Saban retiring

I saw on the news tonight in Huntsville that Oregon coach is the leading candidate. They said he is already in Tuscaloosa and the team is told the hire will be made in less than 72 hours

I saw on the news tonight in Huntsville that Oregon coach is the leading candidate. They said he is already in Tuscaloosa and the team is told the hire will be made in less than 72 hours
Lanning coached on the 2015 team.

I could have sworn I heard reports prior to the season starting that Saben was retiring. I'm I the only one who heard this? I thought it was widely known.
The rumor has been out there all season. It was confirmed today. Apparently the hierarchy was aware and had been working on his replacement and will make an announcement tomorrow.

Can't think of any on college level that had success immediately. Pro level...idk...Pittsburgh. Cowher to Tomlinson? But would we consider Cowher a "legend" vs say Andy Reid?

Here are a couple.

John Madden was follow by Tom Flores for the Raiders. Both won Super Bowls and are in the hall of fame.

George Seifert followed Bill Walsh. Both won Super Bowls. Walsh is in the hall of fame.

Well if Demeco Ryan does get the job. the drinks are on me.
I looks like it’s going to be Oregon’s coach Lanning with a $20m buyout. He turned down the TX A&M job after the firing of Jimbo. They’re moving fast in T-town.

Alabama Football is their religion. They don't play about that. You're talking about the same type of mf'ers that would poison the trees ain Auburn. The same type of mf'ers that would shoot and kill there own family members because Alabama lost a game. They " don't give a piss about nothing but the Tide".

Alabama Football is their religion. They don't play about that. You're talking about the same type of mf'ers that would poison the trees ain Auburn. The same type of mf'ers that would shoot and kill there own family members because Alabama lost a game. They " don't give a piss about nothing but the Tide".
But, Alabama fans united with Auburn fans to elect Tommy Tuberville to the US senate. But, that is another thread.

CEE, to verify your comments. If Lanning was not in Tuscaloosa, he should come out of his office and deny the rumor in Eugene, Oregon. However, if he was at Chuck's Fish in Tuscaloosa last night he will have a press conference soon to accept or reject the coaching job at Alabama. The problem is it's protocol to tell your players in person that you are leaving. In the mean time Bama players will be hitting the transfer portal. Timing is of the essence.

Many rumors are out there about the reason why Saban is leaving. Those details will come out soon. Sark is the choice of many; however, Texas has too much money to sway him away.

Personally I hope Bama loses the next 20 years. Segregation today. Segregation tomorrow and Segregation for ever. Ain't that what George Wallace told us.
All of my friends that are from B-Ham, Anniston, and Mobile are diehard bama fans. We all went to Grambling together. They are so excited to be Bama fans. I told them when we were in college that I don't see why they root for that school like that. Ain't no way in hell that I'm rooting for Ole Miss.

Back