Sex on the First Date.......

Dr. Sweet NUPE

What do you think about it? The reason I placed this on the "Round Table Discussion" was because I wanted serious answers.

Christian Response,
Fornication = Sin = Consequences = No Sex on the first date because you ARE NOT to have sex with anyone who IS NOT your husband/wife = Let's let God set the standards instead of 'creating' our own.

Bad Idea. You need to take time out to get to know a person. See if this is the Mr/Ms Right One, not Mr/Ms Right NOw. There is no glory in sleeping with everybody that wants to sleep with you, not to mention the countless millions of people walking around today with STD's/children from folks that they didn't give a dog's behind about. Waste of time.

That's what contraceptives are for

I don't have the patience to get to know someone, then discover that we are "incompatible." To me, that is a waste of my time.

Not that I have slept with everyone I have dated, because that is not the case. However, when I felt attracted enough to a man to get a shot on the first date I did it, because I was grown, I could, and I wanted to.

To me, it is much easier on the heart to boot someone to the curb in the beginning than to get feelings for a person, find that he is <font size=0.3>inadequate,</font size=0.3> then have to figure a way to let him off easy.

Color it whorish, but that's my opinion.

However, when I felt attracted enough to a man to get a shot on the first date I did it, because I was grown, I could, and I wanted to.
....Color it whorish, but that's my opinion.
To me, it is much easier on the heart to boot someone to the curb in the beginning than to get feelings for a person, find that he is inadequate

I'm not throwing stones, but this is the mind set of the world in these last days. Us Christians HAVE TO get out there and represent for Jesus NOW more than ever. These quotes are representative of how many people think.

Vinita,
How many of those guys are 'adequate' enough for you to go to hell for?
xx minutes or maybe even just x minutes of submitting to your 'flesh' & submitting to those knuckle head guys are not worth possibly spending eternity away from God.
Do you realize that you WILL stand before God one day and give account for what you're doing? If you died today, will God tell you "well done" or "depart from me I never knew you?"

nevaehinvesting

Ummm ... do I KNOW you??

Who said I still do those things? And, how do you know that I have not asked for forgiveness for those or any other of my sins?

The God I serve forgives those who repent earnestly ... or so I am told ... :rolleyes:

Save your "nonjudgemental observations" for those who are trying to hear them ... of which I am not one ...

Who said I still do those things?
i must have misinterpretted b-cuz i thought you did
I don't have the patience to get to know someone, then discover that we are "incompatible." To me, that is a waste of my time.
Color it whorish, but that's my opinion
Sorry if I misread your post but it sure sounded like it was written in present tense. Anywayz, IF you don't do those things anymore than that's great........"IF."

nevaehinvesting
p.s.
Save your "nonjudgemental observations" for those who are trying to hear them ... of which I am not one ...
'nonjudgemental observations' will only help you when they're true and given in Love but you have a relationship with God so I guess you already know that, correct.

I'll be celebrating four years of marriage THIS THURSDAY, (hint, hint) so anything I say about living the "single life" comes from previous experience.

Before I answer I need to know....

Before I answer, is this a 'logical' question or 'religious' question. I think if we wanted to start quoting bible scriptures, it would have been in the religious part of The Swacpage.

Why do bible toters always attack "common sense" answers? Just wondering????

Before I answer, is this a 'logical' question or 'religious' question. I think if we wanted to start quoting bible scriptures, it would have been in the religious part of The Swacpage.
Nastynupe,
It's a GOOD question for which GOD has an answer. Listen closely:
Do you realize WHO created SEX? Don't you know WHO'S idea SEX was? Think wayyyyy back.....It was God's idea! God created and ordained SEX.
He's the manufacturer of sex so that means that ONLY HIS manual deserves to be followed.
Why would you want to have a conversation about a PRODUCT and don't want me to bring up the product's MANUFACTURER??? That's why we bring up God for this subject & others because we've allowed Him to be in every part of our lives as Christians and recognized His Will being better than ours. If you want to keep God or 'religious' stuff out of the conversation than don't bring up topics that have to do with God.....but oooppps, the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, that includes those having sex in/out of His Will.

hope this helps,
nevaehinvesting
oh, and Praise God for 'bible toters' in these last days!

This is a logical question

If I wanted to know the religous aspects of it......."L" I already know the freaking answer. Fornication is wrong.

I want to know how people feel about oucking fn the first date not what God thinks. I know what God thinks.

I want to know how people feel about oucking fn the first date not what God thinks.

Christians should try to have the "mind of Christ" according to the bible.
WE THINK WHAT GOD THINKS!!!

nevaehinvesting

If all Christians think like God thinks, then we is in one BAD WAY!!

I answered your question, Sweets. I did it up on plenty of first dates, even though I knew it was wrong. I can't say I would do it NOW, but I did back then.

Strangely, though, I didn't have sex with my husband on our first date, but it wasn't for lack of willingness ...

Now this is scripture...

Proverbs 23:9
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

I think this is in the Bible, also ...

JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED ... and then there's one about being without Sin and casting stones, too.

Re: This is a logical question

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
If I wanted to know the religous aspects of it......."L" I already know the freaking answer. Fornication is wrong.

I want to know how people feel about oucking fn the first date not what God thinks. I know what God thinks.

nevaehinvesting,
i see from the number of posts that you have that you are fairly new. word to the wise...the above quote is why you have to be selective about what threads you respond to. See Romans 1:32.

Well I won't talk religion because we all know the biblical answer. He asked our personal opinion, not what the Lord thinks.

Now me personally, I'm a grown azz woman and if I feel like doin' the damn thang with whomever....regardless of how long I've known him, Imma do it.

It's a personal decision.

Who da hell am I to judge anyone else?

Now me personally, I'm a grown azz woman and if I feel like doin' the damn thang with whomever....regardless of how long I've known him, Imma do it.
I'm sure you will b-cuz Yes, that is YOUR decision to make, I was simply suggesting that (though I've never been), Hell is %100 FULL of people with THAT attitude who make THOSE type unGodly decisions instead of accepting God's way. You see where it got Satan, don't you.

nevaehinvesting
We're not perfect but we can sure try harder and harder everyday to live holy and not just except submission to the flesh.
read Matthew ch 7.

Where in this post does anyone say that they APPROVE of what others do? It isn't our place to APPROVE or DISAPPROVE of what grown folks do, any more than it is for us to JUDGE what they do when we believe (or know) it to be wrong.

If y'all don't mind me quotin' for a minute...

Romans 2: 1
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who PASS judment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Romans 2:3

So, when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, <b>do you think you will escape God's judgment?</b>

Mark,

Your thread has been taken over. I guess I'll be given a scripture as to why I should not tell you why your thread is being taken over. I guess hell is full of people who told their friends that their threads have been taken over.

Oral Roberts send help!!!

Back