JayRob

:lmao:

REALLY???

I didn't pay a dime to go to GATech. Also, at the time, how many HBCUs had a Ph.D. program in Organic/Polymer Chemistry. How many have one now? You may not know how grad school in the sciences work but MOST of us don't pay for grad school. Most of us are paid by research grants, department aid (such as Teaching Assistants), or outside fellowships. The hard part is getting in. You don't know how much of an academic beast I was in college. I had TWO fellowships totaling close to $200K to pay for my Ph.D. program paid for by an organization called GEM (Dow Chemical Paid for my portion) and a Hewlett Packard Fellowship. I even got to meet David Packard before he died. And since I had my own outside funding, I didn't have to teach NOR did I have to wait for a professor to pick me. I was able to choose my own advisor because I came to him with my OWN money. Now get like me or go sit down! I never had a student loan in my LIFE!

But regardless of all of that, I WENT to GaTech and I have a REAL connection to it. What is your connection to BAMA? Some of yall over here yelling Roll Tide and never took a class. Maybe you should enroll and get a certificate or something.. LOL
Boom goes the dynamite!!!!

good! more folks should speak up on hbcu students wearing PWI gear on campus. I know the history between LSU and SU is rocky so I dont know what possessed him to wear a LSU shirt on SU's campus.
The same naive mindset that allows PV undergrads to sport txa&m and ut-austin bullshit.

Raises my ire but I have to be careful w/ it.

Where is this true in large numbers? Lived in Mississippi all my life and don't see this in large numbers by Black folks.
North Mississippi (Pontotoc, Tupelo, Okolona, Oxford, Starkville, Columbus, Houston, Iuka, New Albany, Shannon, Ripley)

North Mississippi (Pontotoc, Tupelo, Okolona, Oxford, Starkville, Columbus, Houston, Iuka, New Albany, Shannon, Ripley)
I meant actual evidence. Those towns are mostly white any how. It's understandable if the folks are in and around Miss. State and Ole Miss, but overall, those numbers are minimal at best and only located in northeast Mississippi. It's not statewide and certainly not in the territory of any HBCU in Mississippi.

I meant actual evidence. Those towns are mostly white any how. It's understandable if the folks are in and around Miss. State and Ole Miss, but overall, those numbers are minimal at best and only located in northeast Mississippi. It's not statewide and certainly not in the territory of any HBCU in Mississippi.
I'm talking about the black people. There are a good number of black people in those areas.

Rust College is in the area also.

How many national championships have MSU, UM and USM won?

I see your point. Still just saying you don't see it a lot...........Ole Miss could win every year and you won't see a large number of black people in MS wearing their stuff. MSU probably. We all know USM ain't winnin' nothin ever. LOL

Look yall, I do not disagree with what you guys say about Black people and cheering for Alabama and even Auburn. When I go home to Alabama to visit the kin folks, I am constantly berating my nieces, nephews, and cousins, who attended Stillman, Miles, ASU, and AA&M for not wearing gear from their respective alma maters. I know they get sick of me telling them to buy bumper stickers, those flags that you put on your car windows, t-shirts, cups, etc. Anything to support your school. But they don't do that, and that pisses me off to no end.

So, to In_The_662, and Blacknbengal, etc., I don't have a problem nor do i disagree with what yall are saying. The problem that I am having is yall are try to say it happens only in Alabama. Come on yall, we all know that is bullsh!t. But anyway.....

I know people that graduated from ASU, AAMU, Miles, Stillman, and Tuskegee that do the same thing in Alabama.

I know people that graduated from ASU, AAMU, Miles, Stillman, and Tuskegee that do the same thing in Alabama.

It happens everywhere I think for sure. Just not as much in Miss to which makes sense about JC's response to my post which was "how many national championships has USM, Ole Miss and MSU won?" If MSU was a football powerhouse like Bama, you would probably see it way more in MS. Ole Miss not so much......we hate ole Miss. :) USM, I don't think anybody really cares and they won't win a Natty anytime soon.

I see your point. Still just saying you don't see it a lot...........Ole Miss could win every year and you won't see a large number of black people in MS wearing their stuff. MSU probably. We all know USM ain't winnin' nothin ever. LOL
I saw it with my own eyes when I was home during the fourth of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back