School Daze & Breakfast Club to Be remade!!!

demondmccombs

I don't know if this is true or not but I read in one website that there has been talk of making "SCHOOLDAZE" and "The Breakfast club" over again. :bawling: :upset: :xeye: :eek: :angry: :tdown: :splat:

Like I said I don't know if this is true or not but I heard "Beyonce'" going to play "Jane Toussaint". WOW. I can see it!

I know there has been lots of remakes lately but lets give the original time to be forgotten about. I personaly don't want them to be remade.

Both movies are two of my favorite teenage movies and I really don't want any of todays actor butchering these characters!. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I can't see any actors today being able to stand up to the level of success the first two had.

Has anyone else heard about this?

wow :eek:

PLEASE NO LAMES in this Classic REMAKE!!

Can we get a cameo from Spike and Lawrence?

"GREETINGS BIG BROTHER CHUCK EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....NO RELISH!!!!"

Jane Toussaint, That might be worth it.....Anyways, If Spike do it, it should be a good remake. Anybody else would mess it up.

demondmccombs said:
I don't know if this is true or not but I read in one website that there has been talk of making "SCHOOLDAZE" and "The Breakfast club" over again. :bawling: :upset: :xeye: :eek: :angry: :tdown: :splat:

Like I said I don't know if this is true or not but I heard "Beyonce'" going to play "Jane Toussaint". WOW. I can see it!

I know there has been lots of remakes lately but lets give the original time to be forgotten about. I personaly don't want them to be remade.

Both movies are two of my favorite teenage movies and I really don't want any of todays actor butchering these characters!. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I can't see any actors today being able to stand up to the level of success the first two had.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Serves no purpose. Just continues to show the lack of orignal ideas floating around hollywood today. :smh:

But I'm not sure if it would be and Updated version or a Remake. :smug2:

Updated Version- New plot about what goes on in HBCU's in 2005. Same personalities are still on our campues today!....Fly red-bone, the greeks, the Militant blacks, Dark skins v/s lighter skins.

Remake-Same plot, Charachters, story, scenes....Different actors.

I would rather see a updated version. The originals are true snapshots in time.

demondmccombs said:
But I'm not sure if it would be and Updated version or a Remake. :smug2:

Updated Version- New plot about what goes on in HBCU's in 2005. Same personalities are still on our campues today!....Fly red-bone, the greeks, the Militant blacks, Dark skins v/s lighter skins.

Remake-Same plot, Charachters, story, scenes....Different actors.

I would rather see a updated version. The originals are true snapshots in time.

You would have to include all students having cell phones (and they would have to ring during class) girls dressed like you know whats. Yeah, same students.

If Spike Lee remake SCHOOL DAZE then I can agree with that; but any other director would totally screw it up. :smash:

northern tiger said:
You would have to include all students having cell phones (and they would have to ring during class) girls dressed like you know whats. Yeah, same students.

Ohh don't forget gays and lesbians, Whites, and Hip-Hop thugs for the year 2005! :lol:

If this is true, and even if Spike was to direct it, he would serve himself better making a-whole-nuther (shut up dayumit) movie altogether. Though a lot of them were just starting out in movies, that was a very strong cast to compete with.

It could be a sequel of sorts, just bring back some of the characters, and set it modern times, you know a Mission College 20 years later sort of thing. Bring back Laurence Fishburne's Vaughn Dunlap being the school President, maybe Bill Nunn's character as the head coach of the football team, and they still can't win homecoming, Giancarlo Esposito's Dean Big Brother character, only he's the newly elected board president, or system president, so he, and Vaughn continue their rivalry, Sam Jackson's character making a cameo as a campus policeman now, instead a jehri curl lowlife..........I dunno, just brainstorming.

Personally, I don't think a remake will happen.

NICE

NASTYNUPE said:
what website...never heard of this...is this just midday chatter

In other 'lets do it again' news, Spike Lee tells The Miami Herald that he's doing a sequel to his 80's fave "School Daze". In the sequel, Lee said he hoped to examine gangsta rap's negative impact on black culture, adding that he was inspired by Spelman students' recent stand against Nelly's "Tip Drill" video. The rapper angered students of the nation's most famous black women's college when he appeared in a video showing an image of him swiping a credit card through a woman's backside. Many gathered last April to protest Nelly's appearance at an Atlanta charity event, prompting him to cancel. "I really like hip-hop, but this gangsta rap stuff has really gotten ridiculous," he said. Needless to say Nelly won't be providing toons for the soundtrack - I assume.

I'll give you the site info on Breakfastclub as soon as I find it again.

BILBREW said:
What exactly would be the point of remaking either of these films?

What was the point of Bernie Mack remaking "Look who's comming to dinner?" :tophat:

With all the black/white marriages today, even with the "PLOT TWIST", a black woman bringing home a white man is not shocking news in 2005 as was the case when Sidney did it.

It's just entertainment.

I could see Beyonce' as big hair, high yellow, diva, stuck-up, mind controlled and manipulated "Jane Toussaint"!!!

She could make it work!!
:D :D :D

D-NICE said:
If this is true, and even if Spike was to direct it, he would serve himself better making a-whole-nuther (shut up dayumit) movie altogether. Though a lot of them were just starting out in movies, that was a very strong cast to compete with.

It could be a sequel of sorts, just bring back some of the characters, and set it modern times, you know a Mission College 20 years later sort of thing. Bring back Laurence Fishburne's Vaughn Dunlap being the school President, maybe Bill Nunn's character as the head coach of the football team, and they still can't win homecoming, Giancarlo Esposito's Dean Big Brother character, only he's the newly elected board president, or system president, so he, and Vaughn continue their rivalry, Sam Jackson's character making a cameo as a campus policeman now, instead a jehri curl lowlife..........I dunno, just brainstorming.

Personally, I don't think a remake will happen.

NICE

Nice idea D-Nice for us, but a college movie would target a college crowd and most of today's college kids were 2 to 5 years old when School Daze came out to enjoy the plot you gave. I would really enjoy it myself.

I would be nice to she LF and that giggaboo have a daughter giggaboo in college. Bring back many of the college kids as parents or faculty and have those B2K boys as the college kids.

Da_Sperm said:
Nice idea D-Nice for us, but a college movie would target a college crowd and most of today's college kids were 2 to 5 years old when School Daze came out to enjoy the plot you gave. I would really enjoy it myself.

I would be nice to she LF and that giggaboo have a daughter giggaboo in college. Bring back many of the college kids as parents or faculty and have those B2K boys as the college kids.

Who would you get to play in the "Breakfast Club"?

staggalee83 said:
What was the point of Bernie Mack remaking "Look who's comming to dinner?" :tophat:

With all the black/white marriages today, even with the "PLOT TWIST", a black woman bringing home a white man is not shocking news in 2005 as was the case when Sidney did it.

It's just entertainment.

YES IT IS!!!!!

demondmccombs said:
Fly red-bone, the greeks, the Militant blacks, Dark skins v/s lighter skins.

Yeah, the only thing different is chocolate brothers like myself are now in style and pretty Ricky with the collar is out.

:lol:

staggalee83 said:

It's just entertainment.

You have to keep in mind the time gap between the remakes/updates.

If by some chance School Daze was to be remade in the next couple of years, it would basically be in the same generation with a good number of the patrons that would typically watch that type of film. On the other hand, the majority of the audience that would partronize a film such as "Guess Who" were either not yet born or too young to recall the original "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"(even though most may have seen it since then).

"Guess Who" was only loosely based on "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", so I wouldn't even put it in the same category of a "School Daze" or "Breakfast Club" remake.

Back