking about a Black College Poll, and unless you're beating a PWC that someone has actually heard of, then you're gonna get MUCH MORE respect for beating FAMU.

*Jacksonville St. -- #20 in D-AA poll and OVC Champs

FAMU -- 6-6

It's amazing how this Sheridan poll has suddenly garnered so much respect.

:smh:

*correction, Jacksonville St., #17 in D-AA poll.

Originally posted by FAB5
I wonder why????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See points 2 & 3 of Deuce's post....that should end the debate :idea:

Look at at the two teams wins/losses, and that tells you that the debate should have never occurred.

Once again, the poll is a joke!

More often than not the poll is out a whack...granted. But I can see how they ranked us over ya'll. We beat BCC (even the MEAC officials said so) after they viewed the fumble return for TD on tape, we beat ya'll (had a clear fumble return for TD called back) and we're SWAC east champs. Add to that we had Gram on the ropes all game long but faded in the 4th. We're just peaking at the right time....maybe, just maybe they're taking all that into consideration.

note to self: maybe shouldn't have mentioned the A&M fumble...might've sent the discussion on a whole 'nother tangent. :swink:

note to self: maybe shouldn't have mentioned the A&M fumble...might've sent the discussion on a whole 'nother tangent. :swink:

LOL @ FAB5 ! ! !

More often than not the poll is out a whack...granted. But I can see how they ranked us over ya'll. We beat BCC (even the MEAC officials said so) after they viewed the fumble return for TD on tape, we beat ya'll (had a clear fumble return for TD called back) and we're SWAC east champs. Add to that we had Gram on the ropes all game long but faded in the 4th. We're just peaking at the right time....maybe, just maybe they're taking all that into consideration.

note to self: maybe shouldn't have mentioned the A&M fumble...might've sent the discussion on a whole 'nother tangent.

:swink:

Unless they changed the FINAL score to reflect that you beat BCC...you didn't beat 'em! And what fumble return against AAMU are you talking about? The only fumbles I remember from the MCC were the ones that we forced on your kick return guy, and the fumble by your qb at the end of the game when he was sacked (for about the fifth time!) What game were you watching on Oct. 25?

:confused:

Originally posted by mighty hornet
and Alcorn just beat you. So, do you think Alcorn should be ranked higher than you?

Well MH, I have been saying this all year but you have been yelling, "But we beat FAMU head to head". Still AAMU is not impressive against good teams. I don't think that they are as good as Alabama State.....now the way the smoke sorry teams is out of this world. JSU was not even doing it like that in 1999. Jones teams actually reminds me a lot of Hughes teams though...smoke the sorry teams, lose to good teams and pull of one fluke per year (if that).

. . . And what fumble return against AAMU are you talking about?

Alum,

I assume FAB5 is referring to the A&M fumble that Bama State returned for a touchdown that was incorrectly called back.

Oh by the way, yall ain't gettin' no respect on the American Sportswire poll either (see thread on sports board).:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Still AAMU is not impressive against good teams. I don't think that they are as good as Alabama State.....

We both beat the isht out of your sorry-arsed team, so why should it matter? You weren't impressive against ANYONE, and next year won't be any better!

What a moron!

Alum,

I assume FAB5 is referring to the A&M fumble that Bama State returned for a touchdown that was incorrectly called back.

Well, if you take into account all the holding that Bama State was doing on offense, (that was NEVER CALLED,) then it all balances out!

Still AAMU is not impressive against good teams. I don't think that they are as good as Alabama State.....

You'll suck whosever **** is closest to your mouth, won't you?

Jacksonville St. -- #20 in D-AA poll and OVC Champs

FAMU -- 6-6

It's amazing how this Sheridan poll has suddenly garnered so much respect.

While I agree the poll leaves a lot to be desire I'm still trying to figure out what the fuss is about, AAMU isn't in the run for the title no matter how it ranks you.

Now lets look at it from a non-partisan view, you keep harping on your win with Jax-ville, that was the beginning of the season and they weren't ranked than and that same team lost to a D2 school and like a earlier poster said this is BCF they could give a rat's @ss about Jax-ville unless they were a D-1A school.

Lets look at ASU, wins they beat famu who always will garner respect and for all intent and purposes are a D-1A school.

Secondly they played extremely well against the #1 Ranked BCF school at that time and who everybody knows they actually beat by the admitting of the officials.

Third they played GSU tough who we all know was/is highly ranked.

Fourth they beat Alcorn who beat SU who was/is Rank highly.

Last but not least you say look at the records all your records show is that you played one more game overall than they have so far and that one more game includes a little school name Savannah St. which you don't seem to eager to mention as you do Jax-ville and your conf. record is 4-3 theirs is 5-2 just in case you forgot.

Alum,

See??????:lmao:

BTW Deuce....that would be the one. :emlaugh: :D :lol: :shh: :shh:

See??????:lmao:

BTW Deuce....that would be the one. :emlaugh: :D :lol: :shh: :shh:

See this:

Well, if you take into account all the holding that Bama State was doing on offense, (that was NEVER CALLED,) then it all balances out!

bluedog,

You played Allen and Lincoln, so your opinion is of no value.

And we played your azzes too. Lincoln put up a better game than you. We scored as much in one half against you as we scored against LU all game.

bluedog,

You played Allen and Lincoln, so your opinion is of no value.
Obviously yours isn't either and yes we did and we also played AAMU, let me refresh your memeory...

SU 55

AAMMU 25

SU 34

LIN 7

so now what does that tell you since your comparing games?

Oh yeah here's another refresher cousre..

SU 10-1

AAMU 8-4

Originally posted by bluedog
While I agree the poll leaves a lot to be desire I'm still trying to figure out what the fuss is about, AAMU isn't in the run for the title no matter how it ranks you.

Now lets look at it from a non-partisan view, you keep harping on your win with Jax-ville, that was the beginning of the season and they weren't ranked than and that same team lost to a D2 school and like a earlier poster said this is BCF they could give a rat's @ss about Jax-ville unless they were a D-1A school.

Lets look at ASU, wins they beat famu who always will garner respect and for all intent and purposes are a D-1A school.

Secondly they played extremely well against the #1 Ranked BCF school at that time and who everybody knows they actually beat by the admitting of the officials.

Third they played GSU tough who we all know was/is highly ranked.

Fourth they beat Alcorn who beat SU who was/is Rank highly.

Last but not least you say look at the records all your records show is that you played one more game overall than they have so far and that one more game includes a little school name Savannah St. which you don't seem to eager to mention as you do Jax-ville and you conf. record is 4-3 theirs is 5-2 just in case you forgot.

DITTO!!! c'ya at SCG!!!lol!!!! A&M peeps!!

Back