Ronald Mason given unanimous vote of "NO CONFIDENCE"

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
My daughter sent this to me last night while I was at work. Hopefully this will ignite the fire needed to get Mason out of the SU System for good.....

The Baton Rouge faculty senate of Southern University unanimously entered a vote of "no confidence" for System President Ronald Mason.

The President of the Faculty Senate Thomas Miller says Mason has a long history of failure and they're asking the board of supervisors to take action immediately to the correct the problem.

Disagreements over the termination of Dr. James Llorens as Chancellor and financial mismanagement are among many reasons the faculty senate says they do not have confidence in university leadership.

http://m.wafb.com/#!/newsDetail/25891585

Hope the SU alumni, faculty, staff and students get behind this. I told my daughter that it would be a justifiable twist of fate if Dr. Llorens ended up in Mason's job.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Yes he did. I'm guessing that's one of the many factors Miller pointed out when he said Ronald Mason has "a long history of failure". I'm sure all those failures at SU and JSU have been and are duly noted but the firing of Dr. LLorens was probably what got the Senate faculty, alumni, students and parents outraged. You don't fire a person who successfully brings you out of major financial cutbacks unscathed, generate revenue during the budget cuts, continue to bring in students & boost enrollment and save the University money by eliminating low-student volume majors........unless you have a hidden agenda.

My daughter sent this to me last night while I was at work. Hopefully this will ignite the fire needed to get Mason out of the SU System for good.....

The Baton Rouge faculty senate of Southern University unanimously entered a vote of "no confidence" for System President Ronald Mason.

The President of the Faculty Senate Thomas Miller says Mason has a long history of failure and they're asking the board of supervisors to take action immediately to the correct the problem.

Disagreements over the termination of Dr. James Llorens as Chancellor and financial mismanagement are among many reasons the faculty senate says they do not have confidence in university leadership.

Hope the SU alumni, faculty, staff and students get behind this. I told my daughter that it would be a justifiable twist of fate if Dr. Llorens ended up in Mason's job.

Glad the faculty Senate did this. Now we need the board to rid SU of this imbecile.

Those votes don't mean much in the long run. The one at jsu sure didn't. And to say he has a "history of failure" is inaccurate considering his time at JSU was mostly successful.

My sense is Mason is learning the hard way the difference between running a university and managing an entire system. They are not one in the same. You can't micro-manage SUBR while leaving the other branches alone.

This happens every 5 years. Maybe it is not the chancellor, it is the faculty senate or board itself that needs some work As they've been through numerous leaders and all of them run into the same thing

This happens every 5 years. Maybe it is not the chancellor, it is the faculty senate or board itself that needs some work As they've been through numerous leaders and all of them run into the same thing

Which of the two do you think are more like political puppets?

He's not the chancellor and no one in the system, including students and alums, want him on the job.

Last edited:

But "they" just had to have him. And he was the best thing to happened to them since Mumford.

Yes not the chancellor and no one in the system, including students and alums, want him on the job.

It's definitely not (Chancellor) Dr. LLorens. And the students and alum AND faculty want Mason away from anything that has to do with SU. Bri was on the SUSGA Executive Cabinet & they organized one of those town hall meetings when Mason was trying to get rid of Dr. LLorens. WAFB was there, along with The Advocate.........those kids ripped Mason apart! Bri called me late that night, hoarse and tired and was telling me how the faculty were just going in on Mason.

The SU alum and students have to stay on this! The Senate faculty has fired the first shot........but they need to have plenty of "ammunition" and keep "loading" & "reloading".

It's definitely not (Chancellor) Dr. LLorens. And the students and alum AND faculty want Mason away from anything that has to do with SU. Bri was on the SUSGA Executive Cabinet & they organized one of those town hall meetings when Mason was trying to get rid of Dr. LLorens. WAFB was there, along with The Advocate.........those kids ripped Mason apart! Bri called me late that night, hoarse and tired and was telling me how the faculty were just going in on Mason.

The SU alum and students have to stay on this! The Senate faculty has fired the first shot........but they need to have plenty of "ammunition" and keep "loading" & "reloading".

I hate to say, but directly targeting Mason might not get anywhere, since the political side of Southern (the board) might be the reason why he has remained as the System's President. Students need to bombard board members with inquiries on why they elected to have Mason remain as President, especially those board members that voted Mason in as the System's President. And if they can't get an answer from the Board, they need to find which State politician recommended or nominated each board member to serve on the board and bombard their office with similar inquiries on why the person they appointed to the SU Board chose to have an unpopular individual remain as the System's President. Eventually someone would have to answer their inquiries if the media stay involved.

Also, some of the board members are only on campus once or twice a month and they really don't get to see how business is done on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Two years under Dr LLoren, SU failed to meet basic GRAD Act Standards AND people are asking for Masons head in a platter? I wonder do people understand the important of the GRAD Act and how it keeps one's school resources flat because it hinders them from rising tuition to offset low state funding.

Two years under Dr LLoren, SU failed to meet basic GRAD Act Standards AND people are asking for Masons head in a platter? I wonder do people understand the important of the GRAD Act and how it keeps one's school resources flat because it hinders them from rising tuition to offset low state funding.

Raising tuition is always the best solution either... but while Mason is not the level of The Queen, he was very effective at JSU. I can't say that we ever truly embraced him but we did respect him.. at least before the whole Jacobs State fiasco.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I hate to say, but directly targeting Mason might not get anywhere, since the political side of Southern (the board) might be the reason why he has remained as the System's President. Students need to bombard board members with inquiries on why they elected to have Mason remain as President, especially those board members that voted Mason in as the System's President. And if they can't get an answer from Board, they need to find which State politician recommended or nominated each board member to serve on the board and bombard their office with similar inquiries on why the person they appointed to the SU Board chose to have an unpopular individual remain as the System's President. Eventually someone would have to answer their inquiries if the media stay involved.

Also, some of the board members are only on campus once or twice a month and they really don't get to see how business is done on a daily basis.

Mason has already said he's out in June 2015, in indirect words.

But "they" just had to have him. And he was the best thing to happened to them since Mumford.

Exactly. I'm confused. He has a history of failure but (let me go find the articles) they spoke so highly of him and how successful he is /was at JSU and they're hiring him to do those exact same things he did at JSU.

Now he's a failure? Im not understanding this.

We tried to to tell y'all he wouldn't do nor be able to do those wonderful things at SU.
So Don't try and vote the man out now.

Exactly. I'm confused. He has a history of failure but (let me go find the articles) they spoke so highly of him and how successful he is /was at JSU and they're hiring him to do those exact same things he did at JSU.

Now he's a failure? Im not understanding this.

We tried to to tell y'all he wouldn't do nor be able to do those wonderful things at SU.
So Don't try and vote the man out now.

There is nothing to be confused about. This is the FACULTY speaking about his "history of failure". They didn't hire him nor did they ever support him publicly.

I'm confused too...didn't I just read and article on here or somewhere within the past few weeks that the Board was considering making him chancellor of SUBR?? I thought that the Board was going to combine his title/duties to include being President of the SU System and Chancellor of the SUBR campus. Is this no vote in response to that?? Because the article kind of made it sound like a "dun deal".

I'm confused too...didn't I just read and article on here or somewhere within the past few weeks that the Board was considering making him chancellor of SUBR?? I thought that the Board was going to combine his title/duties to include being President of the SU System and Chancellor of the SUBR campus. Is this no vote in response to that?? Because the article kind of made it sound like a "dun deal".

No... HE suggested that himself.

Back